Those are the settings I use all the time. It still would not connect. Maybe I have something else set wrong.
    -
    Pete
    Also, disable directory service from streamer settings->Advanced. By the way, make sure your PC's ip address has not changed.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-04-13 01:20 PM
    "Originally Posted by dimm0k
    Came across a video that won't play... the thumbnail shows up when you select the video in KMP, but when you attempt to play the video it shows a blank screen with the media controls at the bottom. Fast forwarding back and forth doesn't do anything either, however the video plays fine on the computer. In fact this video actually crashed the whole PlayBook and restarted itself! How can I get a segment of this video uploaded somewhere for testing?"

"Please contact us here and we will send you a link.
    Regards,
    KalemSoft"

Has this been solved or being looked into?
    I too have a couple of rmvb files that cannot be played in KMP, but can be played perfectly in QMPlayer.
    This was said to be fixed shortly after I submitted the video causing the described issue... I'm anxiously awaiting this next release...
    02-04-13 02:10 PM
    Is there any way to get some sort of audio controls when playing out via HDMI?
    02-04-13 02:14 PM
    Does KalemSoft work without an active Internet connection?
    02-04-13 08:52 PM
    Yes, it will work through your LAN.
    If you are using the KalemSoft Server you will have to enable "Connect with IP and port" in the KalemSoft Player on the Playbook. It is under Player network settings. Enter your PC's IP address and port number to the boxes. The default port number is 7000 if you haven't changed it.
    If you use a DLNA server you don't have to change any settings. I find a DLNA server woprks the best.
    02-05-13 06:54 AM
    We are not aware of a way of mounting CIFS or samba shares on Playbook directly. This may be possible, we don't know. However, if you run our streamer on your PC, you should be able to add these shares and stream those through our streamer program. This way you can also stream those to remote locations, not only to your home network.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Thank you for the response, however it would not be very efficient for me, since the path would be: NAS->ethernet->router->wifi->laptop->wifi->router->wifi->playbook. That's just too inefficient for my needs. However the player itself works great and i've started loading up my PB with files again thanks to the expanded file compatibility.
    Thanks!
    02-05-13 08:30 AM
    What NAS and router are you using? The NAS may have a DLNA server or the option of adding one.
    Your router may even have the option of adding a DLNA server of using alternate firmware.

I run Twonky from my NAS for video and MiniDLNA from one of the routers for Music and Photos.
    02-05-13 09:55 AM
    Will you be bringing this app over to the BB10 platform? Hoping to be able to play dlna stored media with my new z10.
    02-05-13 06:18 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I've gone through the first 20 pages of replies. Don't have time go get through everything, so I'll just ask this straight up and hopefully the huge KalemSoft user base can help out.

I watch a lot of korean drama videos with subtitles. I've tried some other subtitle apps for Playbook - all failed to deliver. Is KalemSoft media player good for watching movies with subtitles? From the first 20 pages of replies, it seems some users experience flickering or the player not finding subs. Is there a better Playbook app for watching movies with subs, since this is my primary goal?
    02-06-13 09:45 AM
    I've been having a small issue with a video file I downloaded recently. I downloaded first season of "Pioneer One", a free TV show made available by vodo.net. I downloaded in 720p resolution, h264 format in MKV container. Here's a screenshot of the details of the file in KalemSoft:

When I try to play it, it will freeze after 6 seconds (exact same place every time). If during those six seconds I press the forward button (>>), it will skip to 30 seconds in and seems to play OK (although I have not watched it the whole way through). I have tried the exact same file in VLC on my computer and it works fine, so there is no issue with the file. It's also on the Playbook, not being streamed from my PC.

Obviously this is a fairly minor issue as I can just skip forward a little and avoid it, but as I said before, I'm not completely sure it won't happen again at a later point in the video as I have not watched it the whole way through. I also haven't tried the other 5 episodes.

Is there any known issue with any of the attributes of this file, or is it just a random occurrence?
    02-06-13 11:43 AM
    KalemSoft Media Player ROCKS on my Playbook! Any plans to have it available in Blackberry World for BB10?
    02-06-13 05:29 PM
    Bought this for the DLNA specifically. Unfortunately it will only find files when using the all songs option. If I try to browse to a folder, nothing is displayed. If I choose Artist of Album etc, no files are displayed. The files are there because I can browse to them on A) other multiple machines and devices B) on the playbook but only when 'all songs' are used.

Very odd.

Running it from my Synolgy DS-106e with updated firmware. It's only the playbook that can't do this, it's not a problem with the NAS.
    02-07-13 03:30 PM
    Bought this for the DLNA specifically. Unfortunately it will only find files when using the all songs option. If I try to browse to a folder, nothing is displayed. If I choose Artist of Album etc, no files are displayed. The files are there because I can browse to them on A) other multiple machines and devices B) on the playbook but only when 'all songs' are used.

Very odd.

Running it from my Synolgy DS-106e with updated firmware. It's only the playbook that can't do this, it's not a problem with the NAS.
    Do you know the DLNA server on the NAS?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-07-13 04:25 PM
    I've been having a small issue with a video file I downloaded recently. I downloaded first season of "Pioneer One", a free TV show made available by vodo.net. I downloaded in 720p resolution, h264 format in MKV container. Here's a screenshot of the details of the file in KalemSoft:

When I try to play it, it will freeze after 6 seconds (exact same place every time). If during those six seconds I press the forward button (>>), it will skip to 30 seconds in and seems to play OK (although I have not watched it the whole way through). I have tried the exact same file in VLC on my computer and it works fine, so there is no issue with the file. It's also on the Playbook, not being streamed from my PC.

Obviously this is a fairly minor issue as I can just skip forward a little and avoid it, but as I said before, I'm not completely sure it won't happen again at a later point in the video as I have not watched it the whole way through. I also haven't tried the other 5 episodes.

Is there any known issue with any of the attributes of this file, or is it just a random occurrence?
    It may still be a problem with the file. Hardware decoders (in this case what is provided by Playbook hardware) are not as flexible as software decoders in terms of handling media errors. VLC may be doing tricks to get around this issue. If you can contact us to and provide the file, we can check it out.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    SifJar likes this.
    02-07-13 04:28 PM
    Does Kalemsoft work with Windows 7's version of DLNA without setting up a homegroup? Trying to get that and Linux's minidlna to work, but it sees neither. Don't have any other devices to see if it's this player or my setup that's causing the issues.
    02-07-13 04:44 PM
    Can you see the Linux minidlna server from your Windows 7 machine?
    02-07-13 07:01 PM

Very odd.

Any documentation I find on this NAS says if has a UPnP Multimedia Server not a DLNA server.
    Is there a DLNA server included with the newer firmware?
    02-07-13 08:35 PM
    Glad I bought this app. Works great with my Seagate GoFlex Home. Thanks!!
    02-07-13 10:33 PM
    Does Kalemsoft work with Windows 7's version of DLNA without setting up a homegroup? Trying to get that and Linux's minidlna to work, but it sees neither. Don't have any other devices to see if it's this player or my setup that's causing the issues.
    Yes, it works with both servers. This may be an issue with your router's wireless port if it is blocking UPNP multicast discovery packets. We had the same issue during our initial testing.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-08-13 03:30 AM
    I just purchased this and I am very pleased with it....All I wanted to do, was to play high end ( 14GB) mkv's on my playbook and it does this with no problems !!!!!

Bravo
    02-08-13 05:16 PM
    I watch a lot of korean drama videos with subtitles. ....
    I watch a lot of Asian movies too and so far I had only problem with 1 movie. In this specific case it was because the .str file was corrupted.
    So until now I'm very happy I bought it, makes the playbook so much more usefull. Also use it to stream music to my surround set
    Till this day I haven't seen a better player that supports a lot of codecs in combination with importing external .str fils.

What I do miss is the ability to add files on the fly to a custom playlist for playing music on the device itself.
    I also miss remote control options to skip a song or just select another song and I wonder if this is possible to do from a (BB) phone in bridge mode or from inside the media streamer on your pc.
    I ask this because when I use to play music only, I do not hook it up to my tv to be able to use the BB phone as a mouse to select new songs.
    02-09-13 08:42 AM
    Several people have asked about this app coming to BB10....any answers?
    02-10-13 05:52 PM
    Several people have asked about this app coming to BB10....any answers?
    Yes, we are working on it...

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-11-13 02:06 AM
    Does KalemSoft work without an active Internet connection?
    I am also confused by this... Angus_CB responded "yes, it will work through your LAN". I guess my question is, someone said that you need an active internet connection for the software to check that it has a legit license (Read this on another forum, RFD). I haven't been able to find on this thread but my question is, what happens if I am travelling and I don't have an internet connection. Sounds like from what I read the software will not load. If this is the case then I will be skipping buying this as that doesn't work for me. I can't leave the software running all of the time because what happens if I close it by accident( have closed programs with gestures before).
    02-11-13 05:35 PM
    What NAS and router are you using? The NAS may have a DLNA server or the option of adding one.
    Your router may even have the option of adding a DLNA server of using alternate firmware.

I run Twonky from my NAS for video and MiniDLNA from one of the routers for Music and Photos.
    Hi,
    I'm running a Synology DS1512+. It does have a media server app I can (and have installed), but it would require indexing many TBs of data and changes to my directory structure (which I do not want to make). My 2 laptops access it via CIFS and stream well from it, and my Popcorn Hour A110 is wired into it and connects via SMB, so I have no issues there.
    It just seems like I'd have to change too much on the server itself to get it working on something I would honestly use for streaming less than 10% of the time, so its not worth the hassle.
    Its still a great media player and I am putting it to good use
    02-11-13 06:17 PM
1,236 ... 2223242526 ...