Another new game here by 10tons.
    Oddball (currently available on iOS) is coming to Playbook.

Here's some screenshots:

LimeTripBlog likes this.
    10-25-12 07:24 AM
    Until they are in app world its all vaporware. these games look great, but its just a tease. you posted a few games coming out. whats the timeframe?
    10-25-12 07:44 AM
    Can't be vaporware because I have the .BAR.
    Timeframe is whenever developer feels it's good enough to release.
    dragonx6 likes this.
    10-25-12 07:46 AM
    I would volunteer to be a beta tester for all these games if they would take me .. But they seem only interested in xsacha.. But I guess it is pretty obvious.. xsacha does have a great reputation in PlayBook Land..
    10-25-12 08:37 AM
    I would volunteer to be a beta tester for all these games if they would take me .. But they seem only interested in xsacha.. But I guess it is pretty obvious.. xsacha does have a great reputation in PlayBook Land..
    From what he's said in the past, I don't think xsacha is a beta tester, I believe he has another source for the BARs (i.e. not receiving them officially from the developers).
    10-25-12 10:38 AM
    From what he's said in the past, I don't think xsacha is a beta tester, I believe he has another source for the BARs (i.e. not receiving them officially from the developers).
    Either way pretty sure noone is going to send me bar files even if I paid them :P
    10-25-12 11:04 AM
    Quite complaining guys. Its good to see what's in store for us soon.
    Looking forward to these new titles.
    10-25-12 01:29 PM
    Quite complaining guys. Its good to see what's in store for us soon.
    Looking forward to these new titles.
    No one was complaining.
    10-25-12 02:06 PM
    Yeah, RIMs AppWorld has no security and hasn't had any for the past 5 years. All their apps are free, before they are even released. I've complained about it in the past but they won't do anything about it. I suppose every other platform does the same thing.
    10-25-12 07:01 PM
    don't you wish we all knew what xsacha knew!
    10-25-12 07:23 PM
    Yeah, RIMs AppWorld has no security and hasn't had any for the past 5 years. All their apps are free, before they are even released. I've complained about it in the past but they won't do anything about it. I suppose every other platform does the same thing.
    Wait, you're getting these BARs from RIM's servers? Interesting. Also somewhat shocking that they haven't done anything about it...

EDIT: Since reading your post, I have been fiddling with things. I have managed to view some stuff on my computer by editting the HTTP headers. It was surprisingly easy to get access to the XML files for lists of apps (top free, top paid, top rated etc.) and also for actual apps, although I am yet to figure out how to download a BAR (for educational purposes only, of course; I am strictly opposed to piracy, and will only try it with free apps to see if I can figure it out), or how you find the unreleased apps. Naturally I won't be posting any details if I do manage to figure anything out, seeing as that would lead to more piracy, which I don't want.
    Last edited by SifJar; 10-26-12 at 10:34 AM.
    10-26-12 07:35 AM
    All major stores suffer from this issue. It will be nice if somebody share the super-ultra secret access url :P maybe then RIM will decide to fix this issue
    10-26-12 03:36 PM
    I would imagine blocked sideloading could stop this or limit this type of app leakage. Surprisingly, developers wanted sideloading available so development and testing would be easier for them.
    10-26-12 06:38 PM
    xsacha, does the app world backend server provides bar packages as bar file or raw file ?
    10-27-12 05:34 AM
    xsacha, does the app world backend server provides bar packages as bar file or raw file ?
    They are BARs. (They are actually provided with no extension, but they are BAR files. Some browsers give them the extension ZIP, because that's what a BAR is)
    I would imagine blocked sideloading could stop this or limit this type of app leakage. Surprisingly, developers wanted sideloading available so development and testing would be easier for them.
    Blocking sideloading wouldn't stop the apps "leaking", it would only stop them being installed once they had. But that's besides the point: sideloading is necessary for developers for testing. Yes, they can do it with debug tokens. But testing purely with debug tokens and not testing with retail keys can lead to issues like those 9mm HD had at launch, where it tried to save the game in a folder it didn't have access to or something like that (a folder which it did have access to with the debug token, but not with retail keys).

The sensible thing for RIM to do would be prevent this on App World's servers. I'm not completely sure how they'd go about it, but presumably adding some encryption to the process would be a good start. xsacha probably knows more about that.
    10-27-12 06:40 AM
    Anyway, app world servers use encryption but it's somehow easy to break. Just for info - microsoft wp 7/8 appstore also has this "issue" since the beginning and allows easy download of all apps, paid, free, subscription etc.
    10-27-12 06:52 AM
    There's no encryption.
    Microsoft has this issue but you have to patch WP7/WP8 apps to make them usable/side-loadable.
    10-27-12 10:56 PM
    Just picked this one up, and gave it a quick once over. I hate Angry Birds with a passion, and this is a little like Angry Birds, which is what I was expecting. But it's 10Tons, so I couldn't resist. So far, what I disliked about Angry Birds isn't present in this game, which is the demanding level completion perfection, and what feel like the weakest and most impotent birds the galaxy could spew from its wormhole.

Yay for boulders and exploding tanks!
    11-14-12 03:51 PM
    Yay its in appworld
    11-14-12 11:14 PM