OK....I'm really happy with the overall performance of this app, BUT MY SCROLLING IS STILL NOT WORKING with my phone over Bridge. Search is not working either!

What I have already done....deleted and re-installed the app on my PB....also deleted and reinstalled Bridge on my 9900.....what is going on?????

HEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!
    If its working in other apps i.e. browser then log a support ticket with Kalemsoft on their website they usually respond quickly
    11-07-12 06:35 AM
    OK....I'm really happy with the overall performance of this app, BUT MY SCROLLING IS STILL NOT WORKING with my phone over Bridge. Search is not working either!

What I have already done....deleted and re-installed the app on my PB....also deleted and reinstalled Bridge on my 9900.....what is going on?????

HEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!
    Position your pointer on the area you wish to scroll, press alt+shift on your keyboard and use the trackpad to scroll.

Hope that helps.
    11-07-12 10:18 PM
    If its working in other apps i.e. browser then log a support ticket with Kalemsoft on their website they usually respond quickly
    I did that tonight....will wait for a response.
    11-07-12 11:57 PM
    Position your pointer on the area you wish to scroll, press alt+shift on your keyboard and use the trackpad to scroll.

Hope that helps.
    Nope. Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. What happens is when I use the two-finger scroll method normally, it "selects" the folder the cursor is hovering over...with your suggestions using the trackpad, it does nothing.
    11-08-12 12:02 AM
    Strange question, yes this is a wonderful worth the money. Iuse this app for video, but also use this app to play my mp3 audiobooks as it resumes where i left off which is great. Is there a way to use this as a music player as well I tried the shuffle but it will only shuffle songs in that file from that artist. I really don't care about the album cover or anything like that but it would be nice to shuffle the music thou. No biggee but a all encompassing app would be great.
    11-08-12 02:32 AM
    Handy tip on the music - thanks

Wonder if you put the files in a folder if it would do that ?

Regards

Damian
    11-08-12 08:12 AM
    It would work but it would be allot of work as you'd have to pull the mp3 out of the artist folder, that's why I can shuffle songs from the same album but not the general music folder, it can't open the folder to pull out the mp3 unless there is something I am missing
    11-08-12 12:05 PM
    Damn, good thing I decided to look a little further in this forum and find this little gem!
    11-08-12 02:28 PM
    It would work but it would be allot of work as you'd have to pull the mp3 out of the artist folder, that's why I can shuffle songs from the same album but not the general music folder, it can't open the folder to pull out the mp3 unless there is something I am missing
    The other thing you can do is to add the songs to the favorites list using the bookmark button and then shuffle the favorites list. This way you do not need to move the files over.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-08-12 02:29 PM
    Thank-you for bringing this great app to the Playbook. I've been looking for a video player with subtitle support. This seems to fit the bill but I have come across a couple files where the subtitles do not work. I am also experiencing a subtitle flickering issue with files where the subtitles do work.

The first video with non working subtitles is in the MKV container. Upon selection of the video the player does not detect the subtitles. Hence there is no subtitles during playback.

Text
    ID : 3
    Format : VobSub
    Codec ID : S_VOBSUB
    Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on DVDs
    Language : English
    The second video is in the OGM container and the player can detect the subtitles. I can select the subtitles as well. However during playback the subtitles do not appear.

Text
    ID : 3 (0x3)
    Format : Subrip
    Writing library : libVorbis 1.0 RC3 (UTC 2001-12-17)
    Language : English
    I can confirm these files work properly on my computer. As for the flickering issue.. for the files that do work there is ghosting of the subtitles. This occurs when the subtitles are supposed to disappear. Instead of disappearing the subtitles will start flickering and continue to do so until the next line appears.

If you could sort out these issues it would be greatly appreciated . The Playbook is getting closer to the media playback device I was expecting a year and a half ago. Once again thank-you KalemSoft for bringing your media player to the Playbook
    Last edited by heero884; 11-08-12 at 05:44 PM.
    11-08-12 04:59 PM
    Thank-you for bringing this great app to the Playbook. I've been looking for a video player with subtitle support. This seems to fit the bill but I have come across a couple files where the subtitles do not work. I am also experiencing a subtitle flickering issue with files where the subtitles do work.

The first video with non working subtitles is in the MKV container. Upon selection of the video the player does not detect the subtitles. Hence there is no subtitles during playback.

The second video is in the OGM container and the player can detect the subtitles. I can select the subtitles as well. However during playback the subtitles do not appear.

I can confirm these files work properly on my computer. As for the flickering issue.. for the files that do work there is ghosting of the subtitles. This occurs when the subtitles are supposed to disappear. Instead of disappearing the subtitles will start flickering and continue to do so until the next line appears.

If you could sort out these issues it would be greatly appreciated . The Playbook is getting closer to the media playback device I was expecting a year and a half ago. Once again thank-you KalemSoft for bringing your media player to the Playbook

VOBSUB is not supported. We will add this to our todo list. We didn't encounter subtitle ghosting or non-working Subrip subtitles in any of our tests. Perhaps it is a content issue. Do you mind contacting us via our support system to provide some samples?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    heero884 likes this.
    11-09-12 01:55 AM
    Hi kalemsoft, I have two questions/suggestions:

1) Do you plan adding a volume slider? I think that would be more convenient than having to press the Playbook's buttons all the time.

2) Putting the player in the background always stops playback. I'd like the video to continue playing, especially while doing a short diagonal swipe from one of the top corners to quickly check the battery state or time of day. Making it an option ("allow background playback" or s.th. like that) would be even more welcome.

What do you think?
    11-09-12 03:56 AM
    When it comes to volume, what about an option to increase the standard Volume level. I have some videos with very low volume, and I would like to lift it up generally.
    Possible?
    11-09-12 11:40 AM
    VOBSUB is not supported. We will add this to our todo list. We didn't encounter subtitle ghosting or non-working Subrip subtitles in any of our tests. Perhaps it is a content issue. Do you mind contacting us via our support system to provide some samples?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I will contact you guys via the support system. Thank-you once again, awesome support
    11-09-12 12:58 PM
    @Kalemsoft I tried the streamer and it worked like a charm!

I second the requests for volume slider and showcase playback.

Also, could you add support for m2ts, and maybe more subtitle formats?

Is there a way to override the maximum bitrate of 3000 kbits? I think my setup will allow me to do 6000-10000 kbits and get a crisper image on my PlayBook.

Thanks!
    11-10-12 12:52 AM
    When it comes to volume, what about an option to increase the standard Volume level. I have some videos with very low volume, and I would like to lift it up generally.
    Possible?
    Agreed, the volume is much lower than that of the native player.
    11-10-12 03:06 AM

Yeah; i'm getting ghosting subtitles as well. If I double tap the screen, it goes away.
    11-10-12 12:19 PM
    @Kalemsoft I tried the streamer and it worked like a charm!

I second the requests for volume slider and showcase playback.

Also, could you add support for m2ts, and maybe more subtitle formats?

Is there a way to override the maximum bitrate of 3000 kbits? I think my setup will allow me to do 6000-10000 kbits and get a crisper image on my PlayBook.

Thanks!
    M2ts plays on the player (I download files to playbook) not tried the streamer yet.
    11-10-12 04:45 PM
    I have a .mpg file that refuses to play. Just makes an annoying sound.
    11-11-12 10:49 AM
    Hi

Will this media player play a video file of this type (I'm running OS 2.1) ?
    The default player won't.

Stream 0 - Type: Video
    Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)
    Resolution: 1280x688
    Frame Rate: 23.976215
    Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1 - Type: Audio
    Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
    Channels: Stereo
    Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
    AAC extension: SBR

Thanks
    Chris
    11-15-12 06:21 AM
    Wow! I am so looking fwd to purchasing this app as soon as DLNA playback is added. Can't wait! PLEX someone beat you to the punch!

Do you guys have any plans to release a mac version of the media streamer. I would love this app if it also had a mac streamer!
    I thought all MAC power users installed desktop virtualization as their first desktop application? I can't say I've seen a software demo on a MAC as of late that did not include virtulization with Windows 7 or Linux running on it. Look up Parallels or VMWARE Fusion to complete your best computing experience in the world. Either that or run the streamer on your gaming rig in the basement and call it a day!
    11-15-12 11:26 AM
    hi I just got a bb mini keyboard and noticed that when using kalemsoft and you scroll with to fingers it either goes trough the folders without selecting any video or it reloads the first selected video over and over. really annoying when you have hdmi out and don't have the playbook at reach. could you please look into it if you get a chance. not a big deal though the player works awesome, only other recomendation is to have and option to continue playing when you switch apps but the automatic pause has helped so no complaints there
    11-15-12 11:55 AM
    Hi

Will this media player play a video file of this type (I'm running OS 2.1) ?
    The default player won't.

Stream 0 - Type: Video
    Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)
    Resolution: 1280x688
    Frame Rate: 23.976215
    Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1 - Type: Audio
    Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
    Channels: Stereo
    Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
    AAC extension: SBR

Thanks
    Chris
    Probably easiest if you supply someone a sample to test, kalemsoft its probably been suggested but a demo version which allows 5 mins playback with a message on screen would be good for sales

Regards

Damian
    phylez likes this.
    11-16-12 12:05 AM
    Please give us .dat support.
    11-16-12 02:01 AM
    Hi,

I've attached a small sample of the type that the native player doesn't recognize

If anyone out there could try the attached to see whether the Kalemsoft player can play it, I'd be very grateful

- just rename "mkv extract.zip" to "mkv extract.mkv" (wouldn't let me attach an mkv format file)

Thanks
    Chris
    Attached Files
    11-16-12 08:32 AM
1,236 ... 678910 ...