I just saw IMT VNC on App World for free and gave it a go. Says it mainly supports Tight VNC, which is fine for me, with limited support for Real VNC. Worked straight away connecting to my PC in Australia while I'm here in Denver for work. Supports right-click, which is great, but no touch dragging or zooming.
    06-01-11 11:20 PM
    Looks like we both found it at about the same time. Like a few things IMT does, but find more things in aVNC that are better. Just lacking that dang right mouse click is all!
    06-01-11 11:51 PM
    i don,t know how to connect it my desktop, please help, thanks
    06-02-11 05:19 AM
    I keep getting Error #2031. I've opened up the firewall to 5900 and even shut it down temporarily.
    06-02-11 01:14 PM
    I need the middle click too so I can use GibbsCam.
    06-02-11 01:26 PM
    We are implementing other mouse clicks and key commands to blackberry for our 2.0 release soon. If there are any other features you would like to see please notify me.
    npunk42 likes this.
    06-02-11 06:46 PM
    We are implementing other mouse clicks and key commands to blackberry for our 2.0 release soon. If there are any other features you would like to see please notify me.
    I would love if you could make a remote desktop app like Teamviewer, i'd definitely pay for that, for VNC only i think i'll just stick with the free app.
    06-02-11 07:41 PM
    Just set this up and for Free it is a very nice and functional app
    06-02-11 08:59 PM
    got it up and running .. definetly a very nice n functional app
    06-03-11 01:03 AM
    I couldn't figure out how to use the keyboard... is it possible to use the keyboard at all?
    06-03-11 10:50 AM
    I spent a couple of hours last night attempting to use IMT VNC last night with a rather complex application that has multiple dropdown fields. text fields and a lot of context right click menu items. So I was constantly utilizing the keyboard, and the three mouse buttons. It was tricky, but I found that the "shift" key on the Playbook's keyboard was ignored. One needed to use the shift, in the Menu bar of the application. I think, this port of of the VNC client was designed to use a remote virtual keyboard rather than the Playbooks.

The implementation of the mouse buttons. takes a some time to get use to. Using the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift buttons icons in combination with the three mouse icons in the menu bar, can do just about everything you might ask for from the mouse, multi selection etc. But it was slow going trying to figure all this out. Also, sometimes the mouse refused to do anything. You would have it on left button to double click on a desktop icon to open it and nothing would happen. Seemed it had no way of presenting a double click to the server. I had to do the right click bring up the menu and select open, all while selecting different mouse modes. Was rather frustrating.

No one is going to remotely edit a powerpoint document with this application I can tell you that. The two VNC clients we have available to us right now are pretty basic applications at this time. I think a lot of research and testing needs to be done to find a good means of translating a touch interface of the Playbook to the mouse centric remote Windows system.

I really hope V 2 of aVNC becomes available soon, so I can see how they have implemented mouse actions and the right mouse click. IMT VNC is a port of a GNU implementation I believe with a few additions for touch screen use. aVNC seems to be a fresh start. I am betting both applications will need several more iterations to get this working well. Then maybe they will apply what they have learned to other applications, hopefully a RDP client next.

One suggestion I would make to both authors is to perhaps look at how the Browser does some tasks. For example press and hold. perhaps could substitute for a right click, or bring up a menu to select a mouse action.

A feature I would ask for also is
    that MULTIPLE instances of the application be allowed to run at the same time. I often need to connect to more than one server simultaneously.
    Last edited by MedChemist; 06-03-11 at 11:52 AM.
    06-03-11 11:47 AM
    Started using this yesterday, I love having a free vnc app and it's free, even better. My only complaint would be you can't save more than one connection, other than that great free app and we could use more of those.
    06-03-11 04:28 PM
    This was typed on my Thinkpad from my PlayBook using IMT VNC. Very cool. Just wish I could figure out the mouse controls.
    06-07-11 12:11 PM
    How do you use the keyboard? I opened up a terminal window on my Linux box but was unable to type in any commands. The mouse seems to work OK, but if I can't type it's useless to me.
    07-25-11 11:05 AM
    Disregard my last post. I just figured it out. It looks like it doesn't accept the input until you close the virtual keyboard.
    MedChemist likes this.
    07-25-11 11:08 AM
    i have both IMT VNC and aVNC,right now i only use IMT VNC because of two things.
    1.its lot smoother than aVNC
    2.it has this amazing option that the mouse cursor always stays centered while moving and the the whole time it follows the cursor,thats an option i never saw on any vnc client and i tested a lot on android.
    This feature is handy especially because of the smaller screen compared to 10" tablets.
    Only the buttons on the right side could be a bit bigger or something like that so you can change the left mouse click or similar things more intuitive.
    Also a scroll wheel would be amazing.
    But i am also seeing forward for the new version of aVNC,maybe it will be superior to IMT,but for now IMT has the important advantages in usage
    07-25-11 11:23 AM
    I was able to connect to x11vnc (live desktop VNC), but wasn't able to connect to tightvnc (ipaddress:1) for some reason. Anyways it was fun having my laptop hooked to the TV and sitting on my couch controlling it via the Playbook.
    07-25-11 12:02 PM
    I keep getting Error #2031. I've opened up the firewall to 5900 and even shut it down temporarily.
    I'm having the same problem... Did you get it resolved? TIA
    09-22-11 10:02 AM
    Looks like we both found it at about the same time. Like a few things IMT does, but find more things in aVNC that are better. Just lacking that dang right mouse click is all!
    Unfortunately aFlex got disgusted with RIM because of the aMail incident and probably won't attempt to update the aVNC app now. Too bad.
    09-22-11 10:29 AM
    I'm having the same problem... Did you get it resolved? TIA
    I was able to fix the Error #2031 problem by changing the port to 8080.
    10-05-11 11:42 AM
    Sorry, maybe someone can help me?
    I dont know how to popup the keyboard!
    Mousemovement is ok and working, but i cannot write anything :-(

---> I found a solution!
    Because i am a beginner with playbook i didnt know how to open the keybord just with a switch from left down corner to the middle :-)
    Last edited by mcinnocent; 01-01-12 at 08:34 AM.
    01-01-12 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD