Does anyone know if we will be able to get the IMDB app onces the new os comes out?
    01-14-12 03:59 PM
    Does anyone know if we will be able to get the IMDB app onces the new os comes out?
    I don't have an answer to the OP, but just wanted to state an opinion. The PB browser shows the imdb website beautifully. I don't quite understand why an app is necessary. The same goes for VEVO. Sorry for the tangent.
    01-14-12 04:13 PM
    I'm with jcBrunson, why do you need an app when you have a perfectly good browser?
    01-14-12 05:39 PM
    The IMDB android app does run on OS 2 beta.
    01-14-12 06:43 PM
    It does, but minus the camera capabilities.
    01-14-12 07:30 PM
    i really want my flixster app back!
    01-15-12 10:56 AM
    I'm with jcBrunson, why do you need an app when you have a perfectly good browser?
    I think because apps have more options than mobile sites, and from my own experience, apps are a bit faster.
    02-24-12 06:55 PM
    Yup... I agree. I listened in on the bbdevcon Europe webinar regarding html5 app development on the BB platform. One comment that stuck was that 80-90% of apps don't need to be native and could be simply done in html5.

Case in point, many retail sites now offer mobile versions of their websites. Futureshop, Canadian Tire, Best Buys..etc. I've used their native apps, and honestly prefer the browser version. Sure you may get some more advanced features in a native app, qrcode reader for instance, but I don't ever use them and for looking up product info is great, especially on my smaller bb bold 9900.
    02-24-12 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD