Anyone having issues with getting the Kindle cloud reader to work now with the new update?

I log in and my books show up but when I try to open one I get an error message. It was quirky but it worked before the update.

Any suggestions?
    02-21-12 04:20 PM
    Works fine for me bud, try reloading it.
    02-21-12 04:36 PM
    It has stopped working for me as well, get an error message each time I try to open a book, whether it has been pinned or not. Try sideloading the Android app imstead. It is working just fine for me and even includes a dictionary...touch and hold a word to make the definition from New Oxford American Dictionary pop up. Ahh how I love Kindle app, no ereader compares
    02-21-12 04:40 PM
    i am having the same issue (error code when trying to bring up a book)

im confused
    02-21-12 06:11 PM
    Uh oh I hope this isn't an issue for me. I have yet to update due to wifi problems. I see the term "sideloading" in reference to apps thrown around quite a bit here, but I'm not sure exactly what that means. Anyone care to clue me in? Thanks!!
    02-21-12 06:31 PM
    Okay. Looks like something is broken.

I've got to investigate how to sideload an app.
    02-21-12 06:54 PM
    i also will have to read up on sideloading. i cant for the life of me get any books to open..
    02-21-12 06:57 PM
    Here...this is how I got Kindle sideloaded. I didnt have to download Java Runtime Environment because it was already installed on my laptop. Hope this helps!

I've just followed these directions for sideloading Bar files here, and my Kindle app seems to be working.

http://crackberry.com/how-sideload-a...age=1#comments

I got my Kindle bar along with others from flier79's generous posting of his/her favorite converted bar apps here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...24/index2.html
    02-21-12 07:12 PM
    Kindle working great, wish Amazon would keep their word.
    02-21-12 07:15 PM
    Yeah, the cloud reader stopped working for me in .7111. The side loaded android kindle works near-flawlessly. Only issue is text size. but meh to that. Its just fine the way it defaults to.
    02-21-12 09:15 PM
    OK, took about 25m but I got the Kindle app sideloaded onto my PB and I even did it on a Mac.

If I can do it then anyone can. And it's worth it forsure.

Now I can be happy again.
    02-21-12 09:25 PM
    but how do i get kindle to read the book i have on my device?
    02-21-12 09:53 PM
    If it was in the cloud reader, it never was on your device.
    02-21-12 10:00 PM
    Kindle only reads Kindle DRM books bought on Amazon.

If you downloaded a book off a torrent site or from the library or another way that wasn't through Amazon Kindle you can't use the Kindle app to read it.

You'll have to DL a generic book reading app. for that. Check app world they have one for .99.
    02-22-12 06:38 AM
    Kindle only reads Kindle DRM books bought on Amazon.

If you downloaded a book off a torrent site or from the library or another way that wasn't through Amazon Kindle you can't use the Kindle app to read it.

You'll have to DL a generic book reading app. for that. Check app world they have one for .99.
    not true. the kindle app will read any mobi file. Just place it in the kindle folder.
    yanicmb likes this.
    02-22-12 08:04 AM
    CLoud Reader stopped working for me on 2.0, I noticed last night. I had the Android app sideloaded in no time, and it's terrific. In fact, even if your Cloud Reader is still working, I wouldn't waste time with it any more -- it's worth it to sideload the app.
    02-22-12 08:54 AM
    UGH! I got the Kindle app sideloaded and it opens fine...but where are all my books? I deregistered it and registered again to be sure it is on the right account. I checked the cloud reader on my computer...all the books are there. Why don't they appear in the app?

I was okay with the cloud reader until I had the same problem of books not opening after the update. help!

UPDATE: Deleted app...downloaded and installed a bar of what appears to be a newer version of the app...all the books are there. Hallelujah!
    Last edited by starburst15; 02-24-12 at 03:59 AM. Reason: fixed problem
    02-24-12 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD