Can someone tell me where to find the epub files from my kobo books? I have the kobo app installed on my playbook. I purchased and downloaded some books but i can't find where they are stored locally. With that file location, will it be possible to drag and drop or sideload books from another source into the folder and see them in my kobo library?

Thanks!
    07-03-12 11:37 AM
    I don't think you can do that with Kobo. You can do it, though, with Kindle.
    07-03-12 12:01 PM
    So if i can't load epubs in my kobo, can i at least find my kobo books and read them in another device? Are they stored on my playbook or just somewhere in cyberspace?

Thanks for your input pacoman03
    07-03-12 02:17 PM
    They are hidden somewhere on the pb and accessible only using the kobo app. BUT you can get kobo apps for other devices and then download your kobo books to read on those other devices.
    07-03-12 04:25 PM
    They are hidden somewhere on the pb and accessible only using the kobo app. BUT you can get kobo apps for other devices and then download your kobo books to read on those other devices.
    Sounds like i'm getting closer to achieving my goal... My problem is that when i first created my Kobo account for my playbook, my wife purchased a girly book for herself (not fifty shades of gray... that one's coming later) under my account. No big deal but now I decided to purchase my own books and we'd like to seperate the two. She would read hers from her Kobo touch, and I from my Playbook. If i could transfer, her book to the Kobo... Voil�! everybody's happy!

Thanks for you're input!
    07-03-12 04:55 PM
    you can download Kobo books from their website and then read them in a different book reader on your Playbook, it varies though what type of file the book comes in, but strange enough you can't do this with the Kobo app, so it is a case of trial and error and some creativity, to make it all work..., probably you can even use the Playbook web browser, otherwise for sure your PC web browser would work.
    07-03-12 05:08 PM
    you can download Kobo books from their website and then read them in a different book reader on your Playbook, it varies though what type of file the book comes in, but strange enough you can't do this with the Kobo app, so it is a case of trial and error and some creativity, to make it all work..., probably you can even use the Playbook web browser, otherwise for sure your PC web browser would work.
    I'm in the Trial and Error mode right now... unfortunately, I spend more time reading forums than the book i purchased from Kobo! haha! Oh well, I'm having fun learning about the whole thing so it's ALLLLL GOOOOOD!
    07-03-12 05:17 PM
    There's also an epub reader called Book Reader in AppWorld that's pretty good. I downloaded an epub formatted book from Kobo and read it there. Trial and error is pretty much where we're all at right now. The Kobo app for the pb definitely needs some work. You can read some previews in the Kobo app and then be unable to read the full book there if you pull the trigger and buy it. I've started checking the website before buying anything from them to make sure I know what I'm getting. Good luck and happy reading to both of you!
    Coach88 likes this.
    07-04-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD