New playbook user... Headed to Europe tomorrow. Hoping to buy some books to read on the trip.

Kobo is packaged with the playbook, but I can't seem to buy a book. When I hit "buy now" it sends me to a screen to input my info but does not have a space for the cc number, only for my name and the card type and expiration date. When I hit the "buy now" button at the bottom of the pages nothing happens. Sometimes the button does not even appear.

I can download free books and previews no problem. I have the latest bb software update and have uninstalled/downloaded the Kobo app several times...

Help...!

Thanks,

D.
    04-19-12 12:35 AM
    Unfortunately that seems to be the normal behavior on the current version.

Just go to the website using the browser, login and buy the books from there. After that your books should be waiting for you within the App!

That's what I did.

Have a nice trip!
    04-19-12 01:17 AM
    Save your time and money Kobo is a poor book store and has horrible service. They got me so mad I bought a nook. Kobo is designed my someone's kid who proclaimed it was perfect because it was "For the Children"
    04-19-12 02:23 AM
    As previously posted, buy from website and they will show up on your Playbook. Unlike the post above, I've never had a problem with Kobo and like it just fine. Safe trip!
    04-19-12 04:08 AM
    Ditto, buy from kobobooks.com and it works great. You need to put the CC# in your Kobo account no matter where you buy from, the apps never ask for CC even on Kobo devices. Just set up your account and you'll be good to go.
    04-19-12 04:38 AM
    Thanks for the advice; I bought some books from the Kobo store.

One worked fine and appeared in the app OK.

The other, I had downloaded a preview of...the preview is in the app but the book I paid for is nowhere to be seen...

TIA for any help!

Cheers

D.

Edit: uninstalled/reinstalled app and it didn't help :-(
    Last edited by dienstuhr; 04-19-12 at 08:50 AM. Reason: More info
    04-19-12 08:19 AM
    Thanks for the advice; I bought some books from the Kobo store.

One worked fine and appeared in the app OK.

The other, I had downloaded a preview of...the preview is in the app but the book I paid for is nowhere to be seen...

TIA for any help!

Cheers

D.

Edit: uninstalled/reinstalled app and it didn't help :-(
    Try using the "refresh" option from the App menu.
    04-19-12 10:56 AM
    Try using the "refresh" option from the App menu.
    That didn't help either :-(

Sucks as I have Mockingjay (Hunger Games part 3) in the library but only the preview chapter of Catching Fire!

Have a message in to Kobo tech support but no high hopes...
    04-19-12 12:11 PM
    You may need to go to the website, log in to your account, then click on "My Library" at the top of the page. Make sure your book is listed there in the "I'm Reading" list. If it's not, click on "Purchased" to make sure the book is there, select the book and bookmark it. I think this will add it to your "I'm Reading" list. I had to do this a few times when I would lose a book from my 9900, until they recently updated the app. Now Kobo is working great for me on my PlayBook and the 9900!
    04-19-12 01:07 PM
    I have had a few issues as well but now OK, and the customer support has been helpful. Enjoy your trip
    04-19-12 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD