1. STE
    I just bought Monopoly in the sale.

I clicked purchase and all that, then I got 2 confirmation emails, one from RIM and one from PayPal.

My PlayBook ran out of battery when the download had began so i charged it and turned it back on. I then went to check my world and monopoly wasnt there. I tried searching monopoly and it said Purchase.

Does anyone know what I could do, thanks.
    01-28-12 02:56 PM
    The email receipt from App World that you received has a support contact email in it.
    01-28-12 03:05 PM
  3. STE
    The email receipt from App World that you received has a support contact email in it.
    Thanks, didnt notice this when i read it quickly
    01-28-12 03:10 PM
    Some have suggested to move forward with the PURCHASE (obviously don't complete if the next screens don't show) and when you do, you will be informed you have already purchased and to re-install. AGAIN, do not complete the final steps if it does not offer re-install.

If things go wrong:

Send an email to appworldbilling@rim.com

They have been good at refunds if necessary.
    01-28-12 03:17 PM
    Click the purchase button again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-28-12 03:20 PM
  6. STE
    I contacted the email given by rim in the email and got given the WORST customer service in the world.

1) he didnt know what the playbook was
    2) he didnt kmow they had apps on the playbook
    3) he said he checked the recordd but then later told me he checked the android records

He then gave me a form to fill in and he said he would forward it to the right department and they will sort it out.

wow...

Edit: if i get no joy with this, I will email the RIM email somebody suggested, thanks
    01-28-12 04:17 PM
    I contacted the email given by rim in the email and got given the WORST customer service in the world.

1) he didnt know what the playbook was
    2) he didnt kmow they had apps on the playbook
    3) he said he checked the recordd but then later told me he checked the android records

He then gave me a form to fill in and he said he would forward it to the right department and they will sort it out.

wow...

Edit: if i get no joy with this, I will email the RIM email somebody suggested, thanks

And that was directly emailing RIM
    01-28-12 04:20 PM
  8. STE
    And that was directly emailing RIM
    Nope, that was EA live support
    01-28-12 04:23 PM
    As others have said press purchase again and it should tell you you already bought it and it will start downloading.
    01-28-12 04:40 PM
  10. STE
    To people who said purchase again, it worked thanks!!
    01-28-12 05:26 PM
    allthough your experience to purchase was odd, its a great quality game.

monopoly is worth every penny
    01-28-12 05:43 PM
    the new price is 4.99 but when I tried to purchase it gives me 3.75$
    01-28-12 06:18 PM
    I would buy Monopoly for $5 - but in the UK it's still 10 - equivalent to FIFTEEN DOLLARS. Does it cost $10 more bandwidth for us to download it it in the UK? Somebody somewhere is taking the p1ss.

Sorry - for that price I'll go rooting in the cupboard & get the non electronic version out.
    01-28-12 08:46 PM
    I bought it last week and I love it. Had some friends over tonight with a bottle (or 2) of red wine. We hooked it up to the HDMI and had a blast playing Monopoly. Its just the thing PB needs to move ahead. Several people here were like wow that is so cool. After we played Monopoly we watched you tube and just had a great time laughing. I love the PB
    FF22 and Sesami like this.
    01-28-12 10:33 PM
    yes, the game is very well done. only complaint is I think the AI user is playing with loaded dice, anyone else notice that ?

trav, your post just confirmed that I really need to pick up an hdmi cable. This would be great on the tv.
    01-29-12 08:35 AM
    it is still showing full price here in india.
    01-29-12 01:01 PM
    yes, the game is very well done. only complaint is I think the AI user is playing with loaded dice, anyone else notice that ?

trav, your post just confirmed that I really need to pick up an hdmi cable. This would be great on the tv.
    I have played 25 games now; not won one. I'm not sure about loaded dice, but the dice rolls certainly do seem to favour the AI

Either that, or I need to brush up on my skills at this game.
    01-29-12 01:38 PM
    Just got a notification to upgrade to 1.0.63... not sure what it updates... maybe it's like the NFS update to make it compatible with 2.0?
    01-30-12 04:05 PM
    Just got a notification to upgrade to 1.0.63... not sure what it updates... maybe it's like the NFS update to make it compatible with 2.0?
    That could be it to. Upgrading mines now.
    01-30-12 09:53 PM
    I have played 25 games now; not won one. I'm not sure about loaded dice, but the dice rolls certainly do seem to favour the AI

Either that, or I need to brush up on my skills at this game.
    My score is 5wins/6 games played but there have been a bunch that I abandoned cuz I knew I was going to lose early.

Against the AI, you can use the fact that they won't mortgage anything to gain more money during an auction to either make them overspend or safely outbid them.

But your biggest asset is their terrible trading sense. I usually wait to let them offer me something good, maybe with a little tweaking on my end. But I'm playing now, and one AI got an early lead with houses on light blue, and I didn't have anything. The other AI initiated a trade wanting a yellow from me...and I counter offered for 1 yellow for 2 of his greens. And it accepted! The problem is that they also trade terribly with each other, which is how one AI completed the light blue zone in the first place...

Also, never accept trades or pass a sale that would help them complete a property unless you get to complete one too or you're on the winning stretch. There were times where I let them complete a zone and their luck then became godlike and mine became total crap.
    01-31-12 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD