Does anyone know if / when the android come live if a Kindle reader will be available ?
    i want some ebooks for holiday i have some previews in Kobo & really like it but would rarther buy from amazon
    10-10-11 04:16 AM
    i guess the android kindle app may work when the android player comes i believe some people used to use it when the last android player was leaked/released. I do remember a thread a month or so back stating there will be no kindle app for the playbook natively though so we will have to hope for the android player way
    10-10-11 04:47 AM
    RIM's Playbook Project Manager hinted on the beta zone that the Android Kindle App would work. He also said that the is not aware of any Playbook specific Kindle App.
    10-10-11 06:26 AM
    Amazon has consistently said that a Kindle app is coming (When I've written or called and asked), but they have avoided saying whether it would be a native app or just the Android one. The Android app on the leaked player worked fairly well, although the ability to choose larger font sizes was limited. My guess is that we'll get a modified Android app, not a native app, when Android finally arrives. But it's just a guess.
    10-10-11 07:49 AM
    Does anyone know if / when the android come live if a Kindle reader will be available ?
    i want some ebooks for holiday i have some previews in Kobo & really like it but would rarther buy from amazon
    have you tried the Amazon Cloud Reader? https://read.amazon.com/

Access it from your PB browser. Works best in portrait mode. I use it all of the time, don't need a separate app. I put a shortcut to it on my media tab, takes me right to it.
    10-10-11 07:55 AM

Access it from your PB browser. Works best in portrait mode. I use it all of the time, don't need a separate app. I put a shortcut to it on my media tab, takes me right to it.
    The drawback is that the Cloud Reader doesn't work offline; it was created not because it offers a great experience, but because it is a method around Apple's in-app purchasing rules.
    10-10-11 08:26 AM

That is not a real replacement to having an app. It has been discussed many times on this forums in many topics that it is inadequate at the moment and mostly everyone would rather have an app instead.
    10-10-11 08:29 AM
    so we all need to go get us a ipad 2
    10-10-11 09:25 AM
    If no Kindle app comes, can RIM bridge the Kindle app so we can use the one from our phones?
    10-11-11 08:58 AM
    It is unlikely that a native Amazon Kindle (branded) reader will be included in the RIM PB (branded) product (OS2?) since these two are tablet competitors. Other 'app' reader possibilities, as stated above, are possible.
    Last edited by mandony; 10-11-11 at 09:06 AM.
    10-11-11 09:04 AM
    If no Kindle app comes, can RIM bridge the Kindle app so we can use the one from our phones?
    You can use the Cloud Reader from the PB browser when Bridged. The shortcomings of the Cloud Reader -- no highlighting, no annotation, no text search, etc. -- are also the shortcomings of the BB Kindle app, unfortunately.
    10-11-11 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD