I finally got a chance to see the end of the Devcon webcast.
    There's a cool webworks app called Jotsy that is used off-line to mark up pdf files. Apparently it's coming with OS2. It looks great!

Check it out. Go to the 70 minute mark:
    Webcast Replay Part 2

or read the summary here:
    Jotsy Document Annotator Unveiled At BlackBerry DevCon - Mobile Magazine
    ignites likes this.
    10-19-11 12:13 AM
    its great..is the PDF printable with the notes on them after using this app?

where is the 'search' function on a PDF to start of with?
    10-19-11 12:42 AM
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!
    10-19-11 12:59 AM
    i would pay for that.. just dont tell the developer :P
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-19-11 10:03 AM
    Does anyone know if this is going to be released in February with 2.0 or in Q4 because at devcon the guy said its going to come out with 2.0 but their website says Q4 of this year.
    11-18-11 07:31 PM
    Actually there's a version coming out in December in advance of OS 2.0 with a formal launch happening in January. You can sign up for updates at Jotsy.com.
    12-01-11 12:06 PM
    Notes, highlights and annotations will follow your PDF documents for printing and sharing. You will also be able to markup all MS Office documents as well.
    12-01-11 12:10 PM
    Actually there's a version coming out in December in advance of OS 2.0 with a formal launch happening in January. You can sign up for updates at Jotsy.com.
    Thanks for the info. Your app sounds like a welcome addition to App World.
    12-01-11 12:47 PM
    Thanks for the info. Your app sounds like a welcome addition to App World.
    Thank you. We hope so. The next version coming in early February will have some really advanced features and interesting integration options.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    12-01-11 01:53 PM
    Will it support a search functionality?
    12-01-11 02:19 PM
    Thank you. We hope so. The next version coming in early February will have some really advanced features and interesting integration options.
    awesome!!!!
    12-01-11 04:54 PM
    are you also developing pdf support zezke? I promised myself that I'd buy apps that support pdfs from devs that I had "bugged" before for pdf. That includes you and Igor of bookreader.
    12-01-11 04:57 PM
    Yes. Search is on the list of features for the February release.
    12-01-11 06:11 PM
    Got an email that Jotsy beta has been sent to AppWorld for approval. This is big for the Playbook! Good work - can't wait to see it.
    12-23-11 04:00 PM
    What about bookmarks? Are bookmarks on the radar ?
    luigigosc likes this.
    12-23-11 04:03 PM
    Got an email that Jotsy beta has been sent to AppWorld for approval. This is big for the Playbook! Good work - can't wait to see it.
    I got this mail also... couldn't help but notice the "exclusive "Bear Paw" menu pane"... sounds interesting to say the least.
    12-23-11 04:05 PM
    Can't wait to try it. When is it going to be in app world?

Jotsy-βeta ships to BlackBerry App World
    Date: December 23. 2011
    Circulation: For immediate release to Jotsy early adopters and registered parties
    Jotsy Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Jotsy-βeta, the first production version of our
    powerful app that provides a secure means to annotate documents on BlackBerry Playbook.
    The innovative features of Jotsy will allow users to:
    ANNOTATE - Directly apply handwritten or typed comments and coloured highlights
    NAVIGATE – The exclusive “Bear Paw” menu pane (patent pending) goes beyond traditional
    drop down menus
    SYNCH – Manage annotated documents using various storage solutions
    Following our demonstration of Jotsy features at BlackBerry DevCon 2011, we committed to
    delivering a production version of the app in Q4/2011. Jotsy-βeta provides support for PDF files
    on the BlackBerry Playbook, and document synchronization to a local PC. Jotsy-βeta will be
    available for free download on a Limited Time Offer from the BlackBerry App World (following
    certification by RIM), at which time we will also launch the redesigned jotsy.com.
    Jotsy-βeta is built on HTML5 and incorporates powerful document rendering technologies.
    Subsequent pay-for-use versions will be regularly released beginning in Q1/2012, with
    extensions to storage methods, enhanced security, multiple document formats, and a few other
    surprises.
    We would like to thank those of you who have expressed early interest in Jotsy, and have
    provided encouragement and other forms of support.
    Kind regards,
    The Jotsy Team
    Are you ready to Jotsy?
    12-23-11 05:20 PM
    However long it takes over the holidays for someone at RIM to approve it, I suppose.
    12-23-11 07:20 PM
    exciting!! definitely looking forward to this, more so than native e-mail.
    12-23-11 07:59 PM
    This is great. This will be an awesome app to extend my PlayBooks functionality at work. Also being a web developer, I'm very interested to see such a great app developed using webworks.
    12-23-11 08:24 PM
    This looks like a fantastic app, ive been waiting patiently for this to come out for some time, so this is great news!
    12-23-11 09:56 PM
    bring it on jotsy, can't wait to try it out..
    12-23-11 10:50 PM
    What about bookmarks? Are bookmarks on the radar ?
    Yes. Bookmarks will be included in our Feb release.
    12-27-11 08:11 AM
    when and how much? Please be under $5 =).. If you're real nice 1.99? (hopefully)
    12-27-11 12:25 PM
    This app would be so fantastic for school, hope it's released before the new semester starts.

And I don't care what the price is, if it's as useful as it you say it will be then it will be worth the price, even $10 or more. I've always said, if you have to ask what the price is, then you can't afford it and/or shouldn't be buying it...
    12-27-11 01:04 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD