Can you see the Linux minidlna server from your Windows 7 machine?
    Sorry it took so long to respond... The Windows 7 machine does in fact see the Linux minidlna server with no problems... So now the question is, why can't Kalemsoft?
    02-11-13 07:18 PM
    Yes, we are working on it...

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Thank you very much...we are all appreciative of this fine app, and really make use of it! Nice to hear the support
    for BB10 is there!
    02-11-13 09:55 PM
    Re travelling

Local playback of files doesn't require an internet connection, we have 2 playbooks and use kmp when we travel :-)

The confusion earlier was regarding the streaming app you can run on your computer, I haven't used this as everything I stream from supports dlna but from what I have read I believe that will work as well without internet but needs some manual configuration or the customer effected had some router upnp problems

Regards

Damian
    02-11-13 11:52 PM
    I am also confused by this... Angus_CB responded "yes, it will work through your LAN". I guess my question is, someone said that you need an active internet connection for the software to check that it has a legit license (Read this on another forum, RFD). I haven't been able to find on this thread but my question is, what happens if I am travelling and I don't have an internet connection. Sounds like from what I read the software will not load. If this is the case then I will be skipping buying this as that doesn't work for me. I can't leave the software running all of the time because what happens if I close it by accident( have closed programs with gestures before).
    It will work without internet once your license is verified. Internet is required to one-time verify your license. So, when you download it, you need to run it once with internet connection, then you can run it offline. The application will guide you through this with warnings.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-12-13 01:44 AM
    Sorry it took so long to respond... The Windows 7 machine does in fact see the Linux minidlna server with no problems... So now the question is, why can't Kalemsoft?
    Is Windows 7 machine connected wired or wireless? Routers may block UPNP packets through wireless ports which may be why your PC sees the server but not your Playbook.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-12-13 01:48 AM
    Is Windows 7 machine connected wired or wireless? Routers may block UPNP packets through wireless ports which may be why your PC sees the server but not your Playbook.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Hrmm, my set up is a little weird with virtual machines, but one can consider that my Windows 7 machine is wired as well the Linux machine. Now that you've mentioned UPnP blocking, I'm wondering if I need to open up an extra port for UPnP to work properly. No access to the machine currently, but a quick google search turns up that UPnP requires UPnP UDP port 1900 and TCP port 2869. I don't believe I have the latter opened. I'll verify this tonight! Thanks!
    02-12-13 08:37 AM
    No go... opened up UDP 1900, TCP 2869, and TCP 8200... I'm officially stumped. Both the Windows machine and the Linux minidlna server are both on wired connections. Windows sees the server, but KSM does not!
    02-12-13 11:54 PM
    No go... opened up UDP 1900, TCP 2869, and TCP 8200... I'm officially stumped. Both the Windows machine and the Linux minidlna server are both on wired connections. Windows sees the server, but KSM does not!
    Well, you need to compare it with another wireless client. It is not just a matter of opening ports. It is the router's capability of passing multicast packets through its wireless port. We know because we had the same issue before with one of our routers. If your Windows PC has a wireless adapter, try connecting with that instead of wired ethernet and see if your PC can still see the server. Another possibility is the server configuration might be wrong such that your Playbook might be in another subnet not being served by the network interface configured on the server.

As a matter of fact, we tested our player with minidlna and it works fine.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    dimm0k likes this.
    02-13-13 05:28 AM
    I use miniDLNA with KalemSoft but my miniDLNA server is running directly from a router.
    It is an ASUS router running Tomato firmware.
    02-13-13 08:50 AM
    Well, you need to compare it with another wireless client. It is not just a matter of opening ports. It is the router's capability of passing multicast packets through its wireless port. We know because we had the same issue before with one of our routers. If your Windows PC has a wireless adapter, try connecting with that instead of wired ethernet and see if your PC can still see the server. Another possibility is the server configuration might be wrong such that your Playbook might be in another subnet not being served by the network interface configured on the server.

As a matter of fact, we tested our player with minidlna and it works fine.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Thanks, your response made me look up DLNA and my router and indeed my router was the culprit! Had to change a few options to get DLNA working through wireless. Pretty much had forgotten that there are differences between wired and wireless connections.
    02-13-13 09:50 AM
    Thanks, your response made me look up DLNA and my router and indeed my router was the culprit! Had to change a few options to get DLNA working through wireless. Pretty much had forgotten that there are differences between wired and wireless connections.
    Great, we are glad that the issue is solved for you.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    dimm0k likes this.
    02-13-13 11:38 AM
    When is next release scheduled ? I'm really fed up with so small interface to browse files
    godsend85 likes this.
    02-14-13 10:50 PM
    When is next release scheduled ? I'm really fed up with so small interface to browse files
    Yes, please make the browse interface adjustable so we can read the full name of the file.
    QERNB likes this.
    02-15-13 11:31 PM
    We already submitted it. It is waiting to be reviewed.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    tryfe, Wolfgan and nappp like this.
    02-16-13 03:15 AM
    any ETA on the Z10 release?
    02-19-13 10:53 AM
    any ETA on the Z10 release?
    +1
    02-21-13 09:24 AM
    +1
    +1

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 09:44 AM
    Great news

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:35 AM
    sorry guys, I am in the US so for me its all about the playbook verson! keep up the great work and please keep the upgrades coming KalemSoft!
    02-21-13 10:19 PM
    WTF is CB10? Sorry for my ignorance.
    02-22-13 02:45 PM
    CB10 is the crackberry bb10 app
    02-22-13 06:28 PM
    CB10 is the crackberry bb10 app
    And it's awesome :P
    02-22-13 06:29 PM
    just like the next version of kalemsoft media player for playbook will be!
    02-22-13 06:35 PM
    Anyone have any idea when the new version will be out? I heard about a month ago that it was already subimitted to BB World. Find it strange that it's taking so dang long.
    02-26-13 01:21 AM
    Anyone have any idea when the new version will be out? I heard about a month ago that it was already subimitted to BB World. Find it strange that it's taking so dang long.
    I think most app are taking awhile to be approved because of the upcoming update. flycraft announced their new update on their fb page like a month ago and I just got the update today.
    02-26-13 02:16 AM
1,236 ... 2324252627 ...