Has any one attempted to develop an app like this or is it something that RIM wouldn't even allow into Appworld? - I'm currently based in Ireland and would love to watch BBC iPlayer on my PlayBook - Currently I miss everything shown back in the UK as iPlayer isn't available here. An app to cloak my IP address automatically would be an awesome thing!
    07-07-11 07:18 PM
    Why not just set a proxy in the wifi settings. That's basically what proxies are for.
    07-07-11 07:33 PM
    Yeah I know...but that means searching for them and re-typing them...and hoping it's not just a 'honey pot'. - A well built app would solve this problem perfectly.
    07-07-11 07:38 PM
    You aren't just trying to hide your ipaddress though right, don't you actually need it to show up as a specific location? Otherwise location based services aren't going to work anyhow.

There are web based ip hiding services but I dunno if they work with the PB browser.
    07-07-11 07:43 PM
    Yeah you're right...I have to cloak my IP with a IP based in the UK. I usually do this via Hide Mt ***. - I tried it tonight on the PlayBook, but my WIFI is playing up, so I can't tell if its the PB Browser or my connection. I'll try later tomorrow.

- I still think an app that could do all this like those sites could be in demand.
    07-07-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD