Had some peculiar battery health readings this weekend using Battery Guru. The reading had been constant at 96% since I started watching it over the last month. Friday my Torch bricked and after reinstalling the OS I couldn't bridge. I ended up reinstalling my PB OS back to 1.08. I noticed my battery health was down to 64%. I deleted Guru, restarted my PB and reloaded Guru then used for the next two days. Still at 64%.

Last night I again upgraded the OS to 2.0.0.4x. When I awoke this morning my battery health is shown as 79%. I'll send this info to the developer, but just wondering if anyone else has seen fluctuating measurements.
    11-28-11 07:18 AM
    Mine has been very consistent, over the last couple of months - started at 99% and now at 98%...
    11-28-11 08:18 AM
    Altarocks, I can't really explain why that sort of thing happens from time to time, to some people, but it's nothing due to Battery Guru. All readings are reported unchanged from what the OS provides, so RIM people would be the only ones who could really provide an explanation.

I think you can expect, however, that the reading will recover more or less back to 96% within a day or two. I don't believe anyone who's had that problem and whose battery is not defective has had the health plummet instantly like that and not recover after a couple of full recharge cycles.

You might be able to help it along by doing a full drain (discharge until it shuts itself off, or at least till you've been on 0% for a while) and a full recharge (until Battery Guru shows 0.000W for the power, not just until it hits 100%).

Also feel free to forward the export file with your readings, but note that you won't be able to do that until I issue an update. Just yesterday we tracked down the cause of an issue with the recent updates (both 1.0.8 and the 2.0 update) which prevents you from actually reading/copying that export file once it's in the documents folder. We have a fix for that, but want to try to fix the GUI issue with the missing/shifted axis scale labels in the same update, if possible, and don't have a fix for that ready yet.
    11-28-11 08:46 AM
    Also, I wouldn't be too concerned about the change in health that coincided with you updating to 2.0. It's either purely coincidence, since that value can change at any time, or they've simply changed the algorithm they use to calculate "health" with 2.0, and once you updated they maybe reapplied the algorithm to some record of recent history, and you're seeing the results of that different algorithm.

RIM publishes no information about this (yet) so we can only speculate.
    11-28-11 08:48 AM
    Thanks Peter. I did peform a full discharge and recharge yesterday before moving back to OS 2. I'll watch it over the next couple days. Hopefully it continues to come back. Love the app by the way.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-28-11 08:57 AM
    Oddly enough I'm back to showing 64% health. Didn't do anything that I know of to impact this. Just looked up at one point and 64% was showing.

BTW, I forgot to point out that the reason I started watching the readings closely occurred before I re-installed OS2. I had been using my PB for a while watching video - probably 30-60 minutes. After watching I noticed my battery was still shown at 100% even though it wasn't plugged in while using. It was only after seeing this that I started paying attention to battery health. These oddities make me wonder if the beta might be contributing to funky readings.
    11-28-11 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD