04-26-12 11:22 PM
    Neat, how did you implement. It?
    04-26-12 11:26 PM
    Looks cool, But don't see the app in app world
    04-26-12 11:34 PM
    The UI looks nice but this isnt a true Netflix solution as it requires an app to be installed on the user's PC.
    04-26-12 11:36 PM
    Looks cool, But don't see the app in app world
    the title of the thread says "its coming" meaning its not there yet
    Jamaicangirl81 likes this.
    04-26-12 11:39 PM
    LOL, guess i need to read a little better.
    04-26-12 11:47 PM
    Looks pretty sweet! Perhaps this app will light the proverbial fire under Netflix's ? And get them moving a little bit faster on a solution.
    danielbigham likes this.
    04-27-12 12:15 AM
    Is this where you use your computer as a media server and access through the Playbook... If so it is not an app and am not sure what is "coming"?????

This is where youtube videos are a bit decieving as there is no audio and no mention on at and how it is actually done.... I have done the same using splashdesktop... with netflix running on my computer I can access from my Playbook which then can be hooked up to the HD TV.....

A bit more hard info would be handy.....
    04-27-12 12:16 AM
    Is this where you use your computer as a media server and access through the Playbook... If so it is not an app and am not sure what is "coming"?????

Seems like you nailed it. See here- Flix
    04-27-12 01:07 AM
    There is no program in app world called "Flix". Be careful with this.
    04-27-12 07:48 AM
    There is no program in app world called "Flix". Be careful with this.
    It says "Soon to be released" .. Guess its not there yet..
    04-27-12 07:52 AM
    Kind of stupid anyways. Can only use it on your wifi LAN. If thats the case I just pull it up on one of my big screens.
    04-27-12 07:58 AM
    For those incapable of reading the description on youtube...

"Demo video for "Flix", my soon-to-be-released app for the BlackBerry PlayBook."

But yeah, it's not direct streaming if it needs something installed on the PC bridging it. But if you're a subscriber, it's a start. Won't make me go back t NetFlix though.
    fbloise likes this.
    04-27-12 08:02 AM
    The load times are slow but looks cool. I will stick with PLayon for now
    04-27-12 08:04 AM
    The website seems to suggest its already in appworld.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 04-27-12 at 08:32 AM.
    baldo likes this.
    04-27-12 08:10 AM
    Just to clarify for people, this app hasn't been released yet. As people have suggested, note the title of the post: "It's coming"!

I was hoping to release it this weekend but it's looking like it probably won't be approved in time...

My hope with the app is to create something close to an official Netflix app experience, and for it to be cheaper than PlayOn, which is $50 to purchase outright. Splashtop works decently, so if that works for you, you might be part of the crowd that isn't wishing there was a better Netflix experience on the PlayBook. Personally I'm looking for a tighter user experience than Splashtop provides for Netflix viewing.

Part of it is marketing too.. it is likely more obvious to people looking to watch Netflix that they can do so with an app specific to Netflix, as opposed to Splashtop, which is primarily marketed as a remote desktop app. (For more technical users, this is less of an issue)
    fbloise, KermEd and NursingNinja like this.
    04-27-12 08:39 AM
    Thank you very much for developing this app, i'm sure a lot of people will find it useful, unfortunately for me the app is of no use, if i have to be on the same wifi network as my pc to be able to watch Netflix on the PB i'd rather watch it on the PC instead, even with remote access, having to leave my pc turned on to be able to stream, is a deal breaker for me.
    baldo likes this.
    04-27-12 10:02 AM
    I normally watch TV from home so this sounds good to me if it is a one else time cost rather than monthly with PlayOn. I can't afford to stream video through my phone anhways as I use 100GB of Netflix in a month when I'm really bored
    danielbigham likes this.
    04-27-12 11:09 AM
    I normally watch TV from home so this sounds good to me if it is a one else time cost rather than monthly with PlayOn. I can't afford to stream video through my phone anhways as I use 100GB of Netflix in a month when I'm really bored
    Exactly -- the irony is that, although the PlayBook is the perfect device for watching Netflix away from home, no one is going to want to use their mobile data plan to watch movies. (Or at least, not me -- I get a measly 1 GB/month)

So it would seem that watching at home would be the typical use case for most people. For example, our little 3 year old likes to crawl into bed with us in the morning and watch videos on the PlayBook. We've been restricted to YouTube so far, but most of his content is on Netflix, so this will be a nice app for us to have as a family.
    04-27-12 02:10 PM
    That looks pretty cool. I will definitely try it out when it's available.

Now if I could just get something for slingbox streaming, I'd be set!
    04-27-12 02:30 PM
    Exactly -- the irony is that, although the PlayBook is the perfect device for watching Netflix away from home, no one is going to want to use their mobile data plan to watch movies. (Or at least, not me -- I get a measly 1 GB/month)
    Yes but there are lots of wifi hotspots away from home, no need to use your mobile data plan.
    04-27-12 04:03 PM
    This is nothing new There's a few apps already available on
    Appworld that will let you watch Netflix on your PB.
    When I had Netflix I was using playon to stream on my PB
    here's my Youtube video watching Netflix off my phones 3G data
    04-27-12 04:07 PM

So it would seem that watching at home would be the typical use case for most people. For example, our little 3 year old likes to crawl into bed with us in the morning and watch videos on the PlayBook. We've been restricted to YouTube so far, but most of his content is on Netflix, so this will be a nice app for us to have as a family.
    Yes, Rogers sucks, we pay a lot for that 1GB!

I wouldn�t siphon off work or friends wifi either. Maybe Starbucks...
    04-27-12 04:15 PM
    This is nothing new There's a few apps already available on
    Appworld that will let you watch Netflix on your PB.
    When I had Netflix I was using playon to stream on my PB
    here's my Youtube video watching Netflix off my phones 3G data
    It was actually PlayOn that inspired me to realize that it wasn't rocket science to write an app like this... I just didn't want to pay $50, and I figured most people wouldn't want to pay that either... and the user experience of browsing Netflix movies, at least as exposed by Tablet TV, if that's what the typical PlayOn/PlayBook workaround looks like, left something to be desired.
    04-27-12 05:21 PM
    Thanks for creating this app! I am looking for to give it a spin. Just curious if it will work for Hulu?
    04-27-12 09:05 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD