Hi Everyone,

I have had my Playbook for about a month and it is everything that I have expected and needed it to be and more!

I have encountered an issue when trying to purchase paid apps through app world, I keep on getting error 13000 (something on how my credit card cannot be authenticated or something like that.)

I have searched and read some people with the same issue and the current fix seems to be creating a new BB ID that wasn't previously attached to a BB phone, or using paypal. Both of which I would like to try to avoid if possible

I have also tried 3 different credit cards to no avail. I also tried changing the credit card info from a computer through the app world site.

I'd like to see if any other people have had this issue and if they have a method on how to get this error code resolved so I can start buying apps!

I can DL free apps with no issues, it is just the paid apps I currently cannot DL

Thanks in advance,

08-19-11 06:25 PM
    KB27348-Error ID 13000 is encountered when attempting to purchase an application from BlackBerry App World

The official support item.

I also read that maybe you should try going in like you are going to do Paypal, but then backout and try the Credit card again?
    08-19-11 06:42 PM
    Thanks for the response, I did read that site and tried doing as they said. Going on my PC and going through app world to change my credit card info (instead of my PB or 9800), then waiting an hr...and it still didn't work. I have also tried changing my CC info on my 9800 and PB and that hasn't worked either. I have tried CC, Debit as well.

I will try that paypal trick though and see if that works.
    08-19-11 06:59 PM
    Did you get this working? Mine's not and it's driving me insane. Did the RIM recommended workarounds, no go. Created all new BBID, wiped PB, registered w/ new BBID, same error. Tried faking using PayPal and backing out (effectively logging out and logging back in), no go either. Haven't been this frustrated in a while.... :P
    09-29-11 10:56 PM
    Well, RIM still haven't fixed this!

Even got a ticket number.

Their response is that it is a "known problem" and their credit card provider - DIGITAL RIVER is working hard to fix it!

Well, they better get moving.

DIGITAL RIVER put through 15 approvals on my credit card and the security/loss prevention for the card called me and wanted to know why there were so many approvals gone to DIGITAL RIVER! Turns out its their FAULT that they can't process approvals from credit cards!

GET THIS FIXED!

The support guy gave me the DIGITAL RIVER website and they advertise that they are available GLOBALLY to process payments. Gee, I just want to buy a 99cent APP and they can't get that right!

What is RIM doing using this crappy payment system?

The RIM tech kept repeating that "its a known problem". Well get the known problem fixed and it won't be a problem any longer!
    10-11-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD