Hey All,

As I start this thread I've had my PlayBook for 9 days and already downloaded 100 apps and games. It's such an easy and quick install process on the PlayBook that I'm sure I'm going to download and try just about everything.

So in that vein, I figured I would start up this thread as an ongoing list of the best of the best apps and games I come across for the BlackBerry PlayBook. These are the ones that once installed, I won't be uninstalling anytime soon.

Hope you enjoy!

Kevin

Last Updated: June 21, 2011

Best BlackBerry PlayBook Apps
    - ArtGO Coloring for BlackBerry PlayBook - fun little coloring book app for the kids/nieces/nephews.
    - Poynt for BlackBerry PlayBook - good on BB phones, will be good on the PlayBook (GPS not seeming to work just yet).
    - QR Scanner - free...A simple QR code scanner that uses the camera as sensor.
    - Gee Cards - free...Personalized cards, designed on your PlayBook, to send via email.
    - TouchUp Pro - free trial available...Photo editor - crop, rotate, filters, etc.
    - MyBestShot - free trial available...take multiple photos in quick succession
    - Scroodle - free...interactive drawing application including two chalk board designs and a white board.
    - InstaPhoto -create amazing effects to share with all your friends via Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr!
    - Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook -The sleekest, sexiest, most feature packed Twitter app for the PlayBook! You need this one.

Best BlackBerry PlayBook Games
    - Aqualux - really well executed and fun puzzle game. addicting!
    - Best Tic Tac Toe HD - every touchscreen device needs tic tac toe
    - PaperPlane - fun little time waster... tossing paper planes around
    - Doodle Blast - fun and free... draw lines to make the marbles fall in the bucket.
    - Assembler Mobile 2 HD - free... a fun puzzle challenge. Use's PlayBook's accelerometer too.
    - People on My Lawn - free.. kind of tricky to grasp at first, but once you figure it out it gets addictive.
    - Sundrops - Caribbean pearl-collecting physics fun!
    - Dillo Hills - See how far you can make it across the hills! (Similar to Tiny Wings on a different platform)
    - PopcornRush - free.. Swipe your finger over the hot kernals to pop them into popcorn! (similar to Fruit Ninja!)
    04-17-11 08:32 AM
    Thanks Kevin! Can't wait till Tuesday!!!
    galpdawg likes this.
    04-17-11 09:37 AM
    Can you make a free app section, and paid apps? Thanks!
    04-17-11 09:38 AM
    Very convenient for when we get our PB's! From all the videos, and how close it is to coming out, I just can't wait for it! Every time I see a picture of it, it makes me want it more because of how long the wait has been!!
    04-17-11 11:21 AM
    If you purchased an app for your BB will you be able to installed it on the PB? If not would you be able to use it while bridged?
    04-17-11 12:22 PM
    I've stickied this thread, BUT lets expand it a bit and have others list and provide info about THEIR favorite PB apps too!
    04-17-11 04:19 PM
    If you purchased an app for your BB will you be able to installed it on the PB? If not would you be able to use it while bridged?
    good question. i wonder if i will need to purchase a playbook version of mlb at bat 11 or if i can use the same app. would suck having to pay another 14.99
    04-17-11 06:52 PM
    good question. i wonder if i will need to purchase a playbook version of mlb at bat 11 or if i can use the same app. would suck having to pay another 14.99
    My guess is you will have to buy it again. I have the IPad version of this app and still had to purchase the IPhone version.
    gold-dot likes this.
    04-17-11 11:30 PM
    My guess is you will have to buy it again. I have the IPad version of this app and still had to purchase the IPhone version.
    *IF* the app is available for the Playbook what would happen when you login to App World with your current ID? Wouldn't the apps you already have show up? Couldn't you re-install them on the Playbook?
    04-18-11 07:19 AM
    What do you think about the game: Steep Dive: Airmail for BlackBerry Playbook?

Can you make a free app section, and paid apps? Thanks!
    +1! Thanks, Kevin.
    04-19-11 06:37 AM
    *IF* the app is available for the Playbook what would happen when you login to App World with your current ID? Wouldn't the apps you already have show up? Couldn't you re-install them on the Playbook?
    But the apps are different. While it may be the same app name, the app itself is a different version. So if you bought the mobile phone version, there would be a different version for the playbook as the SDK's are different for the different platforms.

Maybe the company could do something different so you don't have to buy both, but we had to recreate our phone platform apps for the tablet platform.
    04-19-11 06:51 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded all the free games tonight. They were very good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 09:08 PM
    Any way to get Torch Apps onto my Playbook?
    04-20-11 07:18 AM
    What do you think about the game: Steep Dive: Airmail for BlackBerry Playbook?

+1! Thanks, Kevin.
    Is that you're game? I'll review if its free *saids wishfully*
    04-20-11 11:35 AM
    A couple of months ago there was discussion about a Kindle reading app to be ready by the PB release date. Any idea where it can be found? I sure would like to get it.
    magellat and sbgv like this.
    04-20-11 08:09 PM
    Doodleblast has me hooked right now, free in app world
    04-21-11 01:55 PM
    Bump. Added a couple more to the list.

Some of these games are pretty addicting. I feel like I'm getting smarter thanks to the PlayBook and all these puzzle games.
    04-21-11 01:55 PM
    ha, either i didn't see that one in the list or you snook it in at the same time I posted
    04-21-11 01:57 PM
    Think I had Doodleblast up there already, but it's all good. Definitely fun
    04-21-11 02:13 PM
    Rocket Storm is a blast!! (pun intended haha) The problem I have with it is when you get to the next round it starts the wave while the wave counter is displayed over your base.
    04-21-11 03:08 PM
    I haven't gotten my PlayBook yet; has anyone tried any of these apps (mostly games) and are they good? I've tried a few online or seen them posted here so I'll make comments on those:

EDIT: Oh, and all of them are free.

People On My Lawn! (Played and saw here; fun game but tricky)
    Deep Sea Dive
    The Visitor
    Zee and the Alien Machine
    pong4p
    Gravitee Wars (Played through the entire flash version, really fun!)
    Crazy Gems 2
    Fat Pig
    Bubble Birds HD
    Doodle Blast (Saw here; fun)
    Frantic Picnic
    Kick Brick
    Polar Slide
    Elastik Blocks
    The Core
    Energize
    Rebound
    RuniK
    RoboFlu
    Stop the Invasion
    Protect the Cheese
    tricharge
    Memoria
    Assembler Mobile 2 HD (Saw here; fun)

Tweedless (Saw here; for the power user)
    News360
    04-21-11 03:51 PM
    Have any of you tried Neon Bounce yet? Still looking for more feedback.
    04-21-11 03:57 PM
    Man, Need for Speed is an awesome game for the Playbook. How come no reviewers have pointed this out? The playbook is a perfect size for that kind of action game.

I am not a gamer, but this game rocks. Please develop more EA!!
    rscope likes this.
    04-22-11 11:51 AM
    I'm a moron. How the heck do you draw walls in Doodle Blast? I've tried dragging my finger along the screen, sliding two fingers apart - nothing. I'm not impressed by the tutorial.
    04-22-11 02:51 PM
    lcooksey, you just drag your finger along. are you sure your touchscreen works ?
    04-23-11 03:33 AM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD