hello guys.. i have been trying to install a APP on PB from PC but unable to do it.. can anyone please tell me how can i install a APP on PB from PC ?
    01-21-12 11:54 AM
    hello guys.. i have been trying to install a APP on PB from PC but unable to do it.. can anyone please tell me how can i install a APP on PB from PC ?
    Only apps specifically designed and packaged for PB can be loaded onto your device. Normally, apps can only be installed from App World on your PlayBook.

Developers and others can sideload signed bar files using developer tools. It is not clear from your post if this is what you had in mind.
    01-21-12 12:19 PM
    Apps are installed through App World.
    01-21-12 12:20 PM
    Use this tool to install app from your PC onto your Playbook.
    (Click on image to download file.)
    You PB must be in development mode, to get there click on the gear (top right of Playbook screen, Go to the Security Tab, and click development mode.)
    Once development mode is on there will be a symbol there (a person with a gear on them) touch that and your I.P address will pop-up!
    Hope this helps, reply if you need any further help!
    nieedo3 likes this.
    01-21-12 12:28 PM
    Use this tool to install app from your PC onto your Playbook. Click to view quoted image

(Click on image to download file.)
    You PB must be in development mode, to get there click on the gear (top right of Playbook screen, Go to the Security Tab, and click development mode.)
    Once development mode is on there will be a symbol there (a person with a gear on them) touch that and your I.P address will pop-up!
    Hope this helps, reply if you need any further help!
    thanks for your help, i enabled developer mode but y am i seeing a msg "expires in 10 days" any solution for that ?
    01-21-12 12:35 PM
    thanks for your help, i enabled developer mode but y am i seeing a msg "expires in 10 days" any solution for that ?
    Nope - just enable the dev mode again in 10 days :-))))
    01-21-12 12:50 PM
    Nope - just enable the dev mode again in 10 days :-))))
    sorry i did not understand what r u saying? .. can u please explain ?
    01-21-12 12:53 PM
    You do want to install Android app, isn't it ?
    If not, just use the AppWorld from your Playbook or with your PB Linked by USB to your PC/MAC, using the appworld web site: appworld.blackberry.com
    01-21-12 12:54 PM
    After the developer mode will expire in 10 days: enable it again. That's it!
    nieedo3 likes this.
    01-21-12 12:58 PM
    Please clarify which kind of file you wish to install from your PC so we can give you proper advice.

You only need developer mode if you are a developer or if you have in your possession a valid PB app (file name must have the extension "bar"). The tool proposed by another poster is designed to simplify the deployment process if you are an advanced user but not a developer. Ordinary consumers do not have a need for this tool. Also note that apps designed for BB smart phones are not compatible with PB.
    nieedo3 and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-21-12 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD