Alerts show 2.2.1 is there but when I go I don't see latest version
    I got 2.2.1 from appworld today but the changelog wasn't updated (not even on kalemsoft site) so I can't see what was patched.
    All of my videos seem to work ok except an flv one with video codec vp6f, on previous versions it displayed blocky and green, now it crash the player.
    Thx, wolf
    12-24-12 07:47 AM
    Is the KS media streamer still working with the new version (Win7/64bit)?

I used this a week ago and all was OK....now I get an error "Streaming could not start. Please make sure the file is still accessible on the server".

Since last used I have applied updates to the app, the PB and there was a Windows update as well.......don't know which one might have caused this.

App is working fine for local vobs and dlna from the same PC.
    12-24-12 03:39 PM
    Is it possible to have this app not drain the battery when the video is paused or when the focus is on another app? Also is it possible to have this app be able to rotate 180 degrees so it's viewable when you flip the PB around? That'd be my holiday wish list!

BTW, is there a file size limit for videos? I just ripped a movie from Blueray that was roughly 6GB to mkv format. The subtitles kept going in and out and it would stutter every couple of seconds. the video info says h264 (high), 1280x720 and audio is dts.
    Last edited by dimm0k; 12-24-12 at 08:05 PM.
    12-24-12 07:25 PM
    Is the KS media streamer still working with the new version (Win7/64bit)?

I used this a week ago and all was OK....now I get an error "Streaming could not start. Please make sure the file is still accessible on the server".

Since last used I have applied updates to the app, the PB and there was a Windows update as well.......don't know which one might have caused this.

App is working fine for local vobs and dlna from the same PC.
    Latest version of the streamer is running fine on our Win7/64 PC. Have you tried changing the folder where the files reside? May be there is a permission issue as the error message indicates.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-25-12 03:55 AM
    Is it possible to have this app not drain the battery when the video is paused or when the focus is on another app? Also is it possible to have this app be able to rotate 180 degrees so it's viewable when you flip the PB around? That'd be my holiday wish list!

BTW, is there a file size limit for videos? I just ripped a movie from Blueray that was roughly 6GB to mkv format. The subtitles kept going in and out and it would stutter every couple of seconds. the video info says h264 (high), 1280x720 and audio is dts.
    Power consumption is managed by the OS when the application is in background. All we can do is to stop decoding, which we are already doing.

180 degrees rotation is possible although not sure why you would want that.

You need to free up some space on the device if you are getting stutter with DTS encoded files after some time.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    dimm0k likes this.
    12-25-12 04:00 AM

For me it would be so that I can charge the playbook whilst it stood upright on a flat surface whilst playing a video. The standard charger cannot be inserted with the Playbook in the normal orientation i.e. with Blackberry logo along the bottom. In my PB leather case I can have the PB upside down so that it can be charged whilst upright and watching video (but not on Kamelsoft)..
    dimm0k and FF22 like this.
    12-25-12 06:43 AM
    For me it would be so that I can charge the playbook whilst it stood upright on a flat surface whilst playing a video. The standard charger cannot be inserted with the Playbook in the normal orientation i.e. with Blackberry logo along the bottom. In my PB leather case I can have the PB upside down so that it can be charged whilst upright and watching video (but not on Kamelsoft)..
    +1 right here!
    12-25-12 09:11 AM
    I could do it by changing PB orientation, before starting the player.
    FF22 and Searcher2 like this.
    12-26-12 07:31 AM
    I need to install this on my other playbook, I"m having an issue when I go to install it and get an error. I have already paid for the app and have it working on my playbook, I think the problem might come form both playbooks using the same blackberry ID, I'm happy to pay for a second version but when I try to do that I get an error through app world. Any ideas on how I can get this app installed on my 2nd playbook? Thanks and great app.
    12-26-12 09:05 AM

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    It is useful when connecting the Playbook by HDMI to a TV.
    It puts the HDMI port on top and out of the way.
    dimm0k likes this.
    12-26-12 09:28 AM
    Hmmm, just fired it up since the last update (to see if inverting the pb before opening it as nicely suggested above works - it does) and I'm getting a "Cannot read the device key.... check Permissions...."

BUT when I go to Permissions under Security, Kalemsoft is NOT listed - is it lurking under a different name?

Thanks in advance. (and I did copy that key when the install finished.)

edited to add: I'm deleting it (I guess it shows up in my installed apps as "SALE - Kalem......" but still did not see any Permissions for it under that name.

Further edited to add: UNinstalled and REinstalled. Still getting that License Message and still don't see any Permissions for it in the Security options. And my pb is connected to the web - the download of Kalemsoft just downloaded. I'm rebooting.....

Reboot did not find any Permissions.
    Last edited by F2; 12-26-12 at 11:06 AM.
    12-26-12 10:20 AM
    Have had this app for about a month, and for local viewing of my vids via wireless network, works great!

Question - Is it possible to access my files remotely? If I'm sitting at a coffee shop, with wireless, any way
    to get access to my home pc vids??

I've tried looking around, but the help file won't launch, and cannot seem to find anything via google either.

Thanks in advance.
    12-26-12 10:29 AM
    Question - Is it possible to access my files remotely? If I'm sitting at a coffee shop, with wireless, any way
    to get access to my home pc vids??
    Have you got the KalemSoft Media Streamer program running on a PC?
    12-26-12 11:15 AM
    Hmmm, just fired it up since the last update (to see if inverting the pb before opening it as nicely suggested above works - it does) and I'm getting a "Cannot read the device key.... check Permissions...."

BUT when I go to Permissions under Security, Kalemsoft is NOT listed - is it lurking under a different name?

Thanks in advance. (and I did copy that key when the install finished.)

edited to add: I'm deleting it (I guess it shows up in my installed apps as "SALE - Kalem......" but still did not see any Permissions for it under that name.

Further edited to add: UNinstalled and REinstalled. Still getting that License Message and still don't see any Permissions for it in the Security options. And my pb is connected to the web - the download of Kalemsoft just downloaded. I'm rebooting.....

Reboot did not find any Permissions.
    For this and the other issue reported above (where a second install could not be done on a PB with the same BlackBerry ID) it is worth checking that you have refreshed the list of Apps you have installed first. To do this go into App World, click on My World and then press Refresh List and wait until it does it.

I don't know if it will sort your problems but I couldn't update to the new version until I had done this.
    12-26-12 12:55 PM
    For this and the other issue reported above (where a second install could not be done on a PB with the same BlackBerry ID) it is worth checking that you have refreshed the list of Apps you have installed first. To do this go into App World, click on My World and then press Refresh List and wait until it does it.

I don't know if it will sort your problems but I couldn't update to the new version until I had done this.
    I Deleted the app, reinstalled it and rebooted. I did capture my license number when it installed and I have that saved if needed. I checked their site but too many hoops. So I will hope that they see my issue and reply here.

Still NO Permissions show for Kalemsoft. I'm not sure that the warning message means anything. I was able to look at my local files and tried and played one. I've not delved deeper at the moment.
    12-26-12 02:15 PM
    I Deleted the app, reinstalled it and rebooted. I did capture my license number when it installed and I have that saved if needed. I checked their site but too many hoops. So I will hope that they see my issue and reply here.

Still NO Permissions show for Kalemsoft. I'm not sure that the warning message means anything. I was able to look at my local files and tried and played one. I've not delved deeper at the moment.
    You need to contact us directly for fast response regarding these issues. Please open a ticket here: KalemSoft Support System

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-26-12 03:19 PM
    You need to contact us directly for fast response regarding these issues. Please open a ticket here: KalemSoft Support System

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Ticket submitted
    12-26-12 04:39 PM
    Hey, I just discovered a bonus feature about KS MP! If you don't feel like converting a DVD into AVI format, just drag and drop the VTS_01_***.VOB files from the disc straight into the Playbook. Play them in order and voila, there's your movie!! Thanks, Kalemsoft.

Now, if you can add two things to your app: a feature where movies will play one after the other without going into menu (in other words: a playlist), and also add in some swipe features, instead of having to tap the screen to get the menu. Short swipe up/down for volume up/down, short swipe left/right for advance/rewind, etc, tap screen for pause, tap second time for play - you get the picture. I think these would be terrific add-ons for your great app.
    12-26-12 05:19 PM
    Hey, I just discovered a bonus feature about KS MP! If you don't feel like converting a DVD into AVI format, just drag and drop the VTS_01_***.VOB files from the disc straight into the Playbook. Play them in order and voila, there's your movie!! Thanks, Kalemsoft.

Now, if you can add two things to your app: a feature where movies will play one after the other without going into menu (in other words: a playlist), and also add in some swipe features, instead of having to tap the screen to get the menu. Short swipe up/down for volume up/down, short swipe left/right for advance/rewind, etc, tap screen for pause, tap second time for play - you get the picture. I think these would be terrific add-ons for your great app.
    Your first requests already exists as a feature currently. Just enable "Ordered Play" from player bar (press the button that says "Play Single" underneath it) and files should play automatically one after the other.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-26-12 07:12 PM
    Your first requests already exists as a feature currently. Just enable "Ordered Play" from player bar (press the button that says "Play Single" underneath it) and files should play automatically one after the other.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Oh, great. My apologies, I didn't realize that was there. I've always just had it on "single play". (I guess reading Help/Instructions might help) One down..... LOL Great piece of software, especially for playing wide screened movies (Box mode).
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-26-12 07:57 PM
    How do I download this app if my playbook is set to UK region. Is it a US only app
    12-26-12 08:32 PM
    @KalemSoft Thanks for the updates!

I am now using the DLNA/UPNP feature. Does the player control the bitrate when connecting to another media server? I know the max is 3000mbps, but I'd like to get more of it.
    12-26-12 10:16 PM
    @KalemSoft Thanks for the updates!

I am now using the DLNA/UPNP feature. Does the player control the bitrate when connecting to another media server? I know the max is 3000mbps, but I'd like to get more of it.
    The bitrate setting in the player is only for streaming using KalemSoft Media Streamer. For DLNA streaming, the bitrate is controlled by the particular server you are running. Some servers do support transcoding/transrating, some don't. If the server doesn't do it, you will be streaming the media at its original encoding bitrate without losing quality.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-27-12 02:21 AM
    How do I download this app if my playbook is set to UK region. Is it a US only app
    The application is listed globally. It should be available in your region.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-27-12 02:23 AM
    ... add in some swipe features, instead of having to tap the screen to get the menu. Short swipe up/down for volume up/down, short swipe left/right for advance/rewind, etc, tap screen for pause, tap second time for play - you get the picture. I think these would be terrific add-ons for your great app.
    I would like to see this also.
    A quick pause / play method I use now is; swipe up from the bottom bezel to minimize the screen pauses the playback. Tap the screen to maximize and start playback.
    12-27-12 07:17 AM
1,236 ... 1617181920 ...