@RamenBooko, nice to hear you liked or Desktop-testing version :-)

@Anguish, Thanks for your suggestions, my priority on the roadmap is to polish the DB edit and create features for KeePass 1.xx series, once this is done, I'll get to work on 2.0 support, I'll do my best not to let you wait too long...

For everybody looking at features not present yet in the current release, my advice would be to wait for the feature you really miss to be added before you get the app, it is what I do all the time :-)
    And in any case, try the Desktop version on your windows or mac box and make sure it fits your needs :-)
    12-06-11 03:37 PM
    Somebody pointed to me that Kipass is a brand by Kawasaki (stands for Kawasaki's Intelligent Proximity Activation Start System), I don't want my password lock to get in the path of a motorbike, so I'm last-minute renaming KiPass to KiPas, with a single s, a kipas is also a fan in malay-indonesian languages, that's very fine for me :-)

I just want to avoid getting in troubles with bikers :-)

There will be a bit of confusion as this first version will still have a few kipass's in it, but it will be fixed in the next release :-)
    12-06-11 04:10 PM
    12-07-11 02:29 PM
    purchased

now, it doesnt work.... when i click open the app freeze for a few then unfreeze but no error message
    12-07-11 04:45 PM
    Hi @lpchouinard

thanks for purchasing KiPas,
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues, I've sent you a mail with some questions to help understanding what went wrong.

For everybody, I'll always prefer to handle support cases by mail [email protected] It is more practical than a forum thread which might get hard to follow if several people post concurrent replies :-) Thanks

basic informations to send along with a support case are:

- what version of Playbook OS are you using? see it in the PB menu under "Software updates" Is it rooted? :-)
    - What version is your KeePass .kdb database file? (don't forget KiPas only supports 1.xx) If you don't know exactly, try to provide some hints like where the file comes from, what software/version of soft/OS you used to create the DB, which software you last edited it with (eg KeePass 1.18 on Windows, or KeePassDroid on Android)?
    - what is your KeePass database locking mechanism? password, keyfile, or both?
    - what encryption method your KeePass DB uses? Rijndael or Twofish (default is Rijndael, kiPas doesn't support TwoFish)

bug reports are taken very seriously :-)

Thanks!
    12-07-11 05:45 PM
    I purchased it this morning and using the DB I sync'ed via Bluebox/Dropbox it works great!!

I'm using the latest official playbook OS (1.0.8.6067)

Thanks Smugrik....
    Smugrik likes this.
    12-09-11 09:48 AM
    I just bought it after confirming that my databases are based on Rijndael.

Another happy customer. Thank you!
    Smugrik likes this.
    12-11-11 05:11 PM
    Thanks for your efforts Smugrik.
    Unfortunately My Desktop, Portable and Blackberry Keepass are all version 2.
    Smugrik likes this.
    12-12-11 10:08 PM
    After last update, it work with my DB

Thanks for your hard work Smugrik
    12-16-11 11:16 AM
    I'm chiming in here to say thank you and congrats for the first release. I did purchase the kiPas app and I used KeePass 2.0 on my PC to export to a 1.x DB. It works pretty good but I wish that I didn't have to take the extra step to export. In due time, huh? I hope that ppl don't lose interest in this...

BTW, I use the 2.0 version of KeePass on my Pearl 9100 too...
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 01-16-12 at 04:27 AM.
    Smugrik likes this.
    01-16-12 04:14 AM
    Hi Smugrik!

Just wanted to drop you a note here (and bump this thread for those that might find this app quite useful)! that I am one of those people that is waiting for the 2.0 database support! If and/or When this App support it-I will purchase it right away, even with the current limitations of only being able to view entries in the database-I can already do any edits on my computers or BlackBerry if it's required, but just having this available on my PB would be so handy in many situations.

Thanks! Just figured this may give you a bit more motivation-so keep working at it!
    Smugrik likes this.
    01-25-12 06:44 AM
    After last update, it work with my DB

Thanks for your hard work Smugrik
    Now with 1.1.2, my database open instantly! SCHWEEET!
    Smugrik likes this.
    02-28-12 02:44 PM
    Hi Smugrik,
    I am trying to purchase your kiPas app from French BB app world but can't find it there. So I looked on the web version (Buy kiPas - Download kiPas - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World) and see that all countries are supported except France. Why is that so? Could you release to the french market?

I am rather new to the playbook, so not sure if and how I could change my store from french to english, but as it is now it seems I cannot buy your promising app.
    03-03-12 11:32 AM
    To everyone who is asking for a app that supports KeePass, checkout our app Vault for PlayBook here: Buy Vault - Password Manager for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Vault - Password Manager for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World.

We not only have the ability to import KeePass files but also have Drop integration which allows to backup your DB in a encrypted format to DropBox and restore it back. You can check all the features that are available in Vault in the link above but here are the important ones:

• User-enabled Auto Destruct feature which wipes out your data after 5 invalid login attempts.
    • User-enabled Auto Logout feature automatically logs off the application when idle.
    • Password Generator tool to create strong hack-proof passwords.
    • Password Strength Indicator.
    • Copy to clipboard functionality for each field and clear clipboard feature to erase the data after using.
    • URLs can be launched from the app in your browser with just one tap.
    • Inbuilt search to find a record quickly by searching in title, URL, account or username.
    • Ability to add your own custom categories
    • Backup your Vault data using your Dropbox account
    • Restore your data from Dropbox in case of a device failure or Auto Destruct
    • Import data from your KeePass XML Files

The current version on App World only supports v1.0 XML's but we have already released an update that will be available on Monday or Tuesday and with that version, both 1.0 and 2.x versions of KeePass will be supported.
    03-03-12 11:51 AM
    Can't wait for supporting V2 Database with this app.

Id buy it right away if it did support v2 dbs.
    03-04-12 02:29 PM
    It's a bit of a pain to have to export to a 1.x db from KeePass 2.x but I'll put up with it for the time being.

Now that OS 2 is out, how about incorporating the use of the special password enabled keyboard into the next revision?
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 03-05-12 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    03-05-12 12:05 AM
    Hi Smugrik,
    I am trying to purchase your kiPas app from French BB app world but can't find it there. So I looked on the web version (Buy kiPas - Download kiPas - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World) and see that all countries are supported except France. Why is that so? Could you release to the french market?

I am rather new to the playbook, so not sure if and how I could change my store from french to english, but as it is now it seems I cannot buy your promising app.
    Hi Barlub,

The reason KiPas is not available in France is...
    KiPas is being developed in France, and published from France.
    It has to do with cryptographic technologies import/export rules, I can't explain the reasons behind this here , and I'm not even sure I really understand them myself... But I'm working on the issue, hopefully we'll get the green light someday.

The PlayBook being a WIFI device, if you ever plan a trip abroad, take the PlayBook with you, and you should be able to download KiPas from there.

Patience... Smugrik
    03-05-12 01:23 AM
    how about incorporating the use of the special password enabled keyboard into the next revision?
    That's the plan ;-)
    03-05-12 01:27 AM
    Hi Barlub,

The reason KiPas is not available in France is...
    KiPas is being developed in France, and published from France.
    It has to do with cryptographic technologies import/export rules, I can't explain the reasons behind this here , and I'm not even sure I really understand them myself... But I'm working on the issue, hopefully we'll get the green light someday.

The PlayBook being a WIFI device, if you ever plan a trip abroad, take the PlayBook with you, and you should be able to download KiPas from there.

Patience... Smugrik
    Thanks Smugrik.

I was aware of the cryptographic restrictions in France back in the 80's/90's. I believe however that those restrictions have been ended in 1999 (RSA Laboratories - 6.5.1 What are the cryptographic policies of some countries?). It is worth checking anyway...
    03-05-12 01:58 AM
    I recently purchased the VAULT. Easy to use once you figure out how to open it. I am very impressed. I travel a lot and it is good to know this data is easily accessible yet very secure. Excellent purchase. Excellent APP.
    03-25-12 09:49 AM
    To everyone who is asking for a app that supports KeePass, checkout our app Vault for PlayBook here: Buy Vault - Password Manager for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Vault - Password Manager for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World.

We not only have the ability to import KeePass files but also have Drop integration which allows to backup your DB in a encrypted format to DropBox and restore it back. You can check all the features that are available in Vault in the link above but here are the important ones:

• User-enabled Auto Destruct feature which wipes out your data after 5 invalid login attempts.
    • User-enabled Auto Logout feature automatically logs off the application when idle.
    • Password Generator tool to create strong hack-proof passwords.
    • Password Strength Indicator.
    • Copy to clipboard functionality for each field and clear clipboard feature to erase the data after using.
    • URLs can be launched from the app in your browser with just one tap.
    • Inbuilt search to find a record quickly by searching in title, URL, account or username.
    • Ability to add your own custom categories
    • Backup your Vault data using your Dropbox account
    • Restore your data from Dropbox in case of a device failure or Auto Destruct
    • Import data from your KeePass XML Files

The current version on App World only supports v1.0 XML's but we have already released an update that will be available on Monday or Tuesday and with that version, both 1.0 and 2.x versions of KeePass will be supported.
    Just how integrated with keepass is vault? If I open a keepass database, but add/edit entries using Vault, and then save it, will Keepass programs or apps on other devices still be able to use them?
    03-25-12 10:15 AM
    i use keepass on my usb stick and carry it in my pocket
    05-18-12 08:44 PM
    I just bought it after confirming that my databases are based on Rijndael.

Another happy customer. Thank you!
    I got the update a few days ago. The application looks much better. It still works well. Thank you.
    05-27-12 11:40 PM
    KeePass for BlackBerry PlayBook supports both v1 and v2 databases (
    You can install it from the AppWorld, or build your own copy from the source code.
    09-04-12 04:42 PM
    Howdy. What I would like to see is more support for current BB's (OS7.1) and future BB10. Although handy on Playbook, I want Keepass on my phone. v2 is working fine on my home and work pc's, and iPhone (don't yell, it's for work testing - I prefer BB!!!). I want KeyPass v2 on my BB. The last version 2.15 opened my file once, and never again (saying 'file needs to be 2.15' and it is!). Did I mention...I want this on my phone!
    10-18-12 04:55 PM
138 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD