Lets start a thread just for kobo discounts!

Code: c4auto40

40% off, good till march 14th I believe!
    03-13-12 02:25 PM
    If only this worked on all books..when I tried in the past certain books/publishers refused to allow coupon codes to work on the checkout screen. A great way to lose a sale.
    03-13-12 04:41 PM
    If only this worked on all books..when I tried in the past certain books/publishers refused to allow coupon codes to work on the checkout screen. A great way to lose a sale.
    Yeah that happened on only one book I was interested in so far, but still...I just saved like $4 bucks on a book
    03-13-12 05:19 PM
    Thank you for posting this code. Just saved $5. :-)
    Too bad it only works for 1 purchase.
    03-13-12 08:01 PM
    Cool idea! Thanks.
    03-13-12 08:05 PM
    I've been getting a bunch of discount codes for 25%, but any book I was considering buying wasn't eligible. I wish there was a way to hide the ones that don't take codes.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-13-12 11:23 PM
    Good articles with info about pricing ...

E-book price-fixing alleged - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News
    E-book prices spark battle between publishers, retailers - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

The second has info specifically re: Kobo. It seems the publishers set some pretty solid bottom line in prices so not allowing a discount is likely due to the publishers. Too bad.
    03-14-12 03:19 AM
    Kobo has always use complaining supported RIM.
    Maybe we should reciprocate.
    03-14-12 05:03 AM
    Kobo has always use complaining supported RIM.
    Maybe we should reciprocate.
    Say what ? ? ? Can we get that in english please.
    fbloise and manofice1 like this.
    03-14-12 05:06 AM
    Code worked for me! Just got The Hunger Games for my first book.
    03-14-12 07:18 AM
    Good articles with info about pricing ...

The second has info specifically re: Kobo. It seems the publishers set some pretty solid bottom line in prices so not allowing a discount is likely due to the publishers. Too bad.
    You'll find the books that dont allow codes are similarly priced in Google/Amazon etc. Its books from Penguin Harper Collins and a whole heap of others which they list.
    George RR Martin doesnt allow it which annoys me as the ebooks are only about $2 than buying a physical copy.

Books listed with 2 prices "our price""listed price" allow codes to be used.

Anyway here are some I have used which I believe are still valid:
    FirstRead (35% off – One time use)
    giftread (25% off – One time use)
    Welcome20 (20% off – One time use)
    save2011 (20% off – One time use)
    Kobodollaroff ($1 off – One time use)
    save20offer (20% off – One time use)
    Last edited by QuantumFish777; 03-14-12 at 07:22 AM.
    diegonei, CDM76 and Chrisy like this.
    03-14-12 07:19 AM
    Thanks for the 40% code - just saveed $10.30 on a book trilogy that was already discounted 50%.

I flip back and forth between Amazon and Kobo for books and basically Kobo is where my last 4 books has been bought due to pricing. The discounting really has wiped Amazon from race lately.

However I still always check both just in case. Competition is great.
    Last edited by Valzic; 03-14-12 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Typo
    03-14-12 07:54 AM
    thankyou2012 (35% off)
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-14-12 08:23 AM
    You'll find the books that dont allow codes are similarly priced in Google/Amazon etc. Its books from Penguin Harper Collins and a whole heap of others which they list.
    George RR Martin doesnt allow it which annoys me as the ebooks are only about $2 than buying a physical copy.
    Something must have changed recently for George R.R Martin books. I picked up the four book set of a Song of Ice and Fire on October 30 using a Kobo coupon code. Total price after GST was $13.72.

And yes, it is really annoying when "they" do not allow the use of coupon codes, especially when the e-book is priced twice as high as the paperback.
    03-14-12 10:50 AM
    seems like all you need to do is purchase 1 book through them.

I receive at least 5 emails a day offering me discount after discount after discount.

this is a great idea for a thread though. Will definitely use some of these if my offered ones arent allowed.
    elphie28 and Chrisy like this.
    03-14-12 11:31 AM
    Thank you all for this thread. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any of these great offers since I have purchased several books in the past few weeks. I went back into my account and realized that I had checked "no" where it asked if I wanted to receive emails with special offers. Since I cannot utilize my Nook account on my Playbook without doing technical somersaults, Kobo is going to be my primary reading app, so hopefully I can start saving some money. I love Crackberry!
    03-14-12 05:07 PM
    seems like all you need to do is purchase 1 book through them.

I receive at least 5 emails a day offering me discount after discount after discount.
    You might not even actually have to buy a book but only try to redeem one of the coupons they had sent you previously. Like others have experienced, I was disappointed when a coupon wasn't allowed for the title I wanted so I bailed on the purchase. Ever since then I get daily (literally) emails from Kobo saying something like "Save 25% on your next great read". I guess they know I acted on a previous coupon (even though I didn't actually buy anything), so they must be hoping I'll jump on another offer if they keep sending them.

Good thread idea, by the way.
    03-14-12 07:50 PM
    I have been getting the emails for 25% off recently but haven't tried to use them yet. I got annoyed when kobo sent me emails offering me a free book in Jan and Feb only to have the code not work no matter how many times I tried. Error kept saying something to the effect the there had been and error processing my request. No kidding, hence not in a hurry to try any of the other codes. I was given a memory stick with a couple thousand books on it, I'll work my way through those first I think and keep looking for library books for the kids now that I have overdrive (mind you it has been buggy for me since the update). Oh well! I'll figure it all out at some point....I hope!
    03-14-12 09:17 PM
    Lets start a thread just for kobo discounts!

Code: c4auto40

40% off, good till march 14th I believe!
    Used your code, thanks...useful and great thread initiative
    manofice1 likes this.
    03-15-12 01:26 AM
    C3Auto35 - just used this not sure on expiry
    03-16-12 08:55 AM
    mar16ca20

20% off. Expires Mar 19.
    03-16-12 10:10 AM
    Just used:

c4auto40 - 40% off
    c3auto35 - 35% off

Thanks
    QuantumFish777 likes this.
    03-18-12 08:36 PM
    For those who are interested, Kobo is offering 85% off a title from The Hunger Games. It is applicable on any one of the three books, or on the trilogy set itself.

Code: HungerGamesDeal
    Expires: 31 March 2012

Edit: For single hunger game books use codes HungerGamesDeal2 and HungerGamesDeal3
    Last edited by manofice; 03-23-12 at 09:32 AM.
    QuantumFish777 likes this.
    03-23-12 09:28 AM
    For those who are interested, Kobo is offering 85% off a title from The Hunger Games. It is applicable on any one of the three books, or on the trilogy set itself.

Code: HungerGamesDeal
    Expires: 31 March 2012

Edit: For single hunger game books use codes HungerGamesDeal2 and HungerGamesDeal3
    Thankyou very much for this, got this last night. Figured since the movies are here might as well read what all the fuss is about for a whole $1.15
    Unfortunately cant get the trilogy in Australia which is $5 atm for US customers.
    In saying that I used the above codes for each book which works out to $3.45 in total. Go figure.
    Last edited by QuantumFish777; 03-23-12 at 09:19 PM.
    03-23-12 09:07 PM
    Code: jmar23us20k
    20% off this weekend only, valid until March 26th!

I saw it on the home page of the site while viewing on the computer, so not sure if it's valid only for certain books or anything.
    fbloise likes this.
    03-25-12 04:37 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD