Just wanted to update my Playbook friends that as of 914am EST, Nov. 9th, after speaking to KOBO tech support, they informed me that their website is down until further notice. Apparently, the tech's are trying to upgrade the current website to a new website, and have caused an updating/refresh issue with the KOBO app on Playbooks, etc. So, just as an fyi, do not do what I did and spend 3 hrs trying to tweak app. Not needed. Do not not, log out and in a million times, nor delete the app and reinstall and loose all your bookmarks. It's not the playbook, but poor tech work at their end.

When I asked what the ETA was for it to be back up, they told me that they do not have one. (Great Answer, Not!)

I asked if they will post status updates on their tech support area of their website? Answer: No, we will send an email out to our client base.

So, not the best news, but hopefully, I save some friends from wasting a ton of time like myself.
    Last edited by toddie; 11-09-11 at 08:22 AM.
    11-09-11 08:20 AM
    Sure makin it hard to keep the playbook around when this is a prime app I use on it. I pulled out and dusted off my sony ereader, downloaded a few book from Kobo on my pc into it and it is working just fine. If they don't keep on top of the good useful apps it will be hard to keep justifying keeping it around...
    11-10-11 12:44 AM
    that might be the reason I can't see the free books in the store anymore...
    11-10-11 11:55 AM
    steve, exactly what i did. so people saying they have no problem obviously didnt lose their library on playbook itself like some of us. kobo owes us some free books when this is over!
    11-10-11 02:37 PM
    Just wanted to update my Playbook friends that as of 914am EST, Nov. 9th, after speaking to KOBO tech support, they informed me that their website is down until further notice. Apparently, the tech's are trying to upgrade the current website to a new website, and have caused an updating/refresh issue with the KOBO app on Playbooks, etc. So, just as an fyi, do not do what I did and spend 3 hrs trying to tweak app. Not needed. Do not not, log out and in a million times, nor delete the app and reinstall and loose all your bookmarks. It's not the playbook, but poor tech work at their end.

When I asked what the ETA was for it to be back up, they told me that they do not have one. (Great Answer, Not!)

I asked if they will post status updates on their tech support area of their website? Answer: No, we will send an email out to our client base.

So, not the best news, but hopefully, I save some friends from wasting a ton of time like myself.
    KOBO on my PlayBook and BB Torch are "sort of working", but in a limited way. I had a KOBO account for some time, so I assumed I could start using the PlayBook to access the "I'm Reading" list in my library, but the PB app said I had nothing in my library. I tried all sorts of things to get it to sync or view my active books, including reinstalling the app, but nothing worked.

With a browser I signed onto my KOBO account and "deleted" all the books in "I'm Reading", meaning that they were just removed from "I'm Reading" and were all still in the "Purchased" section of my library. No change seen on the PB app.

Then, I tested the PB KOBO app by "purchasing" a free book, and it actually showed up as the only thing in my library. Also the BB Torch KOBO app and the browser interface could also see it.

If the KOBO apps on the PlayBook and Torch can see "new" free or purchased books, why couldn't either one see my previously opened books in "I'm Reading"? THAT is the problem (?) that had me so confused.

I have experience using the KOBO reader on my iPad, and it seems to be able to see previously accessed and new books in a view called "ALL CONTENT", but neither of the BB apps seem to be able to do this. Am I missing something or are these BB versions of KOBO really dumb??

btw, I have concluded that there is no way for the KOBO app on the PB or on my BB Torch to view the "Purchased" section of my library, so I can't activate previously purchased/downloaded books, but only new ones after installing the BB apps. Is this by design, or am I missing something simple?
    Last edited by Allan-Vancouver; 11-20-11 at 03:30 PM. Reason: New information
    11-19-11 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD