I have one last suggestion, which is important to me. When I am using the "Shared Folder" through DLNA, I have three options to sort (Name,Date,Size). However, when it sorts on "name", it sorts on the name of the track, not the full file name, which contains the track number first. In other words, if I play a complete album, there is no way to sort on the track number, and therefore can play an album in the exact order the tracks appear on the album. When using the "Shared Folder" view, the app should sort on the full file name, not the track name. Either the "name" sort needs to sort on the full file name, OR have another button to sort on "track number".
    I just noticed this myself using the PS3 media server. The server's log shows the full filename being served (including the preceeding track number), eg:

INFO 2013-01-20 16:28:04.894 [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 10.10.220.24, file: C:\Users\bryan\Music\AC-DC\Back In Black - Remaster 2003 Japan\06 - Back In Black.mp3

Yet on the KalemSoft side it only shows Back In Black with no reference anywhere to the track number.

Probably not much of a big deal for most music, but it's a BIG deal when playing things that should be in order (ie, classical, The Wall, etc )
    01-20-13 04:30 PM
    For the life of me I just could not get PMS to be discovered. I tried Serviio as suggested by another poster and it works fine enough so I'll use that for now.
    01-20-13 08:13 PM
    I just noticed this myself using the PS3 media server. The server's log shows the full filename being served (including the preceeding track number), eg:

INFO 2013-01-20 16:28:04.894 [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 10.10.220.24, file: C:\Users\bryan\Music\AC-DC\Back In Black - Remaster 2003 Japan\06 - Back In Black.mp3

Yet on the KalemSoft side it only shows Back In Black with no reference anywhere to the track number.

Probably not much of a big deal for most music, but it's a BIG deal when playing things that should be in order (ie, classical, The Wall, etc )
    That log may not mean much. It doesn't necessarily indicate the filename being served. It may very well be the filename as it is stored on your server. Do you see the full name on another DLNA client?
    In any case, we will check with PS3 and see what it is sending as the URI.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-21-13 07:55 AM
    That log may not mean much. It doesn't necessarily indicate the filename being served. It may very well be the filename as it is stored on your server. Do you see the full name on another DLNA client?
    In any case, we will check with PS3 and see what it is sending as the URI.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    True. What would be more telling would be the log file for your app. But there is none!

Hard to diagnose the issue with only one side of the story Having been a programmer and a sysadmin for almost 30 years, I was keen to chase this down myself...

Even if the filename isn't being sent across, Lord knows my ID3 tags are fully populated...
    01-21-13 11:31 AM
    Any progress happening on fixing the sort files on date modified ?
    01-22-13 12:54 AM
    Finally got myself a hdmi cable for my playbook :-)

Kalemsoft Media Player Works well but only supports mirroring the display, the native player allows output to the hdmi as an external display with the video then played at the external setting resolution (1080p in my case)

Is this something you could add in a future release ?

Mirroring works ok but its a shame when you have a 720p / 1080p capable player that it gets shrunk to the playbooks res and then mirrored and stretched back to 1080

Regards

Damian
    01-22-13 03:12 PM
    Any progress happening on fixing the sort files on date modified ?
    We fixed it for DLNA sources if that is what you were asking for.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-23-13 04:51 AM
    Ran into a strange issue, but I can't find the cause. Opened a ticket to let the publisher know about it. When using Kalemsoft's player, after stopping playback of a video file, sometimes the audio on the device gets "locked up". This means audio no longer works on the Playbook regardless if Kalemsoft's player is open or not. There seems to be a constant drain on battery in this situation (batter goes to near 0 overnight). Only way to fix this is to reboot the PB.

This only occurs occasionally, and I have not been able to re-create the problem at-will. I am attempting to uninstall/reboot PB/reinstall app to see if that might fix things. Maybe some setting got corrupted during one of the software upgrades along the way. Otherwise, I'm very happy with this player and it's ability to play files not supported on the main player.
    01-23-13 09:08 AM
    Came across a video that won't play... the thumbnail shows up when you select the video in KMP, but when you attempt to play the video it shows a blank screen with the media controls at the bottom. Fast forwarding back and forth doesn't do anything either, however the video plays fine on the computer. In fact this video actually crashed the whole PlayBook and restarted itself! How can I get a segment of this video uploaded somewhere for testing?
    01-23-13 09:15 AM
    Came across a video that won't play... the thumbnail shows up when you select the video in KMP, but when you attempt to play the video it shows a blank screen with the media controls at the bottom. Fast forwarding back and forth doesn't do anything either, however the video plays fine on the computer. In fact this video actually crashed the whole PlayBook and restarted itself! How can I get a segment of this video uploaded somewhere for testing?
    Please contact us here and we will send you a link.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-23-13 04:46 PM
    suggestions

1. hd output from hdmi cable.

2. ability to change aspect ratio. i noticed some movies played through the hdmi cable dont have the proper aspect ratio on the tv.
    i didnt see any way to change it in settings. vlc player has this option on pc, for example.
    01-27-13 10:15 AM
    Will KSever be able to stream FLV files?
    01-27-13 10:17 AM
    suggestions

1. hd output from hdmi cable.

2. ability to change aspect ratio. i noticed some movies played through the hdmi cable dont have the proper aspect ratio on the tv.
    i didnt see any way to change it in settings. vlc player has this option on pc, for example.
    The leftmost button on the player bar is to change the aspect ratio.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-28-13 01:38 AM
    Will KSever be able to stream FLV files?
    Yes, it does unless you are trying to stream from websites directly. In other words, flv files must already be downloaded to your computer or shared drive.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-28-13 01:39 AM
    The leftmost button on the player bar is to change the aspect ratio.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    excellent!
    i feel rather silly that i didnt notice that. lol

thanks.
    01-28-13 03:02 PM
    That's odd. I have folders on my drive with wmv and flv files. On the PB The flv files don't show up but the others do, and play just fine. Why would that be if KS can play them from my computer? Is there a setting I messed up? If I can really play them I will give six stars!
    01-28-13 09:02 PM
    As an update, I did an uninstall/reinstall and I haven't had that audio issue I mentioned a few posts above. Maybe something got corrupted when upgrading, or maybe the video file at the time was causing some issues. Glad to have it sorted, though as it started to get annoying having to reboot the PB.
    01-29-13 10:07 AM
    That's odd. I have folders on my drive with wmv and flv files. On the PB The flv files don't show up but the others do, and play just fine. Why would that be if KS can play them from my computer? Is there a setting I messed up? If I can really play them I will give six stars!
    Are you using our streamer program or a third-party DLNA server?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-29-13 05:04 PM
    Are you using our streamer program or a third-party DLNA server?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I am using your streamer program and flv files do not show on my PB either. However they did when I first purchased the program. Somewhere during an update that ability disappeared. I can't say when it occurred but there have been 2 updates since I purchased it.
    I hope that helps shed some light on the problem.

Still love your software. I don't often use flv files so it has not been an big problem for me.

thanks
    -
    pete
    01-29-13 09:09 PM
    I am using your streamer, which works great on other files.
    On another note, it does not see pics, just video. Is that the expected behavior?
    01-29-13 10:01 PM
    I am using your streamer, which works great on other files.
    On another note, it does not see pics, just video. Is that the expected behavior?
    Yes, the picture support is coming with the next update for DLNA servers and later with our streamer.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-30-13 01:59 AM
    I am using your streamer program and flv files do not show on my PB either. However they did when I first purchased the program. Somewhere during an update that ability disappeared. I can't say when it occurred but there have been 2 updates since I purchased it.
    I hope that helps shed some light on the problem.

Still love your software. I don't often use flv files so it has not been an big problem for me.

thanks
    -
    pete
    wmv files should show up. We just tested it and they are displayed fine. Flv files were not working but we fixed that. Please upgrade the streamer to 1.1.4 and try again.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-30-13 02:30 AM
    Just tested KMP with Dvbviewer recording service (it's an add-on to Dvbviewer - it can also work as a upnp server). I was able to stream live tv, videos and audio from my pc to playbook with no problems. Great work Kalemsoft!
    01-30-13 06:55 AM
    Yes, the picture support is coming with the next update for DLNA servers and later with our streamer.
    Thank you. I upgraded the streamer and I can now stream flv files to the PB. And the news about picture support coming is great. I am more than happy. Well done Kalemsoft!

As a suggestion, I hope eventually for rapid play of jpgs and such (speed set by user) without any transitions so that I can test cartoon animations. No doubt there will be a traditional slide show approach, too. But a slideshow without null transition and variable speed showing all pics in a folder doesn't quite do what I want.

Again let me echo the many users in congratulating Kalemsoft for a great product and great support.
    Last edited by jventola; 01-30-13 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    01-30-13 12:45 PM
    I love the program, and the support so far has been excellent.

HOWEVER, there is still one thing missing that would make Kalemsoft MP a complete hero to me....an EQ!!!

I compared the sound of my IPod docked into my stereo amp, vs the sound of Kalemsoft MP on my Playbook connected to the same amp (using cable connecting headphone jack to RCA ins on amp). The IPod was much better due to the EQ controls available by having installed the Rockbox OS override.

Compared to the IPod, the Playbook (with Kalemsoft streaming) was flat with the mids way too high and the treble and bass too low. Just an overall non-dynamic flat sound. The IPod, however, running Rockbox OS, was very good with deep rich stereo sound at both ends of the spectrum. I know the difference in sound is not the IPod vs the Playbook, but rather a difference in software. I tried Neutron player on the Playbook, which has a great EQ, and the sound is much better than Kalemsoft. However, Neutron player is not DLNA enabled, which makes Kalemsoft the only option.

If Kalemsoft incorporated an EQ, like Neutron player, it would become the ULTIMATE music app for me. Please, please, please include one in your next release. IMO, Kalemsoft MP is a bit crippled without one.

Thanks again Kalemsoft, for listening to your customers
    Last edited by JoeCanuck; 01-31-13 at 07:19 AM.
    01-30-13 04:14 PM
1,236 ... 2021222324 ...