Can't get outlook pop account to verify, anyone else have this problem?
    05-30-11 07:19 PM
    Sent a support email to AiFlex. Hopefully they can help us out. Not worth it if I can't set up my pop accounts...............

The Hankster
    05-30-11 07:32 PM
    Can't get outlook pop account to verify, anyone else have this problem?
    Same here .. I know it will be corrected just wondering when.
    05-30-11 08:33 PM
    installed, paid and set up no problems. One thing that it needs is a delete function for email that is in the inbox. Just my thoughts so far...
    05-30-11 10:35 PM
    AiFlex has released an install pack so that you can get aMail on your playbook now. To get started

Download aMail Installer Pack.zip

Includes a prequel version of aMail to that released to Blackberry. This provides underlying functionality of aMail. This release doesnt have all the features of aMail full. However we plan to use this method to do our beta program for testing new features and hope to have a true beta release of aMail available with a wealth of new features.

Trial for 24 hours and then $2.99 (beta test program rate). We will push out packs for our latest beta release very shortly which has all of the other features submitted release and stuff we are finishing off now.

Please send us feed back we are working hard to get the latest release with all the extra features in asap. We appreciate your patience.
    this is great. waited a long time. but....anyone out there with a hankering to provide a you're too dumb to own a playbook step by step installation guide for this amail program. i have no idea what i am doing here. not everyone is a programmer. please.
    05-30-11 10:46 PM
    this is great. waited a long time. but....anyone out there with a hankering to provide a you're too dumb to own a playbook step by step installation guide for this amail program. i have no idea what i am doing here. not everyone is a programmer. please.
    Step by step is in the file.. Very easy..
    kariakoo likes this.
    05-30-11 11:36 PM
    Well I've licked my first .bar file, side-load to the PB! I'd pay $2.99 just for that thrill! I haven't gotten my email accounts set up yet, but that's par for my course. I can never remember all the settings and stuff, particularly with my verizon pop account. There are user names and user names and it always takes me a few shots. Aiflex clearly indicated the pricing and status as a beta, pre-release. The whole point of this exercise, which was made necessary because of RIM's sluggish app review process, is to get aMail installed on the Playbooks and to start identifying the bugs and let Aiflex know and then to work them out. We should be a little patient ($2.99 notwithstanding) and remember the pent up frustration over native mail is not of their making. As maddening as this is for a Playbook user, I would think its beyond that for a developer that had this thing on the boards so long and not allowed to launch. Now they've had to take the unusual step of rolling out this side.bar version, with all the added complexity. I hope this program works and my sense is it will and I'm happy to bumble on and try to help.
    05-31-11 12:27 AM
    And it works! Got an old hotmail account working. No html but i think Aiflex says that is coming by the weekend, and, of course, like everything else on PB except Word to Go, no spell check/correct.
    05-31-11 12:56 AM
    Features that are in our latest version that will be released this weekend through our beta channel coming include:

- Delete Emails
    - Offline sending
    - Background mailbox checking with notifications
    - Signatures
    - Better mailbox creation wizard
    - Rich Viewing of emails rather than plain text
    Copy/Paste is a must, please.

I'm also unable to get IMAP to work.
    05-31-11 01:11 AM
    ok aiflex. good kob on first rendition.

-i was only able to get a gmail account, none of the imap or pop would connect or authenticate. i tried 3 other email other then my gmail.
    -there currently is not way to delete email.
    -in order to get the inbox to update, you have to back out of the inbox and then reenter it,thenyou see new email
    -no option for signiture on email, and there should be one available for each email
    -no ability to 'manage ' an account, only delete the account.
    -graphics are nice for changing between email, but would be better to speed up the actions
    -when setting up email account, after moving forward through a couple settings, even though you can go back, you cannot change the email and password inf. currently, if you make a mistake, amail has to be closed and then reopened to restart the process.
    -it shows the other folders, but there is no way to move the email to another folder.
    -when creating or replying to email, you cannot add attatchments.
    -when inthe inbox, at the top under the blue arrow, it constantly says "recieving"
    -when sending mail out, would be good to see some light popup or change in an outbound folder showing all mail was sent.
    -my guess is that sending email is default to immediate, but there are settings for time options to poll for mail.
    -instead of a small blue dot for new, unread email, may be better to see it colored differently in some pastel color and/or bolded.
    -justnoticed that the notification under the blue arrow finally changed to "updated" but it was stuck to recieving, and after some time chaged finally after multiple times in and out of my inbox. (there are only 5 email in the account so sync should be instatanious)
    -no mark as unread.
    -no option for bcc in addresses.
    -have to enter email address every time reply/new email. even with no contacts on board the device,would be great if it had remembered previous entries.

i think that is all for now.
    05-31-11 01:16 AM
    oh, and really simple, when you launch the amail, and it wants to set up accounts, it says to choose from the options on the right, but the options are actually on the left.
    05-31-11 01:43 AM
    It installs correctly over wifi.
    Gmail and google apps accounts work.

Here is my feedback:
    -Great UI. Easy to use. Good job!
    -The UI is slow when opening emails.
    -Good multi-account support.
    -No support of HTML email.
    -No way to delete an email.
    -When sending an email the app does not pick up the GMAIL preferences i.e. name to display as the sender. ex: it shows "[email protected]" instead of "John Doe" as the sender
    -Attachments supported correctly
    -No support of the embedded spell checker
    -No deep integration in the PB OS: for instance when in the media, there is no way to send of picture over email using aMail -> it means aMail is an app not a superapp
    -No support of the GMAIL contact book, calendar etc.

Continue the good job!
    05-31-11 01:55 AM
    Our choice of implementing a charge for the app after trial is so that we can get dedicated users for our beta test program.
    So we're suppose to pay $2.99 for the 'privilege' of beta testing this app?? Thanks, but no thanks - unlike every other person around here I believe RIM hasn't approved this app yet for a reason...

Hope it works out for eveyone tho!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Lucky45; 05-31-11 at 02:40 AM.
    Mikey_T likes this.
    05-31-11 02:31 AM
    Step by step is in the file.. Very easy..
    super. ok how about the first step neo? d.l. to pc then sync to pb or d.l. to pb direct ? if to pb direct then i tried that but cannot open the .zip file. like i asked install for dummies (who are eager to learn).
    05-31-11 04:55 AM
    you dont put anything directly on the PB, you do it all on your PC.

mfreedmn97 likes this.
    05-31-11 05:00 AM
    So we're suppose to pay $2.99 for the 'privilege' of beta testing this app?? Thanks, but no thanks - unlike every other person around here I believe RIM hasn't approved this app yet for a reason...

Hope it works out for eveyone tho!

Of course there's a reason. The reason being that they can't get their own native email app out and they don't want someone else to get the jump on it.
    05-31-11 05:57 AM
    Installed using the command line tool from the other thread and the app is working fine with my GMail account. Looking forward to the next build!
    05-31-11 06:37 AM
    Downloaded and installed no problem. Not being able to delete a message is annoying, but no big deal really.

My big issue is that I went to buy the $2.99 version so I can use it after today, and all I keep getting is a message that they cannot charge my type of credit card (mastercard). Very frustrating as I'm not a PayPal user but would still like to purchase it.
    05-31-11 08:13 AM
    Paying $3 to act as a guinea pig is quite rich, but thanks for giving us the option.
    05-31-11 09:30 AM
    Bought it..Like it, but the no delete is a killer for actually using the program
    for business or higher volumes.

How about fixing the delete for now?

Thanks,

Tim
    05-31-11 09:53 AM
    Actually, let's first see IMAP and POP work. The whole universe of E-Mail isn't Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo, you know. And for those, the web interface is probably an acceptable stop-gap. Heck, it might even have a touch-friendly variant.
    05-31-11 09:56 AM
    Hi aMail: If you do not receive many beta testers it would look like
    1) 24 hours is far too short a time to trial-test this software. You will do better giving 7 days or, say, 100 email opening/access. Good software will sell itself. Buggy software with a 24 hour time constraint will not.
    2) The beta testing process looks cumbersome but necessary.
    05-31-11 10:19 AM
    Actually, let's first see IMAP and POP work. The whole universe of E-Mail isn't Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo, you know. And for those, the web interface is probably an acceptable stop-gap. Heck, it might even have a touch-friendly variant.
    Haven't tried the IMAP but have POP3 with my local server running.

But I agree some items are needed soon.

Tim
    05-31-11 10:28 AM
    I have downloaded, installed, purchased and activated

Here are my observations:

> The UI is definitely slow. when starting up for the first time and after that also we need to click on inbox to view emails

Enhancements request -
    1. aMail should open with a default email account and open directly with 'Inbox'. with the latest email view. currently the grey screen on the right panel looks very awkward. unless I select on of the emails, the right panel stays grey.
    2. there also should be a 'Settings' screen / function for the user where we can set certain things like default account etc.

more to come ....

Thanks again.
    05-31-11 10:45 AM
    Haven't been able to get either the pop3 or gmail working. I really want to see the pop3 in action, as I don't really use the gmail account. The pop3 is with verizon. Anyone able to get a verizon mail account working yet?
    05-31-11 01:13 PM
222 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD