@Blkacesvf41 Could you try and see if you can find the book in your library same way I did and check if you can find it by ISBN number? Or already tried that?
    11-18-11 02:55 AM
    @Blkacesvf41 Could you try and see if you can find the book in your library same way I did and check if you can find it by ISBN number? Or already tried that?
    Just did, using ISBN 9780316026109 for Double Cross I get both blue and red versions in both the kobo website and store area in PB app. I don't know what you mean by in my library. Like I said, tapping on the blue version in the PB app store area gives me "no longer available" and red one shows "buy now" even though this is one of the books I originally had in my library and disappeared when all of this started. At least I got back the one I was currently reading. Btw the app seems to be stable now so let's cross our fingers.
    11-18-11 08:09 AM
    KOBO's customer service is definitely useless. I've been trying for over 3 weeks to update my email address for my account on their regular website. When you try to save the changes to your account it just goes into an endless spin of their update wheel. And after multiple calls and emails to them, their FIX is to tell me to use a different web browser since evidently they do not want to make their web site work correctly with IE 8 or 9....
    11-18-11 10:15 AM
    Hoped I could use my new PB for KOBO book reading, but am suffering from the KOBO server/software problem. Neither blackberry device can access my KOBO library (BB Torch and PlayBook, so I guess they have one mother of a network or server problem.

Please see my findings and some questions on this other thread. I don't want to repeat myself here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-668515/
    Last edited by Allan-Vancouver; 11-20-11 at 03:34 PM. Reason: New info
    JaredPress likes this.
    11-19-11 06:35 PM
    Hoped I could use my new PB for KOBO book reading, but am suffering from the KOBO server/software problem. Neither blackberry device can access my KOBO library (BB Torch and PlayBook, so I guess they have one mother of a network or server problem.
    Have you tried the work around solution. Isn't a perfect solution for everyone but might be enough to get you by until they release the promised upgrade...who knows how long that will be.
    11-19-11 08:16 PM
    I used the posted solution with great success. Fixed both playbooks and even bought a book with out a problem. Great work around for the moment.
    11-19-11 10:47 PM
    I used the posted solution with great success. Fixed both playbooks and even bought a book with out a problem. Great work around for the moment.
    Glad to hear it works for you. Please keep us posted if anything changes.

I havent had even a hick up so far and beside singlesculler have been running the fix longest. However it hasnt been a perfect fix for all us as a few have books that they cant redownload.

One user on facebook just went down after a few days running the fix. Apparently he plans to run it again.

At this point I am nearly certain that Kobo is dickering with individual files and as a result it is screwing up peoples bookmarks. Maybe I am wrong but based on what I have been observing it seems a reasonable hypothosis.

Cheers...goodluck...and keep your fingers crossed for an updated kobo app sometime before the 12th of never
    baldo likes this.
    11-19-11 11:00 PM
    One user on facebook just went down after a few days running the fix. Apparently he plans to run it again.
    Hey that's me!

I'll post the answers here to the questions you asked on Kobo's "I can't get no satisfaction" customer fury website:
    • I have not purchased any new books
    • Since I fixed it a few days ago, I have only used the Playbook app
    • After the fix this morning, I went through the process of reloading my previously purchased books. A book that I was able to find a couple of days ago is now gone from the Kobo store

So, interesting. Could the problem occur when Kobo removes a book file for a book that's currently in my library? On my original fix, I had one book that I could find, but not download (it said "buy now"). And on this morning's fix, I have another book that I can't find at all (it's an e-book bundle ... disappeared from the store, was there on a few days ago).

Prior to getting the spinning wheel yesterday, I had noticed that the bookmark in the book I was reading wasn't correct ... that seems to be a symptom of greater troubles.

This whole episode is souring reading for me right now. I have a number of books on my wishlist (I wishlist on Amazon and then purchase on Kobo, since Kobo hasn't discovered the genius of a wishlist yet) ... but I'm reluctant to purchase on Kobo.

If Amazon came out with an app for the Playbook today it would be a bestseller !!
    11-20-11 06:39 AM
    UPDATE: mucked around with this some more and the problem definitely seems to be with books that are no longer available in the store, but this problem only occurs on the Playbook.

On the web and using the desktop app, I can remove my entire library and then repopulate it by going into "My Purchased Items" and using the "Bookmark" tool to put a page 1 bookmark on each item (quick!). Then re-synching the desktop app causes all of those books to download and repopulate the library. The Playbook? The wheel just spins away. If I do the same thing online but only bookmark those books that I know are still available in the store, then the Playbook refreshes properly (I do have to sign out and sign back in a few times).

So, as long as you know the book is available in the store, you don't need to actually go into the store to download it; you can bookmark it from your online Purchased list and it will synch properly into your library.

Clearly the content of the ebooks that have been removed from the store is still available on Kobo's servers, and I can still download those books onto the desktop app. But the Playbook app doesn't seem to be able to handle them, and hangs up.
    11-20-11 08:22 AM
    Here is an email I just received. Note that I emailed them on 11/11. At least, for me, the Kobo app is working.

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
    Problems with Kobo App on Blackberry Playbook

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Wilson, Leslita) 11/20/2011 04:30 AM
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care.We apologize for the delay in response to your email.

We are currently experiencing problems with the Kobo application on the Blackberry playbook. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We are looking into the matter.

Sincerely,
    The Kobo Team.
    11-20-11 08:34 AM
    So, interesting. Could the problem occur when Kobo removes a book file for a book that's currently in my library? On my original fix, I had one book that I could find, but not download (it said "buy now"). And on this morning's fix, I have another book that I can't find at all (it's an e-book bundle ... disappeared from the store, was there on a few days ago).

Prior to getting the spinning wheel yesterday, I had noticed that the bookmark in the book I was reading wasn't correct ... that seems to be a symptom of greater troubles.
    Gortho666 Had a missing book and seems to have been the root of his problem.

If you find the book that changed to a "buy" button and undelete it from you trash folder in your account what happens?

i may take a bit of time to surf Android forums...if I can find one...and see if they are having any problems.

Sometimes when I read an email on PB via bridge kobo geeks out. So who knows what the problem really is and Kobo sure isnt making things clear

Also I am going to make a point of downloading my books to Adobe Digital Editions and strip the DRM. Then I can load in PB and read with the ePub Reader if kobo screws up again. Did this with one book and it works.

Perhaps that is illegal(?) but as long as I dont distribute the unlocked books what are they going to do to me? I paid for the books and it is there lousy support to all of us that forced the issue.
    11-20-11 10:15 AM
    Gortho666 Had a missing book and seems to have been the root of his problem.

If you find the book that changed to a "buy" button and undelete it from you trash folder in your account what happens?

i may take a bit of time to surf Android forums...if I can find one...and see if they are having any problems.

Sometimes when I read an email on PB via bridge kobo geeks out. So who knows what the problem really is and Kobo sure isnt making things clear

Also I am going to make a point of downloading my books to Adobe Digital Editions and strip the DRM. Then I can load in PB and read with the ePub Reader if kobo screws up again. Did this with one book and it works.

Perhaps that is illegal(?) but as long as I dont distribute the unlocked books what are they going to do to me? I paid for the books and it is there lousy support to all of us that forced the issue.
    Jared,

can you speak more to this process as I would like to convert my kobo book for an ereader on the pb. I have no intent of distributing just want the freedom of using another reader app. thanks
    11-20-11 10:25 AM
    Jared,

can you speak more to this process as I would like to convert my kobo book for an ereader on the pb. I have no intent of distributing just want the freedom of using another reader app. thanks
    I have only begun experimenting but this what I know so far....

There are a number of apps out on the net that will remove DRM from books. Some are free some are pay apps.

I am not at my computer now but when I am done waking up at my favorite coffee shop and get home I will ellaborate on how I managed it.

Will need to repeat it a few times
    11-20-11 10:40 AM
    I have only begun experimenting but this what I know so far....

There are a number of apps out on the net that will remove DRM from books. Some are free some are pay apps.

I am not at my computer now but when I am done waking up at my favorite coffee shop and get home I will ellaborate on how I managed it.

Will need to repeat it a few times
    Appreciate it and look forward to hearing back...enjoy your Jo.....
    11-20-11 10:56 AM
    Appreciate it and look forward to hearing back...enjoy your Jo.....
    See this post. I have taken it about as far as I think is prudent but this should get you well on your way.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...98#post6866698
    11-20-11 03:03 PM
    For all having Kobo problems there is an update in Appworld. Seems to be working again
    11-21-11 09:14 PM
    I agree. Kobo for Playbook does seem to be back to standard.
    11-29-11 04:57 PM
    Could someone please upload the kobo bar file again?

I can not download the original one at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0.

Even most of the attachments in crackberry forum don't work.

I got this message
    "
    Crackberry Forums Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

I think it is better to upload bar files to Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire

Thanks.
    12-06-11 11:17 PM
    Hi! I am new at this and hoping this is the right place for my concern.
    I just bought a BB Playbook. I have downloaded many books from Kobo without problem. However, this last book keeps showing only the first chapter. When I click for the next chapter, it says I need to buy the book (eventhought I have the receipt for it and can read in on my phone and my Kobo ereader!). Then if I click to say I want to buy it (again) it says I already have it (I know!). I called Kobo and they deleted the book and reinstalled it in my account but the same problem is still there. I can read the book on another ereader but not on my Playbook. And I can still read other all my other books on my BB Playbook.
    Anyone with a suggestion? Thanks! http://images.crackberry.com/forum_i...s/confused.gif
    02-04-12 03:55 PM
    Kobo keeps crashing randomly for me on my 64GB Playbook.
    08-05-14 09:26 PM
145 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD