Already on my PB and waiting for the PC download link.
    Thanks!!!
    01-02-12 01:38 PM
    Have it set up. Found it a little hard to find my Jotsy folder on my computer but eventually found it. The annotations sync well but the formatting is off between the playbook markups and the annotated PDF(eg the highlited region on the annotated pdf is several milimeters off that which was highlited on the PB).

Hope the bugs get worked out before this is pretty cool.
    01-02-12 01:39 PM
    I have also got Jotsy up and working and already did a test with a couple of PDFs. My early review is that it seems to be not quite there yet...

Issues I already found:

1. Jotsy seemed to choke on a complicated PDF (page proofs of a Journal article). Fonts and formatting in the PDF were not rendered correctly.

2. Slow scrolling performance on larger PDFs. Froze completely on me once.

3. No access to local files on the playbook is annoying.

4. You cannot re-position a text note once it has been created and it is hard to get it in the right place the first time.

Of course this is still a beta version. It looks like it has a lot of potential so I hope these issues get worked out.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    01-02-12 02:26 PM
    Is there supposed to be a direct link for the PC download? I filled out the form to get the link but didn't receive an email
    01-02-12 02:41 PM
    Is there supposed to be a direct link for the PC download? I filled out the form to get the link but didn't receive an email
    Try this @ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3607718/Jotsy-Sync.exe
    sd.87 likes this.
    01-02-12 02:45 PM
    Excellent, thanks!
    01-02-12 02:48 PM
    Nice, looking forward to try this app!
    01-02-12 03:13 PM
    I was hoping for a search function... Anyone find that?
    01-02-12 03:17 PM
    No support for a Mac platform, that sucks.
    Hopefully the developer will release an update with Mac compatibility soon.
    01-02-12 03:23 PM
    All,
    The new Jotsy: Annotate files on your Playbook. And beyond. is available. Here you'll find more product info, and the synchronization .exe for download to our PC. This will allow you to transfer files onto your PB.

If you have visited the old jotsy.com you may need to clear your browser cache to see the new site (IP addresses may not have fully propagated yet.)

Thanks to everyone for your early interest!
    Are there any performance differences between using OS1 vs OS2 beta?
    Really looking forward to February and the additional functions.
    morph_ca likes this.
    01-02-12 03:40 PM
    I was hoping for a search function... Anyone find that?
    In an earlier post, the developer said it's coming in February.
    01-02-12 03:41 PM
    Thanks for your comments re complicated typeset found in journals and manuscripts. This is an actve area for us and will be addressed in future releases.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    01-02-12 04:13 PM
    Firstly, thanks Jotsy - so far it looks pretty nice.
    Please please please bring out access to local files. It would be excellent to use this for local files and to replace the limited Adobe Reader as the main reader on the PB. I will note that I have zero interest in a monthly fee and a PC sync tool as I would rather annotate and email it from my PB with native email. I am hoping you will have a version with a one-time payment that does not provide the sync as I don't like having a bunch of apps running on my PC from different companies all for their sync solutions when email is sufficient for most of these types of things.
    01-02-12 04:58 PM
    Thanks for your comments re complicated typeset found in journals and manuscripts. This is an actve area for us and will be addressed in future releases.
    Good to know. I just went through an article from Nature and noticed that some of the colours in the figures did not show up in the Jotsy version. Also, I had a hard time getting to the end of the 12-pg article (1200 kb file) as Jotsy froze on me repeatedly. This file opened fine in Acrobat Reader. All in all, I can see tons of potential in Jotsy and am looking forward to the upcoming features.
    01-02-12 05:18 PM
    i agree with the above post on a one-time fee and getting rid of pc sync. the point of my playbook is to free me from my office, not tie me to yet another sync agent. have it connect to dropbox and email, and this will be ideal.

a monthly fee is a non-starter. are you delivering new content and information as an ongoing service to me that would warrant a monthly subscription? this product fills a tool gap and a valuable one, so i'll pay the upfront cost.
    01-02-12 07:19 PM
    i agree with the above post on a one-time fee and getting rid of pc sync. the point of my playbook is to free me from my office, not tie me to yet another sync agent. have it connect to dropbox and email, and this will be ideal.

a monthly fee is a non-starter. are you delivering new content and information as an ongoing service to me that would warrant a monthly subscription? this product fills a tool gap and a valuable one, so i'll pay the upfront cost.
    On the paid app question, we agree that a one time fee is most appropriate for individual users. We can't disclose pricing yet but it will be competitive with similar apps. Corporate and institutional users will likely have different fee structures based on their respective needs.

Secure PC synch was an important method for us to solve and make available, given the desire of corporate and institutional users to maintain secure control over their documents. In addition, local synch to PB files is clearly a desired feature for individual users. We will have different methods of document management available in future releases. Thanks to all who provide feedback, your input will continue to inform the Jotsy product roadmap.
    01-02-12 08:09 PM
    I really want to like this app, but there is so much lag when scrolling much more than I really expected. Why are there still no great PDF readers? Is the format a resource hog?
    01-02-12 10:19 PM
    Downloaded this last night and I think so far its fantastic, great job.

There are a few hiccups that have been addressed earlier in this thread, but keep in mind that this is a beta release.

One thing I didnt see noted is that I moved the tools so the J was in the bottom corner, however this made it so the Tools button was hidden beneath the bezel so I couldnt tap it to move it again.

Again, great job, and I'm looking forward to using this in the field.

Thanks
    01-03-12 08:21 AM
    need help with the pc sync download... it keeps telling me "Failed to submit your request. Please try later or log your issue via the Support Page".

any one else run into the same problem and what they did to fix it?

thanks
    01-03-12 02:51 PM
    need help with the pc sync download... it keeps telling me "Failed to submit your request. Please try later or log your issue via the Support Page".

any one else run into the same problem and what they did to fix it?

thanks
    Is this when you put your e-mail in for the download?
    If so, see my earlier post for a direct link @ http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ml#post6991559
    01-03-12 02:56 PM
    My desktop is a Mac Mini, I know I can't sync yet.

Why can't I open pdf files that are already on my playbook?
    01-03-12 07:04 PM
    id like to put in addtional request to read pdf that from directly in my playbook. regular sync right now is not secure. If I was on a public wifi and another use happens to be on the same wifi and the ip is the same (i dont think its too remote a possibility seeing as most routers start with same ip) and I just guess (or accidentally did not change my wifi sync ip on my pb) i will access other's files.. or they will get my files. kinda a big big 'opps' imo
    01-06-12 09:50 AM
    really nice so idea liking it atm. I have a few feature suggestions and hopefuly constructve criticisms though.

some type of bookmark feature i have been using this to find quotes to use in a dissertation and some of the documents are quite long when i come back to put them in. so a feature to quickly bring these up would be good.

having an export feature which provides the full reference details in harvard or other styles would be cool as well

the drawing tool is great but i dont like the eraser, being able to add sketches is handy but having to delete whole strokes is annoying.

it is a bit laggy going through documents and is not as smooth as using the native one.

might be worth having a few different versions as im sure a business user wouldnt be interested in being able to reference quotes etc.
    01-06-12 03:20 PM
    Hey all, looking for some help here.

I downloaded the jotsy app to playbook and laptop. On the PB, it shows 2 documents, a FAQ and User guide.

On the PC, it downloaded a Jotsy folder to program files (x86) and within this folder can be found: bin, conf, dist, docs folders and an uninstall icon. Within the docs folder can be found duplicate FAQ and User guide .pdfs

On the desktop, there is a shortcut to a jotsy folder which is located in "documents" and contains an "annotated" sub folder.

My problem:

Upon my first sync to the ip address provided by the jotsy app, The FAQ and User guides immediately disappeared into cyberspace and I now have a "no documents found" message on my PB. I have tried copying the FAQ file plus a couple ofmy own .pdfs from the programs folder into the "annotated" folder and resynced but to no avail. I have updated Java on my laptop, deleted and reinstalled the apps twice on both PB and laptop but the same situation has repeated itself each time.

Any advice would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Scrapegoat; 01-14-12 at 07:40 PM.
    01-14-12 09:01 AM
    bump......... anyone?
    01-14-12 07:41 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD