I tried to find an existing thread but none answered my question properly. My girlfriend got a playbook and I am wondering if there is any way for her to access my app "world" and download the apps/games I have already paid for. Kind if like in iOS you just change the login info under settings, download what you want and then change the login again.

I know you can change the BB ID under settings, but my main concern is that a problem could occur when I log on to hers, seeing that the same BB ID would be on two playbooks at the same time. If that will not happen, or you know of a way to transfer apps without any security wipes, I'd appreciate your help!
    10-04-12 12:09 AM
    From what I know you can use the same BB ID and you get to install those apps.. It prompts you for a change of device everytime I think.. Drawback is that you don't get to VideoChat with each other..
    Well this is what I know from reading around overtime and haven't ever tried it myself..
    10-04-12 12:32 AM
    Just use the same Blackberry ID for the other Playbook, go into the uninstalled apps and all your apps that you have paid for/downloaded will be there.

Oh and video chat will still work as you can enter the Playbook pin number as the contact instead of the Blackberry ID.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    bdegrande likes this.
    10-04-12 05:46 AM
    Oh and video chat will still work as you can enter the Playbook pin number as the contact instead of the Blackberry ID.
    Have you actually been able to get that to work or are you theorizing? I have yet to be able to make that work when both PBs are using the same ID and haven't read of anyone successfully doing it.
    10-05-12 01:49 PM
    Have you actually been able to get that to work or are you theorizing?
    Tried it at home on the weekend and it did not work, though I believe this was due to being on the same wi-fi network - not sure if video chat works at all using the same network even if they had separate ID's. I haven't tried it with the two playbooks on separate wi-fi networks.

10-15-12 10:50 AM
    don't see why it wouldn't work on the same network, I do it from time to time, putting 2 playbooks face to face and making them echo each other for giggles lol

Tried it at home on the weekend and it did not work, though I believe this was due to being on the same wi-fi network - not sure if video chat works at all using the same network even if they had separate ID's. I haven't tried it with the two playbooks on separate wi-fi networks.

10-15-12 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD