This weekend is a great weekend to release the new version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 12:46 PM
    This weekend is a great weekend to release the new version.
    I agree, It is shaping up to be a fabulous weekend to get this thing straightened out.
    06-11-11 01:58 AM
    I waited for a week prior to disputing and mysteriously within minutes of disputing i received my new code.. I even had sent them a private message via cb
    06-11-11 12:27 PM
    CB has been made aware of what's going on here. Also, I think I figured out why he is sending codes after disputes. Take my situation for example, I closed my dispute after he sent the code and can no longer reopen it due to his failure to release the update as promised. Pretty much every here has done the same. HOWEVER, I've contacted PayPal with the details. It's not about 2.99 but it's about stopping a so called developer from ripping off other forum members.

Update: PayPal just escalated to their fraud department.
    Last edited by mscooley; 06-11-11 at 07:07 PM.
    06-11-11 06:56 PM
    i dont get it why did all of you request new codes ? after i got the initial one i never had to reinstall for example am i missing something here ?? i do fell ripped off though - even if it's 'only' $3
    06-11-11 07:14 PM
    i dont get it why did all of you request new codes ? after i got the initial one i never had to reinstall for example am i missing something here ?? i do fell ripped off though - even if it's 'only' $3
    Beats me. All I did was reboot my Playbook a day or so later and suddenly, I was back on trial which lasted one day then the app was forcing me to pay again.
    06-11-11 07:15 PM
    Deleted it off my PB and will now ask for a refund. Just a matter of whats right.

This author is AWOL and to think I defended them and almost had them do some
    programing for me.

Tim
    mscooley likes this.
    06-11-11 11:29 PM
    guys... maybe they are busy... not trying ti make an excuse but lets say its one to two guys working here... maybe they arent having enough time to build the app and deal with emails and now youre disputes with paypal... i would say if you needed a new code the you should email them wait for like at least 72 hours then email again... then i could see a dispute being opened... but really after 48 hours?? just my thoughts...

thought i would like an update... lol i did as well buy a code and mine is working perfectly since day 1
    06-13-11 09:57 PM
    guys... maybe they are busy... not trying ti make an excuse but lets say its one to two guys working here... maybe they arent having enough time to build the app and deal with emails and now youre disputes with paypal... i would say if you needed a new code the you should email them wait for like at least 72 hours then email again... then i could see a dispute being opened... but really after 48 hours?? just my thoughts...

thought i would like an update... lol i did as well buy a code and mine is working perfectly since day 1
    and the lack of communication is explained by...?
    06-13-11 10:05 PM
    I'm among those that ponied up the beta fee, and owing to an unrelated reinstall of the OS, had to request a new code. As this happened in my case within a day or two of the beta release, I received the code without dispute or complaint. It could well be that Aiflex has been overwhelmed by events only partially of their own making and beyond their ability to control or to fully redress. However you view it, Aiflex has made errors in judgment and in communicating and has either been unwilling or unable to correct, but I think it fair to say they owe at least some public statement as to status, even if that turns out to be they are still hanging fire.

If you paid close attention, you would have seen the initial release of aMail as planned, was going to have some limitations. In my case, I was privately pressing Aiflex to allow me to have an early version, which they declined politely, saying that they were trying to be careful and were going to allow only a very limited beta release. My sense then was that they were getting an avalanche of similar requests, and perhaps part of their unfortunate decision to price the beta as they did was to dampen down the numbers clamoring for it. No doubt they also needed the cash, as their product has been in limbo a month longer than they had planned. Mistakes were made.

Part of the downside of this basically free and open exchange on Crackberry (and on similar sites) is there are few barriers to the registering of the archest of opinions, which, as a general rule, rarely reflect a fair assessment of people, companies and events. It is inevitable that a lot of what we read is hyperbole, good and bad. This device sucks, that company is evil, the other developer is a scoundrel or a crook. Or this device is an epochal singularity on its own which will devour everything and everyone in its path. One CEO is a cerebral mutant able to see and dictate the future. What is truly dispiriting is the way the professional tech press has frequently adopted a similar tone, which only feeds the angry maw. One of the best things about Crackberry's main site is the way that they are rational, even when enthusiastic, the way they make plain where they have a rooting interest, but still manage to present sane, valuable commentary and content.

Aiflex has been through this gauntlet, emerging from obscurity, temporarily filling the vacuum RIM allowed to develop. What entrepreneur could resist that opportunity? Hope and support for Aiflex soared, only to be replaced by disappointment and bitter accusations. All in the space of a few weeks and despite the fact that the product hasn't even been released yet! If I am not mistaken, Aiflex is not the only company to have promised and submitted an app without it being released. I don't know anything about the owners of Aiflex (I have no idea of who they are) but I worry that this volatility, which can be problematic for even Fortune 500 Companies, might be crippling for smaller companies trying to make their way. It remains to be seen whether Aiflex can deliver or just how serious their mistakes will prove. I am willing to stay my small bet on them.
    Last edited by mmcpher; 06-13-11 at 11:12 PM.
    06-13-11 11:09 PM
    Some folks are reporting that "Side Loading" apps is now blocked. If true, this will further hurt things for AiFlex.

Tim
    06-13-11 11:15 PM
    my side loaded apps work perfectly fine
    06-13-11 11:28 PM
    and the lack of communication is explained by...?
    if you read my whole post then you will see... if the are busy trying to fix the app then maybe they are having a hard time responding... simple... again, i dont know how the company is run or how many people are developing. understand... again not trying to come up with excuses... but mmcpher is right a statement saying that maybe they are busy would put a alot of minds to rest.
    06-13-11 11:33 PM
    if you read my whole post then you will see... if the are busy trying to fix the app then maybe they are having a hard time responding... simple... again, i dont know how the company is run or how many people are developing. understand... again not trying to come up with excuses... but mmcpher is right a statement saying that maybe they are busy would put a alot of minds to rest.
    More people would be sympathetic to that theory if AiFlex hadn't advertised a ready to release product submitted to AppWorld, then continuously blamed RIM for letting it sit awaiting approval for quite some time, then strung it out longer stating that RIM had told them "Ooops. We dropped the ball" and then continued to let it sit awaiting approval again. At this point, it's pretty obvious they simply advertised an incomplete product based on their intentions/goals and not on what they'd accomplished, and are struggling to make it work. And to be quite honest, I've been a bit skeptical believing a decent functional and secure email app developed from Adobe Air or Webworks is conceivably doable.
    mscooley likes this.
    06-14-11 12:15 AM
    And to be quite honest, I've been a bit skeptical believing a decent functional and secure email app developed from Adobe Air or Webworks is conceivably doable.
    Same here, both due to limitations of the platform and the need to do it from scratch in a short timeframe. Of course everyone here is still too huffy about wasting their $2.99 on a broken beta proof-of-concept to care. (I thankfully didn't, since the app didn't actually work.)
    06-14-11 05:16 AM
    More people would be sympathetic to that theory if AiFlex hadn't advertised a ready to release product submitted to AppWorld, then continuously blamed RIM for letting it sit awaiting approval for quite some time, then strung it out longer stating that RIM had told them "Ooops. We dropped the ball" and then continued to let it sit awaiting approval again. At this point, it's pretty obvious they simply advertised an incomplete product based on their intentions/goals and not on what they'd accomplished, and are struggling to make it work. And to be quite honest, I've been a bit skeptical believing a decent functional and secure email app developed from Adobe Air or Webworks is conceivably doable.
    This guy will never get it..

Got my refund and leaving the thread..

Tim
    06-14-11 08:15 AM
    Sorry, but it takes all of 2 minutes to say "hey we're still here." Not buying it.
    06-14-11 09:47 AM
    have any of you worried about your security and if they are just trying to get passwords or other sensitive info? i hate to wonder about things like that but this is just wrong and doesnt seem on the up and up anymore
    06-14-11 11:10 AM
    That would be some kind of well thought out scam. I don't want to beleive that this is the motive but......

That in mind, do you simply open a dispuite with PAYPAL and your mney is refunded ?? Is it that simple ?
    06-14-11 02:24 PM
    That in mind, do you simply open a dispuite with PAYPAL and your mney is refunded ?? Is it that simple ?
    When you file a dispute, they contact the person with whom you are contesting payment, and if they can't provide sufficient proof that they provided you with whatever goods or services you paid for, then it's refunded to you.
    06-14-11 02:46 PM
    Well they make other software (AVNC) so if it is a shoot and run, they would bring out only one package? I think send some overpriced lawyers were send to them by RIM

06-14-11 02:51 PM
    That would be some kind of well thought out scam. I don't want to beleive that this is the motive but......

i truly dont believe that either. This type of software i am always cautious with because its sensitive data.
    06-14-11 05:13 PM
    Well they make other software (AVNC) so if it is a shoot and run, they would bring out only one package? I think send some overpriced lawyers were send to them by RIM

The promised update for aVNC has never arrived either. You still can't right click.

Tim
    06-14-11 05:41 PM
    Is this program will not be published in the app world?
    06-15-11 10:55 AM
    Give it where it is due. The developer did refund my paypal account for the cost of the application. This whole story is really dissappointing in my opinion. He had a bird's nest sitting on the ground if it could have been delivered. I just can't help but feel there is a novel of epic proportions on why this hasn't come to fruition. Sad we will likely never know it........

The Hankster
    06-15-11 11:13 AM
222 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD