Does anyone have any news on when, or if, Kobo will fix the PB app that crashed last weekend? I've called support but the two people I spoke with didn't have a clue - about anything!

Adoral
    11-09-11 06:16 AM
    You should name your thread Kobo Sucks. I got my books from Google Books. I had no choice, Kobo Sucks.
    11-09-11 07:21 AM
    I like to try and keep things upbeat, but I tend to agree on this one. Kobo hasn't worked at all for me over the last week. The apps just continues to try and load the library which I have three books in.

Having just downgraded from OS 2.0 and leaving Kindle behind, its hard to go back to Kobo which at the moment is useless and taking up space on my PB.

Hopefully we receive an update on whats happening over the next few days. If anyone does receive anything back from their support department please share with us all.
    11-09-11 07:38 AM
    I agree that I'll "escape" from Kobo. I technology challenged so I need to ask: how do I get ebooks from Google and get to read them on my PB? I have downloaded the eReader app from App World.

Adoral
    11-09-11 10:50 AM
    I have been using Kobo since getting my Playbook 2 months ago and really enjoy it. However, I bought a new book on the Kobo website this weekend with my PC, and when I tried to access my library it would just load and load and not pull anything up. The Kobo rep I talked to on Sunday didn't know what was going on. I called Monday morning and they said their tech support was aware of the issue and they were working to resolve it. They didn't have an ETA. Funny thing is, my wife, parents, and friend all have Playbooks and their Kobo app is working fine. My problem only started on Saturday after I bought a new book and my Playbook tried to reload my library. After that I've been unable to access my library. My tip for anyone out there...... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM KOBO UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED. YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO YOUR ENTIRE LIBRARY. If anyone has updates on the Kobo app please post. Thanks!
    11-09-11 11:54 AM
    Just talked to Kobo. Still no ETA, but said the problem should be fixed by the weekend. Not going to kill me, I'm too busy at work to read any books until the weekend anyway.
    11-09-11 12:23 PM
    That's sensible. Let's wait and see what happens on the weekend. If it takes longer and I can't read, I may get the shakes
    11-09-11 12:59 PM
    Agreed. But if it's not resolved by the weekend I may ask for a refund on several books and go to Barnes and Noble and just buy them! lol
    11-09-11 03:00 PM
    Any updates on the Kobo outage?
    11-10-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD