When is the beta coming out Jotsy? Very excited to try out this app! I registered for updates on your site too
    12-27-11 06:58 PM
    Finally, a PDF annotation app, all in HTML5. Great job, guys @ Jotsy.
    12-27-11 07:52 PM
    What's taking RIM so long to publish jotsy to the appworld, I just can't wait, I have been checking the appworld every few hours since the 24th
    12-28-11 05:50 AM
    I just emailed them again for a status update.
    marksasongko and eryanc like this.
    12-28-11 08:27 AM
    What's taking RIM so long to publish jotsy to the appworld, I just can't wait, I have been checking the appworld every few hours since the 24th
    Same here! Jotsy will be such a value add to the PlayBook! Hope someone is working at RIM this week..no new apps have come in except those stupid digi-media books and puzzles
    12-28-11 08:57 AM
    come on RIM, get it out already!!! I'm not on vacation today, not until the 31st, why should you?
    12-28-11 10:43 AM
    jotsy is ouuut, yaaayyy
    01-02-12 07:37 AM
    jotsy is ouuut, yaaayyy
    Awesome! Downloading now... will update this post with a v.quick review.

Update:

Pros:
    - Pen, highlighting and text annotation!!!

Cons:
    - PDF scrolling is not as smooth as I would have liked... it is a bit stuttery
    - There is no easy way of knowing what page you are on (no page X out of Y anywhere) nor is there a visual scroll bar to tell you where you are at
    - You need to sync your .pdf's from your PC to Jotsy first before you can annotate... no support of annotating .pdf's already on the PlayBook/from Dropbox/from e-mail/from internet
    - Need to download PC sync component from jotsy.com but nothing there
    Last edited by emtunc; 01-02-12 at 08:04 AM.
    01-02-12 07:47 AM
    well, the app is kinda slow, but I guess it's RIM's fault with poor html5 engine. It's a great idea, using it is fun but I think it needs a feature where it could open pdfs stored locally (you don't have to use the sync feature).
    01-02-12 07:52 AM
    Awesome. How do you install the computer component so I can sync some files and start some of this sweet action?
    01-02-12 07:53 AM
    Cons:
    - You need to sync your .pdf's from your PC to Jotsy first before you can annotate... no support of annotating .pdf's already on the PlayBook/from Dropbox/from e-mail/from internet
    Wow, that was unexpected... big con that one
    01-02-12 08:05 AM
    To be fair, in the app description it does state:

"subsequent pay-for-use versions will be regularly released beginning in Q1/2012, with extensions to storage methods, enhanced security, multiple document formats, and a few other surprises'
    For me atm it is not very user friendly... the main ones for me are local storage and smoother scrolling.
    01-02-12 08:14 AM
    Functionally the app looks promising, I really like the movable menu. We'll see how much it improves when it goes commercial.
    01-02-12 08:52 AM
    I got the playbook app and installed from AppWorld but the PC component doesn't seem to be available at jotsy.com. Anyone able to get it?
    01-02-12 09:00 AM
    The features you mention are being released in a January and February release.
    marksasongko and thor778 like this.
    01-02-12 09:35 AM
    I got the playbook app and installed from AppWorld but the PC component doesn't seem to be available at jotsy.com. Anyone able to get it?
    The new Jotsy.com website will be up soon. We expected more of a delay when did our final post to AppWorld. Sorry about that.
    marksasongko and lotuslanderz like this.
    01-02-12 09:36 AM
    To be fair, in the app description it does state:

For me atm it is not very user friendly... the main ones for me are local storage and smoother scrolling.
    There are a lot more features coming soon (Jan and Feb releases) including those mentioned by you. The delay of the 2.0 version of the OS was a challenge for us. We were determined to get a version out as per our commitment at DevCon.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    01-02-12 09:44 AM
    The features you mention are being released in a January and February release.
    Great news! Thanks for the heads-up.
    01-02-12 10:39 AM
    Jotsy or any of the existing users:

Where do I download the PC component from?
    jotsy.com only shows a sign up page.
    01-02-12 11:01 AM
    Jotsy or any of the existing users:

Where do I download the PC component from?
    jotsy.com only shows a sign up page.
    It's not on the website yet.. Soon (they mentioned couple of posts up).
    gtamhankar likes this.
    01-02-12 11:07 AM
    I just checked for this last night in appworld. looking forward to testing it out tonight.
    01-02-12 11:54 AM
    All,
    You can register for the download @ http://jotsy.com/download

I personally will wait for local storage as I prefer that to synching between PC and tablet.
    gtamhankar likes this.
    01-02-12 11:56 AM
    All,
    The new Jotsy: Annotate files on your Playbook. And beyond. is available. Here you'll find more product info, and the synchronization .exe for download to our PC. This will allow you to transfer files onto your PB.

If you have visited the old jotsy.com you may need to clear your browser cache to see the new site (IP addresses may not have fully propagated yet.)

Thanks to everyone for your early interest!
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-02-12 12:51 PM
    Jotsy.com should be live now.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    01-02-12 01:37 PM
    Did download jotsy but the performance inst good jet ( os 1.0.8) still a verry usefull app
    01-02-12 01:37 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD