I happened upon another VNC application this evening in App World. Its called IMT VNC (V 1.0.2). This one is free and provides better mouse control than aVNC in its current release version (V 1.7) which includes a left and right mouse click. I presently own a copy of aVNC and it has a couple of features that IMT VNC is presently lacking. Below is a comparison:

aVNC..........................................IMT VNC
    Multi Server Profiles......................Single Profile
    Active/Inactive Mode.....................Cant disable screen input
    No right mouse click ability.............Right and left button click
    Single Ctrl Alt Del key input............Separate Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys.
    .................................................I n addition to Ctrl Alt Del Key input
    Can hide controls..........................Can't hide controls
    Better Zoom via pinch....................Fit and zoom only
    Easier Pan of zoom screen..............Mouse only pans the screen
    via two finger jesture.
    Help screen

The connection options are presently the same for encoding, and color depth, but aVNC has adjustable compression, where as I see no option for that that in IMT VNC.

So if you need Right click on a mouse now and can't wait, you might want to give IMT VNC a try until the next release of aVNC comes out with better mouse control.

Now if I could get both these developers to build an RDP client to connect to Windows Servers I would be pretty happy guy. Add GoToMeeting, and Skype, and I would have a pretty good set of tools and could leave the notebook at home.
    Last edited by MedChemist; 06-01-11 at 10:47 PM.
    sayg and fnf_fiasco like this.
    06-01-11 10:43 PM
    I have tried both, I think IMT VNC has better control, if only they introduced Pinch to Zoom.
    06-01-11 11:25 PM
    Now if I could get both these developers to build an RDP client to connect to Windows Servers I would be pretty happy guy. Add GoToMeeting, and Skype, and I would have a pretty good set of tools and could leave the notebook at home.
    Exactly

Good write up on the comparison. Hopefully 1 or both will update their offering to fill the gaps in useability
    06-02-11 08:55 AM
    Nice one, Right click was essential for me and without it the PB was left at home as no use to me but I look forward to now being able to rely on it a little more.

Thanks
    06-02-11 09:59 AM
    I have tried both, I think IMT VNC has better control, if only they introduced Pinch to Zoom.
    I agree.

The right/left thing is a little odd, but it works.

Tim
    06-02-11 10:14 AM
    what does the icon with the four arrows do? also I have more than 1 computer to control be nice to be able to add more. also windows authentication for both programs is required.
    06-02-11 01:33 PM
    what does the icon with the four arrows do? also I have more than 1 computer to control be nice to be able to add more. also windows authentication for both programs is required.

I know its a older post bit thought i would reply. heh the 4aarow button switches between the screen following your mouse pointer/finger and the screen being fixed so u can scroll around the screen without it auto following you
    12-08-11 07:21 PM
    I also noticed that I have scroll bars when I'm zoomed it on IMT. The imt works well, it will only save one server, but with the bridge, I can put a collection of servers in a note pad and just copy paste what I need. Also (much to my anger) I can not purchase ANY apps at this time cause of the appworld 10k bug. ><
    12-08-11 10:59 PM
    i hav both,but i didnt use aVNC more than a couple of times and only to test it in comparison to IMT.
    Now i only use IMT,it just feels much better to be,the interface is very boring but it just gets the job done very good.
    I really like the 4arrow option where the screen follows the mouse,didnt see that on any android app,it comes handy on a 7".
    12-08-11 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD