Hi all

Is it possible to install apps without going through app world on the playbook ?

we are currently develloping some very specific software for our company and it works fine on our android devices, we don't want this software to go on app world hence the question.

Regards

Masterdraco
    05-13-11 05:27 AM
    me the same interested
    05-13-11 05:33 AM
    It's not currently possible.

You would need to contact RIM directly to see if it is going to be possible in the future.
    05-13-11 06:01 AM
    I would not be surprised if Apple sues Rim for "stealing" the idea that only Big Brother can be in charge of what we install on our computer.
    05-13-11 08:31 AM
    If it's an app you developed yourself you can install it on your own PlayBook(s). You have to either sign it by getting RIM signing keys and signing it or use debug tokens.

Signing an app does not mean you have to submit it and distribute through AppWorld.
    05-13-11 09:01 AM
    Hopefully down the road we will be able to do direct installs via OTA..
    05-13-11 09:13 AM
    I predict that someone will jailbreak the Playbook in the future.
    05-13-11 01:33 PM
    If you are signed up as a developer with RIM (it's free) you can then install your app onto a PlayBook. You will need to still sign the app, but that't not a problem, your app never has to go anywhere near the App World
    05-13-11 01:50 PM
    I don't know if it's ok to post this, but here PlayBook Apps Installer Method BerryReview Forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 02:07 PM
    If it's an app you developed yourself you can install it on your own PlayBook(s). You have to either sign it by getting RIM signing keys and signing it or use debug tokens.

Signing an app does not mean you have to submit it and distribute through AppWorld.
    Sounds like something sad. And if I bought, a plot of land from someone I have to get permission what cultivate ?
    Last edited by .Shogun.; 05-13-11 at 03:54 PM.
    05-13-11 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD