Is anyone able to get this apk file for me? Would love to see if it works on the playbook - link to android market is here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=net.metageek

Thanks!
    09-01-12 03:49 PM
    If someone who knows how to, could you please and post the download to the converted file? I promise to learn how to convert apps myself soon...I'm new to Playbook.
    01-17-13 06:07 PM
    I have already converted the latest 1.1.62 from the Play Store and converted to bar file.

App starts after side loading but nearly all functions don't work.
    01-19-13 05:41 PM
    I can confirm InSSIDer doesn't work. I also side loaded WiFi Analyzer, and this app tells me why ... Android apps don't seem to detect wifi channels independently. I think it sees a "network" ... which in the case with the PlayBook is the "BlackBerry WiFi Network".

If anyone knows of a wifi analyzer that works for PlayBook, please share. Thanks.
    02-12-13 05:53 PM
    Stupid question, but how does one go about downloading .apk apps from the google play site. Since I don't have any android devices, I want the files so I can sideload and test them on my z10.
    02-20-13 10:32 AM
    Lots of information in this forum but here is the outline (without telling you how to use it).

1. Check out BlueStacks ... load this on your PC as an Android device on your PC that you can use to download apps
    2. Install and Android app like Astro to BlueStacks to backup apps to APK
    3. Again usin Astro to copy the apk file to your local drive (I use Google Drive)
    4. Convert your APK to BAR using PlayBook .apk to .bar converter
    5. Use something like Chrome extension - PlayBook App Manager to sideload the bar file to your PlayBook.

Read up on these ... you won't find it too difficult. All the best.
    02-22-13 11:26 PM