I signed up for updates on Jotsy: Annotate files on your Playbook. And beyond., and received an email today.

The main point was "Jotsy Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Jotsy-βeta, the first production version of our powerful app that provides a secure means to annotate documents on BlackBerry Playbook."

Anyone know when this beta will be out?
    12-23-11 09:10 PM
    I signed up for updates on Jotsy: Annotate files on your Playbook. And beyond., and received an email today.

The main point was "Jotsy Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Jotsy-βeta, the first production version of our powerful app that provides a secure means to annotate documents on BlackBerry Playbook."

Anyone know when this beta will be out?
    It is out now! Check it out.. Just used it for the first time and it looks pretty nice!

One issue with the PC-Sync installer.. It didn't create the shortcut on my desktop to the document folder you're supposed to put files into to have them sync to your PB. I dug around in the install folder and found a properties file that showed the following path:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Jotsy

Once I created a shortcut on my desktop to that folder, and then dragged a few PDF files into it, I was able to annotate as intended. When I finished annotating, I uploaded the annotated one back and now I have a new PDF that includes my annotations. Pretty slick!

Now I need to figure out what ports it uses to sync.
    01-03-12 09:45 AM
    It is out now! Check it out.. Just used it for the first time and it looks pretty nice!

One issue with the PC-Sync installer.. It didn't create the shortcut on my desktop to the document folder you're supposed to put files into to have them sync to your PB. I dug around in the install folder and found a properties file that showed the following path:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Jotsy

Once I created a shortcut on my desktop to that folder, and then dragged a few PDF files into it, I was able to annotate as intended. When I finished annotating, I uploaded the annotated one back and now I have a new PDF that includes my annotations. Pretty slick!

Now I need to figure out what ports it uses to sync.
    I believe (when I looked at it yesterday) it uses 55555 for communications.
    01-03-12 10:01 AM
    I found it thanks! My PC-component did install a desktop folder, with the same path as yours. I put a pdf in there, but when I try to sync from my playbook either through bridge and wifi, it says there was a problem syncing. I hovered over the jotsy icon and got my ip ###.###.##.# and put that in my pb, but doesnt work :s

any tips?
    01-03-12 01:46 PM
    Hi Marauder,
    Were you able to solve your syncing problem? I'm getting the same message.
    01-15-12 12:43 AM
    For me it was working when I first installed it but now I am getting a synch error - try again. I uninstalled and reinstalled on my PC and PB but no luck.
    01-15-12 07:45 AM
    No I haven't managed to fix it yet. After emailing Jotsy support they provided me with a test file to try to sync in case I was trying to sync too many files, or too large of a fill. Still no luck so I was told to open the file C:\Program Files\Jotsy\conf\log4j.properties in Notepad and change a line then report my findings to them. I will try it later and report back
    01-15-12 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD