Strangely silent from the developer at this point. Sent them an email but no word. Can someone tell me how to remove the AMail bar file from my Playbook? Losing hope on this as of now. Thanks.

The Hankster
    05-31-11 01:52 PM
    Strangely silent from the developer at this point. Sent them an email but no word. Can someone tell me how to remove the AMail bar file from my Playbook? Losing hope on this as of now. Thanks.

The Hankster
    Have you tried reversing the instructions? I can't remember exactly but I want to say there was a remove option also.
    05-31-11 01:56 PM

The Hankster
    Can't you just delete the app like any other? (ie, Go into all app tab, hold finger down on icon.. When it starts to wiggle, click the X icon to delete the app..)
    mscooley likes this.
    05-31-11 02:10 PM
    Can't you just delete the app like any other? (ie, Go into all app tab, hold finger down on icon.. When it starts to wiggle, click the X icon to delete the app..)
    Yep, deletes just like any other app.
    05-31-11 02:12 PM
    Thank you very much. That's all I needed to know and I appreciate your reply.
    Mitch
    05-31-11 02:17 PM
    Of course there's a reason. The reason being that they can't get their own native email app out and they don't want someone else to get the jump on it.
    From a marketing standpoint there is no reason for RIM to hold back this or an app for the PlayBook...
    05-31-11 02:24 PM
    Dang it. The obvious always gets me.
    05-31-11 02:33 PM
    Can someone confirm this? Thanks.

The Hankster

05-31-11 02:35 PM
    Can someone confirm this? Thanks.

The Hankster
    It definitely wiggles and jiggles and the trash can is present, so I'm guessing yes. I use the app so I'm not deleting it.
    05-31-11 02:39 PM
    From a marketing standpoint there is no reason for RIM to hold back this or an app for the PlayBook...
    Perhaps. But from a "face saving" standpoint, there is every reason. How embarrassing that RIM didn't have a native email app for the Playbook at release, then states "one is on the way". A developer puts one out there quickly that is quite elegant and functional within a month and RIM's email app is still "on the way".

Nope RIM can't (probably won't) let anyone's email app get released before theirs.

Look at all the work aFlex needed to come up with to get the app out to the world and still try to make the money he's due for it.

RIM has made it impossible for devs of this type of app, and dang hard for their Playbook users.
    05-31-11 02:48 PM
    Perhaps. But from a "face saving" standpoint, there is every reason. How embarrassing that RIM didn't have a native email app for the Playbook at release, then states "one is on the way". A developer puts one out there quickly that is quite elegant and functional within a month and RIM's email app is still "on the way".

Nope RIM can't (probably won't) let anyone's email app get released before theirs.

Look at all the work aFlex needed to come up with to get the app out to the world and still try to make the money he's due for it.

RIM has made it impossible for devs of this type of app, and dang hard for their Playbook users.
    A email app is better then no email app regardless of where it comes from...
    mscooley likes this.
    05-31-11 03:31 PM
    Haven't been able to get either the pop3 or gmail working. I really want to see the pop3 in action, as I don't really use the gmail account. The pop3 is with verizon. Anyone able to get a verizon mail account working yet?
    I was able to get POP working. Disabled SSL, Incoming 110 outgoing 25. Works great. Terrific program. Spell Check. Email Delete. Etc. a necessity but I can wait for that a bit longer. This is a good start.

Good job AiFlex. Waiting for the upgrades. I'll play guinea pig. You deserve my $2.99 for your efforts. Well done.
    megagain likes this.
    05-31-11 03:45 PM
    so far, only my gmail account will add and function. hope this update comes from them soon. i dont even use the gmail account. lol.
    05-31-11 04:15 PM
    You've got to be kidding me. 24 hour trial and then 2.99 to be a beta tester? No deleting emails?

You've shown why blackberry has not approved this.
    Mikey_T likes this.
    06-01-11 12:25 AM
    You've got to be kidding me. 24 hour trial and then 2.99 to be a beta tester? No deleting emails?

You've shown why blackberry has not approved this.
    A bit harsh. Also, like I said before, RIM does NOT deep-test apps. Theories around RIM not approving the app because of deep issues in the app are nonsense. If it fires up they will approve it.

That said, I'm kind of underwhelmed at this point. My IMAP email won't work and the GUI simply sucks. Certain aspects are really slow and the overall user experience is VERY poor. I'm a UI designer and I offered AiFlex help with the UI weeks ago but they didn't seem very interested. Kind of a shame.

At this point I'm not going to purchase. I'll wait for RIM's email client.
    tprime likes this.
    06-01-11 01:24 AM
    Nice it works fine 4 me!
    06-01-11 01:48 AM
    Great work AiFlex.

Just notice everyone that I've just updated the DDPB Installer and it's better usability now. If you are running on Win XP please make sure not to use Classic Style. Win 7 has no problem so far.

The full guide is here.

I will create a topic in this forum soon. Please try some apps first to see if it's working for you.

Index of /playbook/app

And please email me at: [email protected] if there are any problems with DDPB Installer.

Regards,

Louis.
    Last edited by louis.keeper; 06-01-11 at 02:12 AM.
    06-01-11 02:01 AM
    I don't see the point of a email client that lacks a delete option...
    06-01-11 04:35 AM
    I don't see the point of a email client that lacks a delete option...
    I agree....

No right click on aVNC and no delete on aMail.

Hope they finish things soon.

Tim
    06-01-11 06:56 AM
    i installed without issue , used it without issues , however , i don't seem to be able to find a Delete email button anywhere to get rid of any unwanted emails.

Aside from that , works great , looks great .
    06-01-11 09:12 AM
    And everyone blamed RIM... The App wasn't ready.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 09:40 AM
    And the currently pre-released version still isn't ready. Hopefully that'll change in the near future.

Writing a usable E-Mail client is no small feat, and no one in their right mind would normally do it in Adobe Air. (No, E-Mail protocols are not handled like HTTP requests.) As such, there wasn't really any obvious existing code base worth porting, and AiFlex probably had to start from near-scratch. Once more SDK options become available, hopefully the E-Mail options will increase a bit.
    06-01-11 10:02 AM
    And everyone blamed RIM... The App wasn't ready.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It was submitted to App World as communicated by AiFlex. To me that contains a message 'it's done', or at the very least 'it's in a usable state' which it obviously isn't yet.

I can completely understand now how the app didn't make it into AppWorld. I suppose RIM took a closer look at this than usual (like I said before, usually they don't really deep-test) because having an email client out there that doesn't work for many people is obviously worse than having no email client at all.

Anyway, RIM is not to blame here indeed but due to the 'submitted' status of the app it's understandable that we were all looking to blame RIM.
    06-01-11 11:46 AM
    I applaud the decision by a developer to finally grow a pair and put out an app that circumvents RIM's Appworld. Now if only RIM AND the developers would concentrate on putting out apps and products that are DONE and READY FOR PRIME TIME I'd be ecstatic.

The list of aMail's deficiencies is almost a comedic tongue in cheek pun of the entire PB fiasco to date. I mean seriously, we had all the hype and fever to get the product in hand only to realize that the to-do list was longer than the done list..... First RIM does it to us with the PB and now the app developers are in on the joke too
    06-01-11 11:57 AM
    I agree....

No right click on aVNC and no delete on aMail.

Hope they finish things soon.

Tim
    Did you bother to read before you posted?
    Includes a prequel version of aMail to that released to Blackberry. This provides underlying functionality of aMail. This release doesnt have all the features of aMail full.
    06-01-11 12:05 PM
222 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD