Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread from Blty, but I already ported over a native version of KeePass for BlackBerry 10 last weekend and I'm in the process of getting it approved on BlackBerry App World.

It only has read-only access for 1.x databases currently (as that was what I needed). The code will be posted on github as soon as the approval process is finished. Not sure what all the legal talk is about, but I'm sure they'll let me know if there's a problem.
    Last edited by denuo; 04-30-13 at 02:22 PM.
    michote likes this.
    04-30-13 01:47 PM
    Hi Denuo, are you planning on improving the app beyond the current state? Like adding 2.0 support and write access? I would certainly pay for that...

I am currently using KPD without any issue but I'll always support native development over android ports..

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 04:07 PM
    I do plan to add edit and 2.0 support eventually, but I probably won't charge for it. The code is also now available on github for anyone that wants to contribute and expand it. (Also, theres bar files in there if you want to sideload it for now, app world approval is taking a while.)

github: https://github.com/dansamargiu/KeePassForBlackBerry
    bar path is "arm/o.le-v7/KeePassForBlackBerry-1_0_5_1.bar"
    Last edited by denuo; 05-01-13 at 12:33 PM.
    Herve5 and highos like this.
    05-01-13 09:53 AM
    (Also, theres bar files in there if you want to sideload it for now, app world approval is taking a while.)

github: https://github.com/dansamargiu/KeePassForBlackBerry
    bar path is "arm/o.le-v7/KeePassForBlackBerry-1_0_5_1.bar"
    Looking forward to use this app as I still use kp1.* files.
    Tried to sideloaded it ( DFB and deploy script from webworks-SDK on Linux) but I only get the Black BlackBerry splash screen...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:44 AM
    Looking forward to use this app as I still use kp1.* files.
    Tried to sideloaded it ( DFB and deploy script from webworks-SDK on Linux) but I only get the Black BlackBerry splash screen...

Posted via CB10
    You may need to update your OS to 10.1 or higher. In any case, the app was just accepted and should show up on the store soon.
    05-02-13 08:49 AM
    So it's 10.1 only? Than I'll have to wait until 10.1 is released for the Z10...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:07 AM
    @denuo Thanks for bringing KeePass to BB10 :-)

Anyone who is using KeePass 2, here is a workaround to use it with KeePass for BlackBerry:

In KeePass you can create a trigger to automatically export to a v1 file whenever you save the database (Trigger Examples - KeePass).

I have my v2 file on DropBox and whenever I make any changes, KeePass will now create/update an identical v1 file at the same spot that I can open and view with KeePass for BlackBerry.
    highos and Herve5 like this.
    05-04-13 02:40 PM
    Hi denuo,

No problem you put this message into this thread, great to hear you got it approved.
    As per kdbx (v2) support is concerned, I already got it running as I told before (by using parts of the latest KeePassX rev).
    But I'm sure you also get it running, if you want. If you are interested in having a look into my code or using parts of it, don't hesitate and contact me.

Cheers,

Blty
    05-06-13 04:11 PM
    Just notice a new Keepass app in app world, it's $1.99 but as it offered Dropbox integration I decided to give it a try.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/131133

It is still an android port but it is the best Android app I've used, by far the bast Keepass solution to date. It's fast unlike most android ports, supports read/write of 1.0 & 2.0 files, fully integrated with the OS file manager as you can open files directly from Dropbox and Box which for me solved the problem of having to manually copy from dropbox, the developer included buttons everywhere so you can hide the android bar and fully use the app without having to bring the bar up. In general I'm very pleased, kudos to the developer...

BTW, if you have KPD + IO Files installed delete them first as otherwise the installation will fail, took me a while to figure it out...

Posted via CB10
    Graheem and flyingsolid like this.
    05-07-13 10:35 PM
    This looks good. May go for it. Deb should try making native.
    05-08-13 12:31 AM
    Thank you for the nice review, Lumute! I am happy that my KeePass adaptation effort was not wasted.
    I will add a note about KPD + OI Files in the application description. Should there be any other issues with the app, please let me know.
    Lumute and Herve5 like this.
    05-08-13 05:25 AM
    Hello
    Im new to keepass and have just installed in a pc and now would like to install it in my bold 9900 I have tried to download the version from keepass website but the link is down so I would like some help
    1. What version is the latest for keepass for blackberry , I'm currently using version 2 for my pc
    2. Have there been any user for the 9900 that have been sucesfully to sync database
    05-12-13 10:58 PM
    I've just purchased from appworld for my Q10 and cant seem to make it work. Anyone have a link? or tutorial?
    05-13-13 11:41 PM
    I've just purchased from appworld for my Q10 and cant seem to make it work. Anyone have a link? or tutorial?
    There are several different apps discussed in the topic. Which one are you talking about?
    Probably, the most efficient approach would be to contact the developer directly ("Contact Developer" menu in BlackBerry World) and provide more details about "cant seem to make it work", if possible.
    05-14-13 02:02 AM
    This is a Playbook app forum. You may have better luck in a Q10 forum. Also give the name a version of the app you are using.
    05-14-13 12:07 PM
    Thank you for the nice review, Lumute! I am happy that my KeePass adaptation effort was not wasted.
    I will add a note about KPD + OI Files in the application description. Should there be any other issues with the app, please let me know.
    Awesome, I have been using it daily and so far it has worked very well for me!

I have always preferred Native, but to be honest I'm so happy with your app that I don't think it is really necessary...

I think I copied my review on BlackBerry World but is not showing, i'll try putting it submitting it again...

Posted via CB10
    Graheem likes this.
    05-15-13 08:26 PM
    Thanks to @Lumute for posting about this. I decided to buy and try. Just downloaded it and it does indeed look really good. As @Lumute says, best looking on so far on BB10. Thanks @anmipo for producing this one.

I haven't really used it too much yet and notice write mode warns that it's 'experimental' at this time. Hopefully you can get this developed solidly (not that I have tried it yet).

This version is so much easier to read and look at than all the others. Some (KPD) had such small print! Maybe you can add adjustable font size but the way it is now is good for my aging, declining eye sight.

Also, in your instructions, you might want to make clear to open Dropbox via the native File Manager as the Connect to Dropbox isn't and option (though my sideloaded Dropbox was). Once I got that sorted all was good.

I love KeePass, so much better than Password Keeper.

Good job Andrei!
    05-16-13 03:51 PM
    Thank you for the feedback, Graheem and Lumute!

I think I copied my review on BlackBerry World but is not showing, i'll try putting it submitting it again...
    Thank you, I appreciate it! Your review shows in the developer's console, but BB keeps denying to publish it without any explanations. This is rather confusing...

Update: It just have been denied for the fourth time. It seems to be automatically blacklisted because of the typo in "the bast Keepass solution"...

Update2: I renamed my app to KeePassBerry to avoid confusion with denuo's app.
    Last edited by anmipo; 05-23-13 at 04:49 AM.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    05-19-13 02:17 PM
    I'm currently using KPD+IO on my playbook, but I plan to buy a Z10 or Q10 (still torn between the large screen and the keyboard.)

Does KeePassBerry work on both phones, or only the Z10, and on the Z10 is it limited to landscape like the screen shots, or does it support portrait mode?
    Last edited by ltlowe; 05-23-13 at 10:38 PM.
    05-23-13 07:08 PM
    Update: It just have been denied for the fourth time. It seems to be automatically blacklisted because of the typo in "the bast Keepass solution"...
    Lol, sorry about that...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:27 PM
    @ltlowe : anmipo's $1.99 works great on both BB10 & PlayBook, in either horizontal & vertical. It is also the best looking and easiest to use.
    05-24-13 12:12 AM
    Hmmm, BlackBerry just renamed the app since KeePassBerry apparently offends their branding guidelines. I will appreciate any ideas for a suitable app name...
    05-24-13 06:13 AM
    That's funny, it keeps telling me there is an upgrade available to 1.0.124.1 but keeps saying I have 1.0.124.0 even after upgrading, must be related to the rename, anyway, the app works just fine...

Maybe something like "KeePass Plus"?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:31 PM
    I bought and installed KeePass for my wife's Z10, and it is awesome. The fact that it isn't read-only and it supports 2.x databases is fantastic. I hope that it can be made natively though (or made to look more like cascades). There is a native KeePass for BlackBerry app that looks great in the screenshots, but it is read-only and supports only 1.x databases. I have existing KeePass apps on my PB that are also that way, but after setting up my wife and having that ability to make changes and add new entries right from the phone and have it sync to DropBox, I can't miss that when I get my Z10.

In fact, I will probably go ahead and buy anmipo's KeePass for my PB right now. I currently have KPD and KiPas (which was pulled from BB World by the developer because he doesn't want to update it and the search functionality broke with PB OS 2.1).
    05-29-13 10:38 AM
    @denuo finally at 10.1 now. I really like youre native app. simple, fast and efficient. Works fine with Dropbox. Group support would be nice, though. Thanks for this.
    06-01-13 01:26 AM
138 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD