No problems here; several purchases and numerous free books download without a hitch.
    01-18-12 05:28 PM
    No problems here; several purchases and numerous free books download without a hitch.
    +1 here at least 30 bought between wife & me ans another dozen free. never been any issues with books.
    01-18-12 06:19 PM
    yup. a refund was done back to my card but only after a lottttt of emails and phone calls. cannot believe how much effort it took actually.was only $2 which i dont care about. it was principle. if the book will not work i should not be able to buy or even view it in the app.
    02-13-12 08:27 AM
    I am not a fan of the Kobo reader on PB. I tried to make my first purchase via the app and it kept screwing up telling me I have to select the country even though I did each time. After 6 attempts, re-entering all the info each time, I logged onto the website and purchased that way. After the purchase, I still had the preview version on my PB. I had to remove the preview version, go into the bookstore through the app and search for the book to download it onto my PB. What a pain that whole experience was. On top of it, I found myself not liking the way the text and background looked on the app so I converted the book via Calibre and read it with Book Reader. Plus, the footnote links don't even appear on Kobo.
    02-13-12 09:28 AM
    I am also having this issue with one of my kobo purchased books. I probably have 30-40 books that work fine. Its just this one that downloads the preview only. I've tried deleting the book and readding it multiple times. I have deleted my kobo app and reinstalled it and downloaded my entire library again. I even went to my kobo library online deleted the book - refreshed my kobo library - then tried downloading it again. Still a preview only. I have contacted customer service and got similar responses to previous posters. Interestingly enough this is also a drm-free epub book that a previous poster also had trouble with. I do have the Book Reader app and was able to download the epub onto my playbook and read it there. The only reason I have the Book Reader app is because of all the kobo app limitations and its come through for me again. I do enjoy ebooks and have enjoyed using kobo ... I just wish they would update this app and fix some of these bugs.
    02-17-12 01:51 PM
    I had the same issue with a Kobo book that I bought today (on Playbook OS 2.0 launch day). I could only see the preview which had disappeared when I closed and reopened Kobo. And I got the same answer:
    "Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We apologize for the issue that you are having. You experience this issue as the book mentioned is a DRM-Free ePub and cannot be stored or read in full on the Blackberry Playbook. We sincerely apologize for this issue."
    02-21-12 11:58 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD