Jotsy the awesome all HTML 5 pdf reader and annotation tool demoed at this past devcon just got a big 2.0 update. If you haven't already tried it, I highly recommend you check it out.

This version comes with box.net support so it's a big one. I'll report on other changes.
    Last edited by mikelcal; 02-02-12 at 01:32 AM.
    02-02-12 01:29 AM
    The reader is still laggy and still no local file access.
    Is this optimised for OS2 only and not OS1?
    Will there be Dropbox support also?
    02-02-12 01:51 AM
    Without access to the tablet file system this application is not sufficient for my needs.
    mud314 likes this.
    02-02-12 06:21 AM
    Why is there no file access in the first place? And where can I find the support for Box.net? I can't seem to find it anywhere?
    02-02-12 10:40 AM
    The app is optimized for the PB 2.0 browser. Scrolling will definitely improve with PB 2.0.
    02-02-12 12:09 PM
    Box connectivity to your existing Box account is done through the PC sync component. This is available at JOTSY DOT COM. Let us know at SUPPORT AT JOTSY DOT COM if you have file transfer problems.

As for local file access, we're thinking carefully about which native features to include, which to some extent will depend on OS version.

Access to other cloud and enterprise network storage solutions is also under consideration for future versions.

Hope this helps.
    Rob Robertson likes this.
    02-02-12 12:15 PM
    Box connectivity to your existing Box account is done through the PC sync component. This is available at JOTSY DOT COM. Let us know at SUPPORT AT JOTSY DOT COM if you have file transfer problems.

As for local file access, we're thinking carefully about which native features to include, which to some extent will depend on OS version.

Access to other cloud and enterprise network storage solutions is also under consideration for future versions.

Hope this helps.
    If you need any feedback to the features you are thinking of implementing, we are here
    (you shouldn't have to worry about OS version too much as majority of users will be on latest OS)

Also, Dropbox is probably the most well known document synching solution out there so please implement this in the next release - and don't make it depend on the PC sync component as that is just silly
    02-02-12 01:46 PM
    When this can read local pdf's etc I will be the first one to pay/download it. Till then its useless to me.
    02-02-12 01:54 PM
    I do not understand the local access problem. I have opened and edited files when my host PC is off so the PDF must be stored locally. I have searced for the folder assuming I could simply move PDFs into this folder and have access (have not found it).
    Am I missing something? It seems the catch is that you simply do not have a file manager in Jotsy that will allow you to access the files locally but in fact the files are indeed stored on the PB. Anyone?
    02-02-12 03:22 PM
    I seem to be in agreement with others, while it is a nice app no local access is a sinker. I also don't understand why box.net over dropbox. I need local access for it to be a viable option as a pdf reader.
    mud314 likes this.
    02-02-12 04:04 PM
    Why doesn't Jotsy have direct access to pdfs on the playbook or phone

Like wtf
    02-02-12 05:21 PM
    If you use a file explorer and open a pdf does it open with Jotsy?
    02-02-12 05:42 PM
    No. You can only sync with a Jotsy application on a pc
    02-02-12 07:42 PM
    ya i want this as a native app!!
    02-04-12 02:31 PM
    I've been trying to sync with my pc but it keeps saying there are no files found. Same with Box.net sync which I went to the site for and logged on as instructed. No luck.
    nateroop likes this.
    02-05-12 08:28 AM
    I have only been able to sync to my laptop once with Jotsy. i've upgraded and reinstalled several times and it still doesn't work. i've pretty much given up on it now. back to printing pdfs.....
    02-07-12 01:55 AM
    It has issues reading pdfs with equations in it... it jumbles everything up and changed the paragraph indentation... sigh
    02-22-12 01:02 PM
    where's the update? I still can't see the full updated version for 2.0, anytime soon??? and please make it available to access local files on the PlayBook and that would be a success.
    02-22-12 06:43 PM
    I think Jotsy should tie themselves with Print to Go. That would be pretty awesome (add PDF reading and editing capability) to PTG.
    Morbium likes this.
    02-22-12 07:06 PM
    I just can't complete the document sync process to my PlayBook, I enter the IP adress, and it sends me an error message, anybody having the same issue??'
    02-24-12 10:01 AM
    Considering this is THE #1 asked for component of Jotsy in your app store reviews, you might just want to do something a little stronger than think carefully. Local PDF file access with search/annotate/bookmark capabilities. Until then, I'll continue using sideloaded Repliga as my PDF needs as it accomplishes local PDF file functions exquisitely.
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 02-24-12 at 11:09 AM.
    02-24-12 11:06 AM
    In the construction industry marking up and annotating PDFs of construction documents is critical. I would love to see more apps that could be used in the construction industry and I think this app has the potential to do that. I just downloaded the app but have yet to set it up. Lack of local access is pretty critical to me, I get PDFs emailed from architects, engineers and subs directly to me and having the ability to open the attachment, mark it up and send it back or off to someone else would be great. I would definately pay for an app that did this effectively.
    02-24-12 11:25 AM
    Considering this is THE #1 asked for component of Jotsy in your app store reviews, you might just want to do something a little stronger than think carefully. Local PDF file access with search/annotate/bookmark capabilities. Until then, I'll continue using sideloaded Repliga as my PDF needs as it accomplishes local PDF file functions exquisitely.
    this. entirely. except my Repliga doesn't want to open right now... grrr.
    02-24-12 12:59 PM
    I have to agree with the others on this. This sounds like a great concept, but what's the point if we cannot access the files locally. I almost want to say fail, but I won't because it does have great potential, just not really there yet.
    02-24-12 02:03 PM
    They need to have the ability to use files stored in the cloud on Box.net, and also to have access to local files on the PlayBook or it's useless for me, I haven't been able to sync a single pdf to my playbook on Jotsy.
    02-24-12 02:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD