Download JRE here: Java SE JRE 6u25 Download
    as i said before, thats been isntalled.... makes no sense

EDIT: got it installing now... idk what the heck was going on
    Last edited by c_86; 05-30-11 at 03:53 PM.
    05-30-11 03:49 PM
    Try un-installing the JRE , reboot your computer, re-install it, then do a final reboot. I bet that clears up your issues.
    05-30-11 03:50 PM
    Confirming this worked for me...The Hankster

Try un-installing the JRE , reboot your computer, re-install it, then do a final reboot. I bet that clears up your issues.
    05-30-11 03:52 PM
    well anyways it seems my computer wont load crackberry's website right now. but my playbook loads it fine. no wonder why i favor the tablet over the laptop, i had ti download it to my tablet and copy it to my laptop. but that wont work even though i got my ip right and all it wont download. so im not going to worry about beta to much until i get this idiotic laptop browser sorted out. so when can we expect to see the full release on app world? within 24hrs? :P
    05-30-11 04:14 PM
    For the developer. I contacted my domain host and we walked through the settings for both IMAP and Pop3 to no avail. Did a test email from their end and it was successfully sent to my Storm 2 but we are unable to get AMail to verify the account. Appears to be something on AMail's side of things. FYI

The Hankster

P.S. Would love to have a solution to this issue before I drop the $2.99 for the application. Hotmail was unsuccessful as well. Right now all that works is GMail.
    05-30-11 04:26 PM
    How do you get to the first install screen to add other email addresses?
    Will you be able to delete emails with full version!
    Last edited by BBStormOS6; 05-30-11 at 04:50 PM.
    05-30-11 04:45 PM
    Features that are in our latest version that will be released this weekend through our beta channel coming include:

- Delete Emails
    - Offline sending
    - Background mailbox checking with notifications
    - Signatures
    - Better mailbox creation wizard
    - Rich Viewing of emails rather than plain text
    mscooley likes this.
    05-30-11 05:02 PM
    I would live to try this program but dang, you have to jump through too many hoops! just provide a ota link already!
    05-30-11 05:04 PM
    I would live to try this program but dang, you have to jump through too many hoops! just provide a ota link already!
    We are working on simplifying our beta program approach. If you have any suggestions please PM me.
    05-30-11 05:09 PM
    Its not as simple providing an OTA link with the PlayBook...

Got it installed first shot (using alternate method), works pretty good so far - may purchase it and keep up with the updates
    BS that they don't just approve the damn thing in AppWorld....
    Last edited by lyricidal; 05-30-11 at 05:44 PM.
    05-30-11 05:13 PM
    ok i got it working using instructions on pdf included in download. Nice it uses the "playbook" swipe from top to access menu. Need some kind of notification alert indicating new messages. Also do i cc or bcc an email.
    05-30-11 05:16 PM
    Will we be able to purchase the beta if we choose without downloading this app at this time?
    05-30-11 05:24 PM
    Can you clarify the 2.99 part. Is that the fee for testing the app or will that count as an actual license once it is released in appworld? It seems some are confused between buying tye app and paying to try it.
    05-30-11 05:39 PM
    Can you clarify the 2.99 part. Is that the fee for testing the app or will that count as an actual license once it is released in appworld? It seems some are confused between buying tye app and paying to try it.
    Once aMail is available in App World and you purchase it. Email support@aiflex and we will be happy to refund this initial payment minus charges for transfers. You will need to email us your app world confirmation and your paypal email address so we can verify your purchase.
    05-30-11 05:57 PM
    Will we be able to purchase the beta if we choose without downloading this app at this time?
    Once you have purchased aMail anywhere. You will get updates for free and the beta update for free once we release it. However beta release will be non app world as this gives us the flexibility to have apps tested as soon as we are ready and not with a delay to approval so we can make sure we develop and deliver a very good application. We are finalizing the beta release as we speak and should have it ready soon. Like aVNC that started out with a brushed steel background aMail has been re styled to fit more with the OS styling.
    05-30-11 06:00 PM
    ok i got it working using instructions on pdf included in download. Nice it uses the "playbook" swipe from top to access menu. Need some kind of notification alert indicating new messages. Also do i cc or bcc an email.
    These are all features in our beta release. We really want to work with the community to develop this product. Thank you for your comment.
    05-30-11 06:01 PM
    Once aMail is available in App World and you purchase it. Email support@aiflex and we will be happy to refund this initial payment minus charges for transfers. You will need to email us your app world confirmation and your paypal email address so we can verify your purchase.
    awesome. thanks. about to purchase now.
    05-30-11 06:06 PM
    UPDATE: i forgot i had google's 2-step verification on. got it.

Looks like only one gmail account is supported?? Tried adding a second one and I'm stuck with connecting to host.
    Last edited by mscooley; 05-30-11 at 06:26 PM.
    05-30-11 06:18 PM
    it imstalled fine, launches, but will not authenticate any of my email for gmail, imap, or pop.

i also gladly paid the 2.99, so now would really like for it to actually work.
    05-30-11 06:22 PM
    it imstalled fine, launches, but will not authenticate any of my email for gmail, imap, or pop.

For your GMail make sure you use your entire GMail email for the username and password. Please email us directly and we can help you through [email protected]
    05-30-11 06:27 PM
    UPDATE: i forgot i had google's 2-step verification on. got it.

Looks like only one gmail account is supported?? Tried adding a second one and I'm stuck with connecting to host.
    aMail should support multiple gmail accounts. Try restarting aMail and setting up the connection. Let me know how you get on.
    05-30-11 06:29 PM

you dont by any chance have the 2 step verification enabled on your google account do you?
    05-30-11 06:29 PM
    aMail should support multiple gmail accounts. Try restarting aMail and setting up the connection. Let me know how you get on.
    im good now. had to establish a pass key for amail. im using google's 2 step verification on my main account.
    05-30-11 06:31 PM
    I can't get it to work with my Dreamhost email (IMAP).
    Has anyone else managed to do so? If so please let me now what settings to use!
    05-30-11 06:45 PM
    working fine for me on Gmail and Hotmail. Just cannot get my optimum email account to work.
    05-30-11 06:59 PM
222 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD