I may have to lug my old nook reader with me on travel next week. The only book I've read on my PB (latest Bourne book), kept getting confused about which page i was on and which chapter I was reading. Now I can't even get the book I bought today at kobo.com to load. Maybe the android nook reader will work with v2.0 (hoping).
    11-06-11 07:43 PM
    Looks like I'm crawling to bed with either my Storm2 or my laptop...neither of which is an ideal option.

Hopefully they will get this fixed soon. But in all honesty as Playbook owners we will always be tail end charlie as far as support and descent apps are concerned.

It just doesn't pay to be number three...four...five or what ever place RIM will fall to in the market.

Next spring I am going to start keeping an eye out for a descent PC slate and screw all of these start up operating systems.
    11-06-11 08:08 PM
    Still no joy on the Kobo app. I have the original Kobo ereader device, so I guess I'll dust that off (no wifi - requires a USB cable to the desktop to load books).

Kobo has generally been very responsive with customer service. Email them at [email protected] to have a help ticket raised.

Also they've maintained a good presence on twitter, but I think their new device (the Vox) might be overloading their customer support people. I've tweeted a little rant with their handle (@kobo).
    11-07-11 10:35 AM
    Having the same problem since about Saturday.

If you have downloaded a book to the Playbook you can read/load it by turning off WiFi.
    11-07-11 11:26 AM
    Kobo came preloaded on my PB. Do the folks at RIM know about this issue?
    mundo472 likes this.
    11-07-11 11:36 AM
    allegedly yes as i rang them asking for advice but they just said kobo hadn't finished all the updates yet. seriously not good enough in my view!
    jeilders likes this.
    11-07-11 11:43 AM
    probably was a day that RIM could have cracked a whip on kobo. those days are likely over.
    11-07-11 03:53 PM
    Asked someone in a store manning the Kobo units. He had no clue and wasnt even aware there was a problem.
    He did say that they are upgrading software for Vox so perhaps theyve got their hands full
    11-07-11 05:06 PM
    Has anyone checked to see if it works on the android app on 2.0? I called again this morning and they said they were still working to find a resolution for their server issues!

I am reading my books using my son's iPad and dont really like it. it is to big the Playbook is perfect for reading..
    11-08-11 10:41 AM
    ive reported the issue on there kobo facebook page and there get satisfaction page. they finally sent an email that there checking into it. i directed them to here and see that theres quite a few people having issues. I miss my kobo on my playbook.
    11-08-11 02:09 PM
    I also posted to the Kobo Facebook page, which they seem to monitor. I'd suggest others with this problem also post, so it does show there are a few of us with this issue. web address is here: http://www.facebook.com/kobo?sk=app_227698805184
    Last edited by Scrybe; 11-08-11 at 05:48 PM.
    11-08-11 05:46 PM
    I saw this bit of news this morning, apparently Kobo's just been acquired by this Japanese e-commerce company. Could that possibly be one cause of this problem?

Kobo and Its Ereader Acquired for $315 Million

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 08:54 PM
    kobo playbook user please post to https://www.facebook.com/kobo?sk=app_227698805184 . let our voice be heard
    11-09-11 08:01 PM
    You would think they would just own up to it. It has been 3 days for me and I think longer for others. Does anyone know when it will be fixed?? I want to read my books. I was thinking it was my playbook and deleted the app. Silly me.
    11-09-11 09:15 PM
    Its doing my head in now as i only read books on my PB now and have always used Kobo for this and being able to use the PB as a book reader was one of the main reasons i got a PB over an iPad as that felt too big to read books on and as the kindle wasn't really usable for other things it made it too limited for me.

84 hours since i emailed the help desk and no response yet even after chasing it up. Not good enough.
    11-10-11 01:02 AM
    We're all worried about a few books and a dead app (that was pretty crappy to start with). I wonder who the real fool is:

Rakuten intends to acquire 100% of total issued and outstanding shares of Kobo for US$315 million in cash.

Sayonara Suckers!

11-10-11 01:25 AM
    So much for progress. At least if I'd purchased a paperback, the incompetent, unresponsive company that sold it to me couldn't stop me from reading it. Kobo for blackberry ... down since Saturday.

Good News: The reader for blackberry bold works again as of yesterday.
    Bad News: Playbook still NFG.

Ultimate issue (My opinion) Kobo tech support to busy fixing the tragic "Vox" to deal with the Playbook.
    11-10-11 06:55 AM
    Ultimate issue (My opinion) Kobo tech support to busy fixing the tragic "Vox" to deal with the Playbook.
    Disagree with you calling the Vox "tragic" 100%.

I love my Playbook more that my Vox in terms of hardware and operating systems but on my "tragic" Vox I can currently read my Kobo books, my Kindle books and my Comixology comics. I can also have access to my Exchange mailbox and can natively view my contacts, calendar, send and receive email on the Vox.

Six important functions for me that the Playbook alone cannot accomplish at the moment ...

Not so "tragic" if you ask me.
    11-10-11 07:25 AM
    Don't know if this has been posted or not but you still can read your library if you turn your wifi and bluetooth off.
    11-10-11 07:36 AM
    Don't know if this has been posted or not but you still can read your library if you turn your wifi and bluetooth off.
    No I can't because in trying to fix this on my own and assuming it was a problem on my Playbook I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Now my library is empty and not updating/downloading.
    11-10-11 10:57 AM
    Disagree with you calling the Vox "tragic" 100%.

I love my Playbook more that my Vox in terms of hardware and operating systems but on my "tragic" Vox I can currently read my Kobo books, my Kindle books and my Comixology comics. I can also have access to my Exchange mailbox and can natively view my contacts, calendar, send and receive email on the Vox.

Six important functions for me that the Playbook alone cannot accomplish at the moment ...

Not so "tragic" if you ask me.
    And, as of this morning I also have Zinio and Netflix running on the Kobo Vox which "tragically" is still not working on my Playbook.

I love my Playbook alot but since it can't perform the functions I want it is being relegated to a very expensive alarm clock on my bedside charger.

It's like buying a Ferrari to haul 10 bags of cement. The Ferrari is fast and very sexy but totally useless at cement carrying so why bother? The Playbook is my Ferrari and the Kobo Vox is my pickup truck ...

Here is hoping they fix the Kobo app, get a Kindle, Netflix, Comixology and Zinio app and support full integration with my Exchange mail server even if my phone is in the next room on the charger and out of Bluetooth range. Cause I REALLY want to haul cement in a Ferrari
    11-10-11 11:04 AM
    I could see that Rob, but i'm assuming you still have to have an intact library existing on your playbook? most of us don't..
    11-10-11 11:34 AM
    No connection problems here. I have lost some functionality like swiping to turn pages, but that may have to do with 2.0 beta...
    11-10-11 12:28 PM
    I started having problems about a week ago. I emailed and no response yet. I just bought a few new books too so if this doesn't work in the next day or two I'm going to demand my money back because this is ridiculous. I'll have to call them later today. What a PITA!!

11-10-11 12:55 PM
    cinder, are u saing with 2.0 beta, u can downloads books to your playbook....and just using the kobo app from rimm store? i have installed 2.0 beta and the playbook kobo app is not working still.
    11-10-11 02:16 PM
145 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD