UPDATE:

1.0.0.4 rolling out on all Playbooks now. Pls check your device now

UPDATE:

To all my fellow users & supporters running our app - there seems to have been a release failure in AppWorld - you'll see that the new feature descriptions & app images have been updated. However; the app version is still at 1.0.0.2. Our new release version is 1.0.0.4 - which isnt available for download yet.

I've raised an incident with RIM Vendor support to help fix this ASAP. Really sorry about this; I HATE (really HATE) missing deadlines - but this ones out of my control. Apologies once again.

UPDATE Announcement:

As promised; we've been able to crank out all the promised features and then some The release has been submitted to RIM. Look for your updates this weekend on your Playbooks.

Thank you all for supporting us & hope you enjoy our app!

Here are the feature updates in the new release:

1. 'Invisi-Cube' available in this release!
    2. Set wallpaper
    3. Downloaded images also available now in Media Cube
    4. Optimized Loading for Images in Media Cube
    5. Optimized Loading for LinkedIn users with 1000+ connections
    6. Music Player Bug fixes
    7. Background music optimization - Does not affect animations any more
    8. Additional Help Screen & improvements

UPDATE:

We're seeing a healthy volume of downloads and feedback coming in... Thank you all so much!!! I'm trying to ask RIM to highlight Context Cube 3D as the featured app on the App Store. Our team is working overtime to deliver the (below) updates by next week. I need CB Nations' support and positive reviews to make this happen - so please do take a few moments to write your unbiased review on App World to help me push for a featured App.

My personal goal is to make this THE best tablet app (sorry Annoying Birds; but Blackberry People Do a lot more than just play...) and our Context Cube concept really shines with its in-app multi-tasking capabilities; which the Playbook handles flawlessly.

Stay tuned for our update rolling out next week

UPDATE:.

Thanks to the overwhelming responses we have received so far; I thought it best to give you all an update of the features we are rolling out next week:

1. Set background wallpaper
    2. Optimized Loading for all Images in Media Folder
    3. Optimized Loading for LinkedIn users with 1000+ connections
    4. Bug fixes

Morning Crackberry Nation!

Our app (CONTEXT CUBE 3D) has just been approved by the Blackberry App Store - the happiest day of my life

I'll request all my fellow BB users to please give the app a spin. We've been developing this for over a year and I've stuck to my guns on developing exclusively on the Playbook - Yup - just for the Playbook - we want RIM to succeed just as much CB Nation.

The application is a highly integrated tool that combines information from your Playbook data, social networks and other information to give you a 3 Dimensional tool with layers of information.

Here are some of the things you can do out of the box:

1. Central repository for 3 social networks - FB, Twitter and LinkedIn
    2. Contextual info for each of the 3 networks (remember to swipe down with 2 fingers on the cube face e.g. Facebook)
    3. Media repository that displays locally stored content in 3D Rings
    4. MP3Tunes Integration - sign up for MP3Tunes; upload ur songs and play it off ur Playbook wherever you go ( you do not need to store the songs locally on your PB)
    5. Works with Blackberry Bridge
    6. Shake your PlayBook to refresh all data
    7. Works with Google Maps to provide analytic information about your friends residing in locations across the Globe
    8. People search - allows you to quickly search for contacts within ANY of the 3 social networks

We've had a few downloads since this morning and received positive feedback & feature requests which we're working on cranking out RIGHT now. So please do share your inputs too.

If you have a large social network, the below point will make sense to most geeks like me

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE APP WILL TAKE A WHILE TO LOAD THE FIRST TIME AS IT IS PROCESSING THROUGH TONS OF DATA ACROSS YOUR NETWORKS AND STORAGE.

Once the basic processing is done, the app speeds up and is extremely fluid - we've worked months tweaking the performance of this - but the first load completely depends on your data .e.g Someone with 1000 + connections MUST understand that it takes a while to analyze the data.

Gestures:

1. Double tap from any cube face (e.g. News) to open
    2. Double tap to exit back to home
    3. CONTEXT MODE - Use a two finger swipe to enter Context Mode in FaceBook OR Twitter OR LinkedIn - (Social Cube)

I've spent a year developing this (started last July) - all I request is that my fellow members be patient with my app and help me improve it.

The app is free for now. We hope to improve it and pray it makes money someday

Here is the link. Pls try it and send me your feedback. Again, pls allow initial load times for the app to consolidate your data.

Context Cube 3D Beta - BlackBerry App World

Thank you all and here's hoping for the best
    Last edited by PN009; 06-10-12 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Updates for users
    ptpete, joski, CrackBB.com and 2 others like this.
    06-01-12 11:03 AM
    Just installed.

Looks neat, and I like how you automate the feedback process on context clicks.

For future feature requests, how about a background image and maybe sort of theme system to adjust the colors of the cubes?
    06-01-12 02:18 PM
    Can and will be done.

We evaluated giving the 'color' option for the cubes in the past; but came across issues where the colors were too light (causing a higher degree of transparency and hence low readability)

Give us a week to get the wallpaper option rolled out - I will keep this post updated with new features as and when I release them.

Thank you all for downloading - pls keep the reviews coming in - it really does help!!!

PN
    06-01-12 04:55 PM
    Thanks for the awesome app gave it 5 stars you deserve it. Cant wait for future updates.
    The only things that bugged me a little was that it wasn't able to open my pictures(maybe its because i have almost 300?) and the load bar would just sit there and i couldn't go back to the menu.
    P.s: Can the expanded news article be viewed from inside the app or do i have to read it from the browser?
    PN009 likes this.
    06-01-12 05:14 PM
    I've got OS 2.0.1.358 on a 64Gb playbook. The Videos component of the app won't play the HD demo video that came with the PB displaying 'Media Error. This Media file is of an unsupported type or could not be loaded. It cannot be played.' An mp4 video that I've copied onto the PB and which works OK in the native player won't even attempt to load when I click on the top right arrow to open it, m4v files converted with FreeMake work OK.

The Pictures component only shows images in the Camera folder, not from the Photos folder.

Trying to go into the Music component I got "SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected token 'J'"
    Last edited by sharmuk; 06-01-12 at 05:20 PM.
    PN009 likes this.
    06-01-12 05:15 PM
    my AVI files work but when i expand the screen i can only hear the audio and there is a black screen
    06-01-12 05:21 PM
    Nevermind the black screen disappears after 5 seconds of waiting.
    06-01-12 05:31 PM
    My "wow" to you for the creativity!!! Lots of potential!!

My thanks for supporting our PB!!

As my hint, Perhaps you can allow users to change and personalize background picture and colors. Or as a alternative, consider tipical bb set of colors.
    06-01-12 07:00 PM
    Sharmuk,

Thanks for bringing up this question - I realize we haven't described the feature in much detail.

The Media Folder currently displays only photos and videos taken by the Playbook Camera. Why did we do this ? 2 Simple reasons - 1. We didn't want to duplicate the app function that the standard media app on the Playbook. 2. We felt it would cut down load times by avoiding a data load of ALL images and just pull PB camera images instead.

I'm open to changing the function if there is an open demand by all my fellow Crackberry users to change this functionality though. Users Just post a +1 for this feature and I'll take it from there
    z1nsane and anon(4262895) like this.
    06-01-12 08:42 PM
    Bugmeyes,

To answer your question - can the news article open within the app

Answer - Yes it can; 2 reasons we left it to be opened directly by the browser

1. Copyright issues - These are after all, news articles reported by NEWS sites - posing it as my content can lead to legal issues. We'd like to give full credit to the NEWS bureaus that report
    2. Loading up full news items would consume more memory and take more load times, we designed it so that the user can pick and chose the article he/she would like to read - this would then quickly be expanded in full HTML in the PB browser.

Hope I'm making sense.

Do let me know if you still have concerns using the NEWS function - I'll look for more ways to improve your experience with the app.

Thank you all for sending in these gems of advice. I really appreciate it
    bugmeyes likes this.
    06-01-12 08:48 PM
    I've got OS 2.0.1.358 on a 64Gb playbook. The Videos component of the app won't play the HD demo video that came with the PB displaying 'Media Error. This Media file is of an unsupported type or could not be loaded. It cannot be played.' An mp4 video that I've copied onto the PB and which works OK in the native player won't even attempt to load when I click on the top right arrow to open it, m4v files converted with FreeMake work OK.

The Pictures component only shows images in the Camera folder, not from the Photos folder.

Trying to go into the Music component I got "SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected token 'J'"
    Hi Sharmuk,

Can you please send me a screenshot of your Playbook's music folder (connect the PB to the laptop and look for the music directory - take a snapshot from your PC on what the file system looks like) and send it [email protected]

We'll look at it right away and let you know where the issue is.
    anon(4262895) likes this.
    06-01-12 08:58 PM
    Hi Sharmuk,

Can you please send me a screenshot of your Playbook's music folder (connect the PB to the laptop and look for the music directory - take a snapshot from your PC on what the file system looks like) and send it [email protected]

We'll look at it right away and let you know where the issue is.
    Sent. Let me know if you need any other information.
    06-02-12 05:34 AM
    Bugmeyes,

To answer your question - can the news article open within the app

Answer - Yes it can; 2 reasons we left it to be opened directly by the browser

1. Copyright issues - These are after all, news articles reported by NEWS sites - posing it as my content can lead to legal issues. We'd like to give full credit to the NEWS bureaus that report
    2. Loading up full news items would consume more memory and take more load times, we designed it so that the user can pick and chose the article he/she would like to read - this would then quickly be expanded in full HTML in the PB browser.

Hope I'm making sense.

Do let me know if you still have concerns using the NEWS function - I'll look for more ways to improve your experience with the app.

Thank you all for sending in these gems of advice. I really appreciate it
    Thank you for helping make the playbook great!!!!
    It completely makes sense , don't even worry about it.
    Last edited by bugmeyes; 06-02-12 at 07:35 AM.
    PN009 likes this.
    06-02-12 07:32 AM
    Tips to improve app:

-Add the ability to create a playlist
    -Add date and time to tweets in timeline
    -Open pictures and videos from twitter on browser with one tap
    -Add the ability to view twitter conversations
    -Fix problem where app either closes or stops working when trying to open the pictures cube inside Media(I have 250 pictures taken with my camera)

Well that's all i have for now but i will keep on thinking on ways to improve the experience.
    kbz1960 and PN009 like this.
    06-03-12 11:13 AM
    Nice, if I used social media I think I'd really like this.
    PN009 likes this.
    06-03-12 11:37 AM
    Nice, if I used social media I think I'd really like this.
    Thanks KBZ1960

We're working on deploying Contextual info across other Cubes as well. Just send me what you think will add value to you from a usage perspective and I'll try my best to make it happen.

It's been an uphill climb, but we're getting there - RIMPIRE will strike back and we're doing everything we can to help with momentum.

Like they say; a few good apps is all it takes to win back customers on any platform - We hope to be ONE of those; with the help of my CB fellas - Im sure we'll get there.
    06-03-12 11:50 AM
    It's great to have devs like you onboard. I'll have to ponder on what might make your app useful to me. Keep up the good work.

I'm basically just a person that likes to surf, learn about computers and help people when I can. Speaking of.... I need a life I see I post way too much on here, not all helping either, a lot of opinion also lol.
    SlcCorrado and PN009 like this.
    06-03-12 12:05 PM
    Must be updating on appworld? I just hit the link to lol at it again and I get an app world error but the main Page loads.
    06-03-12 12:11 PM
    Not sure about the AppWorld errors - we've been seeing a few issues there too. But this would have to do with RIM's servers and not ours. I tried loading the app up form App World on my PB again and it seemed fine. Pls check again and let me know?
    06-03-12 12:23 PM
    Oh I know it's an app world issue. Using the link in the OP I get an app world error, hit OK and it takes me to the main page. Searching for cube doesn't find your app but app world search is terrible also. I did find it by opening app world and searching for the full name.

Edit: I didn't reread the thread but does it work over bridge? Thanks
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-03-12 at 12:39 PM.
    06-03-12 12:36 PM
    Yes sir, it does with Bridge

Just shake your Playbook and it'll refresh all the data at once

Hope you like it.
    06-03-12 05:58 PM
    Well since it is free for now anyway I guess no reason not to try it.
    06-03-12 06:07 PM
    Well since it is free for now anyway I guess no reason not to try it.
    Thanks KBZ1960 The below Video and article post should help you use the app better

Context Cube 3D - YouTube

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ube-3d-727934/
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-12 06:28 PM
    Tips to improve app:

-Add the ability to create a playlist
    -Add date and time to tweets in timeline
    -Open pictures and videos from twitter on browser with one tap
    -Add the ability to view twitter conversations
    -Fix problem where app either closes or stops working when trying to open the pictures cube inside Media(I have 250 pictures taken with my camera)

Well that's all i have for now but i will keep on thinking on ways to improve the experience.
    Thanks bugmeyes,

Some of these are already on our 'to-develop list'. Stay tuned... you may just see all of the above being rolled out soon

Keep spreading the word for us - we need all the inputs we can get.
    bugmeyes likes this.
    06-03-12 06:37 PM
    Looks interesting but I uninstalled it after 5 minutes. I will not allow you access to ALL my information in social sites like Facebook.
    06-03-12 07:02 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD