I am hoping that I am not the only one to crash again since getting fixed earlier in the day.

I stopped by their facebook site earlier today and it seems they are having problems across the board. People are even losing books off of their desktop applications and Kobo devices ???

Making me nervous and determined to learn how to strip DRM out of all my books. Wouldnt put them out on the web for free...people should get paid. I should also get to protect books and movies I pay for.
    11-14-11 06:12 PM
    mine started working yesterday afternoon and has been fine ever since. hope i didnt just jinx myself lol
    11-14-11 07:20 PM
    Mine hasn't worked at all.
    11-14-11 07:22 PM
    Mine just worked when I read this thread.
    11-14-11 07:40 PM
    Kobo is really dropping the ball on this...
    Mine is not and has not worked in weeks now..I can say weeks because we are now in the second week of no access.
    What does it take to get this company to listen???
    11-14-11 09:18 PM
    Actually what has happend is that China found out that a Japanese company is buying up Kobo. They never have forgiven Japan so they have launched an all out cyber attack on Kobo's servers. Its part of their evil plan to dominate the world.

Of course I could be wrong

Still it seems from the chatter on facebook and Kobo's "greater than normal call volumes"...gave up waiting ...that they are having system wide problems. Some poor girl managed to lose 125 books supposedly.

Another girl was complaining that everytime she opened Kobo...desktop I think...all her books were open and she had to close every one of them. After every sync. Bummer

Got to admit this is bugging me. Looks I am crawling back into bed with clunky laptop tonight.

Is it just me or does it seem that the better part of the corporate world is falling apart?
    wobly likes this.
    11-14-11 10:37 PM
    With all of the hassles and problems I've heard from people using Kobo; I am more inclined, and thankful, that I chose to pick up real books. That way, short of my house being on fire, I will never ever lose the book. Not to mention that it's actually mine and no one can tell me on what platform I have to use to read it.
    11-14-11 10:51 PM
    Mine has still never recovered since the 5th. No response from their customer service. Have followed all advice from the help(?) desk, to no avail. Library gone, spinning wheel is the norm. Double VISA billing for non-downloaded books. Is this not an issue??
    11-14-11 11:54 PM
    Mine just worked when I read this thread.
    Mine started working a few days ago, and as of just now, it remains ok.
    11-15-11 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD