All in favor of a KeePass port/app for PlayBook say I!

I've built up quite a password DB in KeePass and use it heavily on my PC's and my Storm 2.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions for other apps that may be as good or better, but it appears nothing of that genre for PlayBook yet.

I'm trying to make this thing my personal, portable, info repository!
    05-05-11 11:32 PM
    Aye!

So are you offering to write a PB KeePass app, or trying to convince someone else to do it for you?

(While I am a developer elsewhere, I have *zero* interest in Adobe Air or WebWorks, so I'm waiting on the native SDK and BlackBerry Java "Player" before I personally dabble in PB development.)
    05-06-11 05:41 AM
    So are you offering to write a PB KeePass app, or trying to convince someone else to do it for you?
    I'm trying to measure / generate interest in hopes of someone developing one.

While I dabble in vb.net development, I don't have the time to learn Air to roll my own. Plus, I don't even know if Air could handle the encryption or database structure.
    05-06-11 06:05 AM
    I would be very interested in a KeePass for Playbook. I also know a few people around here who would also use it.
    05-06-11 07:42 AM
    Lock and loaded here.
    05-06-11 10:05 AM
    Here here! I'd like to see KeePass ported over as well.
    05-06-11 03:00 PM
    I've just posted a plea to developers in the KeePass forum:https://sourceforge.net/projects/kee.../topic/4519801

I posted a link to this thread, so keep the requests coming and maybe someone will bite!
    05-06-11 11:06 PM
    keypass would be great on the playbook. i would like to see it.
    05-07-11 05:06 AM
    I use KeePass on my Storm and sync it with my laptop. I'd love to be able to do that on my PlayBook.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    05-07-11 11:43 PM
    We are currently working on Adobe Air port for KeePass. It will be in the market in middle of June. It will have nice features like:

* dropbox synch.
    * copy/paste.
    * direct web page launch from keepass application.
    * User interface designed for tablet experience.

we can keep you informed about application if you send a empty email to [email protected] with subject "KeePassAir"

Singularapp

Check out our Air Hockey and Air Hockey Gold applications at the Appworld:
    BlackBerry App World - Air Hockey Gold
    BlackBerry App World - Air Hockey
    05-09-11 05:32 AM
    Has there been any update around when KeePass will be available for the PlayBook?

Hands down my favourite password app, would love to have it on my PlayBook.
    06-23-11 09:48 PM
    Can't wait for a release!

Would be great to hear any news... (didn't get any via Mail)
    06-24-11 03:34 AM
    I'd love to have Keepass on my PlaybooK!
    08-14-11 10:58 PM
    keepass would be great for my pb.
    true it works fine from my torch but would prefer to have the larger display for viewing/editing.
    i am not a dev and wouldnt even try so holden to those who can.

any updates very welcome.
    08-31-11 05:41 PM
    Secret Server is a BB app that syncs witb a web app https://secretserveronline.com/login.aspx that works fine for this purpose.
    damianlynch likes this.
    08-31-11 07:14 PM
    The secret to all of this is the NDK, assuming you're okay with the KeePass 1.x file format. (KeePass2 is a .NET app, so its not so easy to port.)

You see, the portable KeePass version, KeePassX, is a Qt application. Given the NDK, getting Qt to work on the PlayBook will not be very hard. (Qt 4.8 added a whole new integration infrastructure piece that will make it quite easy, actually.)

So, if we port Qt to the PlayBook, and then recompile KeePassX (after porting its clipboard-management code), make a few touchscreen UI tweaks, I think its obvious what I'm getting at here.
    08-31-11 10:09 PM
    The free PB app WM Wallet
    serves the same purpose as the BB Phone app BB Wallet

The WM app format is not so 'beautiful' but it serves the same purpose.

Regret, neither sync with the browser like 'Firefox Passwords'
    09-01-11 11:41 AM
    Secret Server is a BB app that syncs witb a web app https://secretserveronline.com/login.aspx that works fine for this purpose.
    Seems pricy.., 86$ year!
    09-07-11 07:40 PM
    Seems pricy.., 86$ year!
    An individual account, which is all I have or need, is free.
    09-07-11 07:43 PM
    Hi!

I'm working on a KeePass port for the PlayBook named kiPass, so far I can access a KeePass DB on the PlayBook in read-only mode, but I hope to progress quickly from now on to a full featured KeePass app for the PlayBook.

Visit our webpage Smugrik : Music and programming to stay tuned, all constructive suggestions are welcome
    CrackMachine and Lumute like this.
    09-14-11 10:31 AM
    is it possible to download a copy to run?
    would love to try this out, read only is what I want on my PB anyway.

All credit to you for doing this too.
    09-14-11 10:50 AM
    @damianlynch
    I prefer not to release yet as UI is still a hack, a read-only version is a good idea and I will try to fix a pre-version soon.
    09-14-11 12:45 PM
    I'm also interested in this app and read-only is all that I need. Thanks for your efforts.
    09-14-11 09:07 PM
    I'm hoping to get KeePassX ported and usable to a "good enough" level, and made available in some form after the NDK goes public. However, being primarily a desktop app, the current version of KeePassX will still be somewhat awkward on the PlayBook from a usability perspective. (KeePassX 2 may improve on that, but its been in development limbo for so long that I have little confidence in it getting finished in the foreseeable future.)

So I'd definitely be interested in a KeePass-compatible app that's actually designed for the touchscreen UI of the PlayBook, and hope kiPass makes good progress.
    09-15-11 07:45 AM
    @smugrik - entirely understand.
    eager to hear when you are happy though.
    Will be fantastic.
    09-16-11 10:34 AM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD