09-28-11 09:19 PM
212 ... 789
tools
    Encourage all to email Lessard. I did. Last thing I want is another ROGERS type company trying to control the market. Enough of being pushed around people. We're the customer. Push back. RIM has got to get their act together. It's not just about IM+ (but it is a great example) - this extends to pretty much everything Playbook related. What a horrible end user experience this has been. Love thhe product in fact. Hate the rest of it.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-17-11 01:11 PM
    Encourage all to email Lessard. I did..

Careful! Last time someone tried to organize something this happened:

"OK, enough! CrackBerry is not the place to plan disruptive action against RIM. Take a lead from the rioters, Teen charged for inciting riots using BlackBerry"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...kberry-637528/

I would encourage this, but don't want the thread to be closed.

Tim
    08-17-11 01:17 PM
    I was really into IM+ and like most of you really pissed at RIM for stalling this for so long, but truthfully, after buying and using RDM+, i doubt i would invest in another Shape app for playbook. RDM+ is terrible!
    Last edited by tavisdunn; 08-17-11 at 01:27 PM.
    08-17-11 01:25 PM
    I wish there was an email address i could send to.. This is ********.

Launch your native apps now, or let the devs launch there own apps.. you want this device to succeed and the reason its not gaining consumer traction is because of the lack of apps.

Focus on apps and getting app makers to make apps and release them asap... Once the platform gains consumer confidence and sales, then start being douches.
    kbz1960 and HaTaX like this.
    08-17-11 02:12 PM
    email sent.
    08-17-11 02:54 PM
    Mine sent too!
    08-18-11 11:49 AM
    Sent mine

+10
    08-18-11 12:29 PM
    IM+ for playbook (en route (never))
    08-23-11 07:41 PM
    I doubt sending e-mails to Lizzard is going to help. They don't communicate with their partners, so you think they are going to communicate with customers. This is a true CF. Maybe Lizaridis hired Lizzard and taught him his stonewalling techniques.
    08-23-11 08:22 PM
    I doubt sending e-mails to Lizzard is going to help. They don't communicate with their partners, so you think they are going to communicate with customers. This is a true CF. Maybe Lizaridis hired Lizzard and taught him his stonewalling techniques.
    I agree, inundating them with emails will just have them put you on their spam list. They have to be aware of the blog comments about the issue, yet still no movement. Their official stance has been taken by other companies in the past. Say nothing, ignore. Continue on, the problem will go away or be fixed when we get to...(insert whatever here).

Recent case involving Toyota and their faulty brakes. They basically ignored the problem for months. It hurt them. Not saying this is in the same realm as that, but same principle.
    08-24-11 09:20 AM
    Just wanted everyone on this long and painful thread to know that when I read the news today about Alec Saunders taking over as VP of Dev Relations at RIM I decided I'd try to hunt him down on Twitter and ask him to please try to get to the bottom of this total cluster f**k with IM+ for Playbook. It seems he was actually seeing my tweets. He just replied to me and said he was looking into it! Maybe there is hope after all! Screenshot attached.
    09-28-11 09:15 PM
    Nice sleuthing job! Hopefully this gets laid to rest very soon.
    09-28-11 09:19 PM
212 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD