Is anyone else having problems with Kobo? Mine basically crashed. Most of the books in my library disappeared and the one that's left won't open at all. I noticed that when I first tried to open it last night, it started doing an update and it was down hill from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 06:22 AM
    Same here. A day ago I took advantage of their special offer due to not supporting O/S 5 and under which i don't have. I was was not able to download and the wheel in top left corner kept spinning and spinning.

I removed kobo and tried reinstalling but not only could I not get the new book but all my others are not downloading. Works fine on my phone but dead on Playbook. Well I was needing a new book so they lost out as I bought from kindle to read using thier cloud reader.

Competition is good.
    Last edited by Valzic; 11-07-11 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
    11-07-11 07:28 AM
    same problems as well ive sent several emails and posted issue on there facebook page but no response.
    11-07-11 07:31 AM
    email sent to support but no response so far
    11-07-11 07:42 AM
    Ain't Kobo said that they will not support Blackberry anymore?

11-07-11 09:21 AM
    Same problem today on my Playbook (1.0.7.3312).
    It was working on and off during the weekend.

The Kobo app on my 9800 (6.0.0.600) is still working properly.
    11-07-11 09:22 AM
    Ain't Kobo said that they will not support Blackberry anymore?

Not BlackBerry alltogether just anything older than OS6 I think.
    11-07-11 09:28 AM
    Same here. A day ago I took advantage of their special offer due to not supporting O/S 5 and under which i don't have. I was was not able to download and the wheel in top left corner kept spinning and spinning.

I removed kobo and tried reinstalling but not only could I not get the new book but all my others are not downloading. Works fine on my phone but dead on Playbook. Well I was needing a new book so they lost out as I bought from kindle to read using thier cloud reader.

Competition is good.
    Do you have Kindle on your PB? If so am assuming you have OS2 on it right?
    11-07-11 09:30 AM
    Exactly the same thing happened to me on my PB after installing the new app on my Bold. How do you get a Kindle book to read on PB using Cloud?

Adoral
    11-07-11 09:38 AM
    Exactly the same thing happened to me on my PB after installing the new app on my Bold. How do you get a Kindle book to read on PB using Cloud?

Adoral
    I was just looking at amazon.com regarding the Kindle cloud and from what I understand the PB browser is not supported. So the people who are using it are either running 2.0 on their PBs, or they're using the chrome browser on their laptops. But what do I know, am not a tech wizard by any means.
    11-07-11 09:59 AM
    Neither am I. You'd think that Kobo might say something if they know there's a problem. I'd love to read books on the PB using the eReader app I downloaded but I can't get books from Kobo that can be imported into the app.
    11-07-11 11:06 AM
    I have been having issues since Saturday night as well. It seems its in a constant state of refresh. I also sent a note to them throught he contact using the store portion of the app.
    11-07-11 11:49 AM
    I spoke to their customer service this morning about no longer being able to access content via my PlayBook and they said they are aware and working on it. They also said the resolve is taking much longer to fix than the anticipated.
    BernFlo likes this.
    11-07-11 11:52 AM
    Another active thread on this issue in the Apps forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...oblems-667181/
    11-07-11 11:53 AM
    I spoke to their customer service this morning about no longer being able to access content via my PlayBook and they said they are aware and working on it. They also said the resolve is taking much longer to fix than the anticipated.
    Good to know, thanks for the update.
    11-07-11 12:39 PM
    Try turning off the Wi-Fi before opening the app. When I do this I can get into existing books ok. Haven't tried getting a new yet.
    11-07-11 02:53 PM
    i too have been having problems all weekend, thank you for the update. i really would like to have Kindle on the PB!
    11-07-11 04:13 PM
    Try turning off the Wi-Fi before opening the app. When I do this I can get into existing books ok. Haven't tried getting a new yet.
    Just tried that and nothing. My library is completely empty, last night I still had at least one book left. It wouldn't open but it was there.
    11-07-11 04:24 PM
    Do you have Kindle on your PB? If so am assuming you have OS2 on it right?
    No I am using the Kindle Cloud reader. It works fine. (not as good as the Kobo reader) However - the cloud reader works better tahn a broken Kobo.

I just link into Amazon.com and Kindle cloud. Note... must be in portrait and "Private" browing must be off. That last one got me the first week or so I tried since it did not give error. When I first got the Playbook.. I of course played around and did settings and I turned on Private since that sounded good.
    Last edited by Valzic; 11-07-11 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Added info
    11-07-11 04:28 PM
    i have been using Kindle Cloud for about 4weeks. Contrary to what has been stated before you can access your books off line as long as you mark them for download. On line you can access all your books. This made the wait for 2.0 bearable except for the lack of Skype.
    11-07-11 04:42 PM
    i have been using Kindle Cloud for about 4weeks. Contrary to what has been stated before you can access your books off line as long as you mark them for download. On line you can access all your books. This made the wait for 2.0 bearable except for the lack of Skype.
    Where and how do I mark them for download? Just started using the cloud today cause of the Kobo problems. Thanks in advance.
    11-07-11 09:19 PM
    After you open the Cloud library and see your list of books, hold your finger down on the book you want to download. You will get a pop up box that will allow you to "download and pin". Works great.
    11-08-11 05:58 AM
    After you open the Cloud library and see your list of books, hold your finger down on the book you want to download. You will get a pop up box that will allow you to "download and pin". Works great.
    Thanks pony. I did that and now in my library the book does show that its "pinned". So here comes another dumb question: where did it download to and how do I access it off line?

11-08-11 07:11 AM
    With Cloud open, at the bottom of the screen you should see a choice of "Cloud" or "Downloaded". Just touch "Downloaded" and you should see your book.
    11-08-11 05:14 PM
    I have the same problem. I deleted and reinstalled Kobo and it is different, the interface looks different and to update you pull down - like the app NewsPile. My guess is there's a bug with the updated app. I also sent an email.

Kobo works on my BB phone, but after the recent upgrade there is no setting for font size even though they state it is in Settings - the only thing in Settings is Account Settings

FYI: today Kobo (a Canadian company) announced they were acquired buy Rakuten (a Japanese company) for $315 million
    Last edited by anthogag; 11-08-11 at 08:48 PM.
    11-08-11 06:14 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD