fun free flash app that works pretty well on the playbook http://armorgames.com/play/12141/kingdom-rush

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 08:14 PM
    It's fun. Nice graphic & UI. Thanks!
    08-03-11 02:02 AM
    Cannot download swf and play offline

Edit: You CAN download the swf but it will not work offline on the PB.
    08-03-11 07:40 AM
    They need to make this game for playbook! any idea how to go about it?
    08-03-11 08:02 AM
    Wow, thanks for sharing this! This is my number one game right now to play on my Playbook, and I have a little over 100 games installed on. I mean it's on the web so no full screen, but it's still one of my favorite games to play right now for the Playbook.
    I appreciate this, and it's still giving me joy for my playbook for the best few days. I do wish this was a custom game for the playbook, but I really don't playing on the web with this game that much at all. Anyways, I highly recommend this game to anyone with a Playbook+Blackberry phone(Bridge)!

F.Y.I. The game offers; comparison graphics to other dedicated games on the Playbook, gameplays smooth (depending on wifi signal), works fine with BB Bridge, tons of activities to keep you occupied, great animation/soundtrack, etc...

P.S. Not all custom games are bad for the Playbook, I just beaten my other favorites or got to used to them...
    08-05-11 12:54 AM
    fun free flash app that works pretty well on the playbook
    Awesome, fun game. Thanks for the link!

Anyone have any idea why the flash content won't go full screen with a double tap like most flash content in web pages will? Seems strange..
    08-05-11 06:44 AM
    Awesome, fun game. Thanks for the link!

Anyone have any idea why the flash content won't go full screen with a double tap like most flash content in web pages will? Seems strange..
    Because there is code in the source that specifies no full screen.

Run it from here at it will be bigger:

http://www.armorgames.com/files/game...rush-12141.swf
    08-05-11 07:58 AM
    I was wondering if the OP, kmbauer, would mind PM me their address so I can scream at them in person for getting me addicted this game.
    08-05-11 08:52 AM
    You guys should send them a message and ask them to port it to the Playbook

IronHide Game Studio
    08-05-11 09:24 AM
    Already done
    08-05-11 10:08 AM
    You guys should send them a message and ask them to port it to the Playbook

IronHide Game Studio
    Done and done
    08-05-11 10:48 AM
    Here's the reply I got
    Hey there Serge,

We are very glad you like the game so much !!!

We have no plans to make a port for blackberry soon, but it is something we have been thinking off. Maybe after the expansion of KR we can release it as one package with some extra content.

Best,
    The Ironhide Team
    08-05-11 11:36 AM
    Here's the reply I got
    I got the same reply. I included that Zeebarf, who is pretty well known in the flash community, has already ported games over. I hope that will sway their decision alittle.
    08-05-11 11:56 AM
    You might want to specify that they don't actually have to port it.

All they really have to do is repackage it as a bar and submit to appworld.
    08-05-11 01:38 PM
    Because there is code in the source that specifies no full screen.

Run it from here at it will be bigger:

http://www.armorgames.com/files/game...rush-12141.swf
    Thanks for that. It improved the gameplay 2fold. Honestly now, I'm not really sure if I even need a dedicated app. Atleast until my BB phone dies on me.
    kritikal likes this.
    08-05-11 01:44 PM
    Hi, I'm Pablo from Ironhide Game Studio one of the developer
    We are very happy that you liked the game!! About a Playbook version, we are already consider it but we can't make a version right now we know that we need to package it only, but if we make a version for the Playbook we need to test it and be sure that the quality of the version its good and runs smooth without crashes.

If we decided to make one, it will be a full screen version and maybe we will add some levels or special content, maybe we will buy a playbook on the next days to study this more in deep.
    08-05-11 05:32 PM
    Sounds like a reasonable approach. Thanks for considering a version for the playbook.
    08-05-11 06:27 PM
    Absolutely love this game! Have been playing the last couple hours and am hooked! Would gladly pay a few bucks for it in App World.

How do I avoid having to start over again everytime I play it? I must be missing something obvious..

UPDATE: Nevermind.. DOH! I see now that since I'm consistently loading it from the same URL it now seems to be saving my progress. Sorry for the dumb question. First two times I loaded it was from a different URL so it didn't save my progress from the first time I played it.

Thanks! LOVE THIS GAME!
    Last edited by Mojoski; 08-05-11 at 10:52 PM.
    08-05-11 10:38 PM
    Awesome game....another vote for the PlayBook
    08-05-11 11:58 PM
    If we decided to make one, it will be a full screen version and maybe we will add some levels or special content, maybe we will buy a playbook on the next days to study this more in deep.
    Awesome !! I really hope that Kingdom Rush will be available for PB Looking forward for it!

Thanks for making such a great TD games!
    08-06-11 12:59 AM
    Wow, this game is really cool! Hope it is made for the Playbook, as I would definitely pay for it. There really aren't any games like this available on the PB right now, so I would think it would sell pretty well...
    08-06-11 08:52 AM
    Wow, this game is really cool! Hope it is made for the Playbook, as I would definitely pay for it. There really aren't any games like this available on the PB right now, so I would think it would sell pretty well...
    There are some other tower defense games, but none are near as polished or fun to play as Kingdom Rush. No insult intended to the other makers of the tower defense games, but Kingdom Rush is just a really great game in my opinion.
    08-06-11 11:39 AM
    Hi, I'm Pablo from Ironhide Game Studio one of the developer
    We are very happy that you liked the game!! About a Playbook version, we are already consider it but we can't make a version right now we know that we need to package it only, but if we make a version for the Playbook we need to test it and be sure that the quality of the version its good and runs smooth without crashes.

Well if you need any feedback we make great testers around here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AutoPilot2020 and Ayo312 like this.
    08-06-11 02:35 PM
    Just finished this fantastic game. I hope the developers make a version to take advantage of the widescreen for the playbook. This is already the best game on the playbook, in my opinion, and can only get better by optimizing it.
    08-09-11 10:51 AM
    This is a huge step up for tower defense. Very impressive. Only thing that's screwing me up is the one boss. He freezes your towers and you have to rapidly click them to unfreeze them. Only problem is after they are usable, the menu opens and closes about a dozen times, almost as if its "catching up" from all the clicks.

Anyone else have this?
    08-10-11 04:08 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD