I just got an email saying that they have aligned to share services with each others customers! This is good news for us readers!
    07-13-11 09:15 PM
    By "data" you mean books?
    07-13-11 09:29 PM
    they are sharing personal data not books. They will probably share what books you are interested, search preferences and email/mailing address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 11:49 PM
    you guys do realize that Borders is out of business right? There will be no "benefit" from this.
    07-13-11 11:53 PM
    It looks like they're selling Kobo readers on their webstie.
    07-14-11 12:29 AM
    Actually, there is still a "brick and mortar" store near where I live, so they aren't actually out of business. They just have a lot fewer stores and are focusing on their on-line business...
    07-14-11 12:30 AM
    Sharing personal information. Hm. Glad I shop at Barnes N Nobel.
    07-14-11 01:26 AM
    Here is the email I got:

Dear Customer,

At Kobo we strive to deliver fresh, relevant eBook content and great service. We want to inform you of a change in the Privacy Policy based on a new partnership between Kobo and Borders.

As of today, Borders and Kobo have aligned to share services with each other's customers. As part of this new partnership Kobo and Borders will be sharing data in order to deliver programs that match our customers' needs.

How does this affect your account?

Your Kobo account will remain the same, along with your login and all eBook history. Through this new partnership you will have the opportunity to receive special offers, news and updates from Borders. To receive these offers you must opt-in to receive email communication from Borders.

If you do not wish to receive Borders offers, there is nothing you need to do - your account will remain the same and you'll continue to receive great service from Kobo.

This new partnership has been reflected in Kobo's Privacy Policy. You have until Sunday, July 31st to review the Privacy Policy and should you take no further action* Kobo will assume acceptance of the new Privacy Policy.

If you have any questions regarding this partnership or Borders' offer communication please click here to contact a customer service representative.

*If you do not agree with our Privacy Policy, you have the option to deactivate your Kobo account
    07-14-11 09:49 AM
    Borders owns Kobo!
    07-14-11 09:54 AM
    I'm not sure if Borders has any share in Kobo, but it is at least 58% owned by Indigo in Canada.
    07-14-11 12:03 PM
    Borders is up for sale, at the moment they had are indebted by 220 some odd million dollars. They had an offer of 215 some odd million which the investors said its not worth it and they would prefer to liquidate all the assets. At the moment theres no final word on what will happen with borders. They will most probably sell off most of their assets and I am pretty confident some big investor will purchase their online retail outlet along with online books just like what happen to circuit city. I am not sure if everyone knows what circuit city was but it was pretty much like Best Buy but were eventually to a point where they had to liquidate but they still have a website which was purchased by another party and that site still operates fully till this day.
    Summed up any online purchases will most probably stick around (no guarantees) but assuming someone will purchase that portion of the business.
    07-14-11 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD