AiFlex has released an install pack so that you can get aMail on your playbook now. To get started

Download aMail Installer Pack.zip

Includes a prequel version of aMail to that released to Blackberry. This provides underlying functionality of aMail. This release doesnt have all the features of aMail full. However we plan to use this method to do our beta program for testing new features and hope to have a true beta release of aMail available with a wealth of new features.

Trial for 24 hours and then $2.99 (beta test program rate). We will push out packs for our latest beta release very shortly which has all of the other features submitted release and stuff we are finishing off now.

Please send us feed back we are working hard to get the latest release with all the extra features in asap. We appreciate your patience.
    Marcy likes this.
    05-30-11 01:08 PM
    Great, thanks!
    Just wonder:

Is this legal?
    05-30-11 01:15 PM
    good job.....was wondering though how do i install this app, do i have to go into developer mode or is it possible in any other way.would like to do it without having to go to that mode to install the bar files.
    05-30-11 01:22 PM
    Get the following popup box when I press the install button in the DDPB installer. "If app doesn't automatically start. Please try again". Does the Playbook have to be attached to the windows computer or it is pushed via wi-fi? Very excited to get this loaded. Any help appreciated!

The Hankster

Update. Critical to download Java 6 Update 25 for this to work. Downloaded and rebooted and was successful using AiFlex's process.
    Last edited by hankster1988; 05-30-11 at 03:35 PM. Reason: More info........
    05-30-11 01:29 PM
    another easy way to install it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/si...pworld-615199/
    mscooley likes this.
    05-30-11 01:30 PM
    Got it to load using your suggestion! Thanks.

The Hankster
    05-30-11 01:44 PM
    The readme pdf in the release pack should help you get installed.

Yes you have to put in developer mode but you can turn it off once you have installed aMail.

Please bear in mind this is a prequel version of aMail to the one submitted we will be releasing updates to move this to our beta program. The updates to this application will be free to anyone who has already purchased the application from within the app.

Also note that you have a 24 hour trial period that you can utilize by clicking 'skip'. After 24 hours you will no longer be able to use this feature.
    05-30-11 01:50 PM
    Sweet. Looking forward to this.
    05-30-11 01:54 PM
    installed using the supplied windows installer ... succesfully... seems working all rite..one thing i noticed in gmail the pictures in the mail were not opening i.e plain text being shown not rich html...dont know if this a setting issue ..will explore deeper... btw the developer mode seems to expire in 10 days is there a way to get around this or when i deactivate it the timer stops?
    05-30-11 02:01 PM
    When I set them up per settings from my domain host vendor, get "Could not connect to the mail server. Make sure you have internet connection and try again". I have internet connection so something in my settings must be off. Suggestions?

The Hankster
    05-30-11 02:03 PM
    Alternate method worked.
    05-30-11 02:05 PM
    Great, thanks!
    Just wonder:

Is this legal?
    AiFlex is releasing a *.bar release of aMail to you, which other developers have such as Searching for Humans. Every owner of a Playbook can utilize developer mode to install applications that they wish. Please note developer mode is not the same as operations called Jailbreaking for other devices like the iPhone. Developer mode is a reversible state, no destructive and non detrimental to your device. AiFlex is using this release to guage initial prequel feedback from actual users so we can better the application before approval in App World. We also plan to use this method of release so that we can release beta releases of aMail to users to get group testing and feedback quickly to help aMail evolve quickly and effectively. Our choice of implementing a charge for the app after trial is so that we can get dedicated users for our beta test program.

The installer program was not create by AiFlex and no ownership of this app is claimed. This was first covered on BerryReviews.

Thank you for downloading aMail in advance.
    05-30-11 02:07 PM
    installed using the supplied windows installer ... succesfully... seems working all rite..one thing i noticed in gmail the pictures in the mail were not opening i.e plain text being shown not rich html...dont know if this a setting issue ..will explore deeper... btw the developer mode seems to expire in 10 days is there a way to get around this or when i deactivate it the timer stops?
    You do not need to have developer mode once you have installed aMail. You can turn it off and will still have aMail installed and accessible. Developer mode is only to get the app installed.
    05-30-11 02:10 PM
    When I set them up per settings from my domain host vendor, get "Could not connect to the mail server. Make sure you have internet connection and try again". I have internet connection so something in my settings must be off. Suggestions?

The Hankster
    What provider are you using?
    05-30-11 02:11 PM
    Also, if you need to uninstall, how would one go about doing it? Also, how do you delete an email? Thanks.

Update: Well, tried all of the imap and pop settings recommended by my domain host and no go.......can't get hotmail up either. Only google account is active. Can't delete emails. Guess my expectations were incorrectly too high.

What provider are you using?
    Last edited by hankster1988; 05-30-11 at 03:03 PM.
    05-30-11 02:20 PM
    Nice. No hyperlinks in emails and no way to delete but attachment opening is nice.
    05-30-11 02:23 PM
    well there def seems no way of deleting mails or is it? the attachments seem to open correctly, my only gripe i cant see my mails in rich html.... everything is plain text. is there a way to correct this or would that be a later update
    05-30-11 02:57 PM
    AiFlex, so glad to see you got a pre-release together!!! I'll load it up now and see how it goes.

Also glad to hear my method of loading files works for the people that have tried it. I haven't used the DDPB installer yet so I'm not sure how they're loading the files (If they're using the RIM java apps or not), but I did stick with the stock loader files for a reason... Seems to always work!

Thanks again for releasing this as a beta on the forums, now the next question is, how do we pay / "donate" for the app?

EDIT: My fault, as soon as you open it up you're given the chance to purchase it now with a paypal linked page, good deal! I don't mind a 24 hour limit, but it would be nice to see a little longer time frame, like 7 days. I think you'll rope in more purchasing customers that way as they will have time to begin to rely on it, 24 hours is just enough to prove it works.
    Last edited by HaTaX; 05-30-11 at 03:35 PM.
    mscooley and Mikey_T like this.
    05-30-11 03:07 PM
    It downloads ok, but when I try to open it I get error: unable to find default app.
    05-30-11 03:29 PM
    i cant even install the bloody thing... have java installed, the program on the PC... nothing is loading it to the PB.... i dont know what i am doing wrong here
    05-30-11 03:31 PM
    i cant even install the bloody thing... have java installed, the program on the PC... nothing is loading it to the PB.... i dont know what i am doing wrong here
    Try giving these instructions a shot:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/si...pworld-615199/

Other people have said that method worked for them.
    05-30-11 03:33 PM
    "java.exe was not found in your path, is the java runtime installed?"

is what i get using your method
    05-30-11 03:39 PM
    I would start by uninstalling your JRE and re-installing the latest version from the link provided in that thread. That error says it doesn't look like the JRE is installed properly.

Remember, having Java is NOT the same as having the Java runtime environment installed on your computer. Java for web is for your web browser, while the JRE is for applications that run locally on your PC.
    05-30-11 03:44 PM
    "java.exe was not found in your path, is the java runtime installed?"

is what i get using your method
    Download JRE here: Java SE JRE 6u25 Download
    05-30-11 03:44 PM
    Also, on the application itself, it seems it has trouble connecting to some of my IMAP servers. One is an AOL account while the other is a private email service run by me. Does aMail have any issues with certificates that don't match or aren't trusted?

Would be nice if we could get an error message or code when it says it fails to authorize, it doesn't give me much to go on as to what setting to try to change.
    05-30-11 03:45 PM
222 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD