Cant wait to hear what they say, I tweeted them last week and they said something like "the balls in RIMs court now"
    Kind of makes you wonder how many other interesting apps are waiting for RIM's approval. Meanwhile, new word games and apps with graphics a five year-old could make are getting approved daily.
    bbaleno likes this.
    08-10-11 08:23 PM
    I've said it before. RIM will not approve, let alone release, any messaging apps (email, IM etc.) UNTIL they finally get their delayed apps out and let them "embed" themselves.

H3LL they may not ever release 3rd party for these kinds of things.
    08-10-11 09:01 PM
    I've said it before. RIM will not approve, let alone release, any messaging apps (email, IM etc.) UNTIL they finally get their delayed apps out and let them "embed" themselves.

H3LL they may not ever release 3rd party for these kinds of things.
    And in the mean time, the tech community continues to mock the Playbook's software (not hardware); RIM continues to mislead potential customers by including Skype and MSN icons on its website; existing adopters, knowing the sad truth, grow more impatient with each passing day; and potential customers simply look at the device as an incomplete $600.00 web browser and turn their attention to other products. Pessismistic? Nope - I say that's a realistic apprasial of the device as it currently stands.

I had hoped that the Playbook would mark the start of a new beginning for RIM; one in which developers and software designers were treated well and given the proper tools to create stunning apps and utilize the power behind the Playbook (WTF is taking so long with NDK!) and, most importantly, treated with respect. Sadly, its become increasingly clear that RIM hasn't learned anything.
    alegs likes this.
    08-10-11 09:30 PM
    Or they learned to hold back the NDK, App integration until its close to be perfect from all the bad press they have recieved when the playbook launched.

Although i would probally never use IM+ (early thirties here) i know i would have when i was younger when i was whoring it up in msn, icq and yahoo

Either way Rim needs to stop resisting recognizable apps developers.. if anything they should be letting most of them through since the biggest complaint is the lack of apps..

Apps? Buggy? They can fix them with updates once they are out!!!
    08-10-11 10:31 PM
    I received a response from Shape about the status of IM+ for the PB.

"We have no news from RIM until our last conversation. We will wait until 15th of August and we will notify press and our users on what is going on."

Like they said before, the ball is in RIMs court.

Tim
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-11-11 08:47 AM
    They need to stick it to RIM and just release it for sideloading. It'd be easy to prevent piracy with server-side activation, if they choose to go that route.
    08-11-11 10:27 AM
    Doesn't matter if they release it later on today. The playbook has been out to long to be this incomplete. Its a waste of time and money period.
    08-11-11 02:58 PM
    Doesn't matter if they release it later on today. The playbook has been out to long to be this incomplete. Its a waste of time and money period.
    Personally I think that is just silly. I have had my Playbook since April 19th and I love it more with every cool app that does come out. I haven't taken my laptop out of the house since I got it. And having the Android Market on it now just makes it all the sweeter. Was using the Android Kindle app today..

Am I annoyed that more apps haven't come out for it yet? Sure..

Am I ticked off at RIM for handling this situation with Shape so poorly? You bet!!

But to say the Playbook is "a waste of time and money" is just stupid, in my opinion. It's a great little device and it has changed the way I live and work. Chillax, my brother!
    08-11-11 04:14 PM
    Personally I think that is just silly. I have had my Playbook since April 19th and I love it more with every cool app that does come out. I haven't taken my laptop out of the house since I got it. And having the Android Market on it now just makes it all the sweeter. Was using the Android Kindle app today..

Am I annoyed that more apps haven't come out for it yet? Sure..

Am I ticked off at RIM for handling this situation with Shape so poorly? You bet!!

But to say the Playbook is "a waste of time and money" is just stupid, in my opinion. It's a great little device and it has changed the way I live and work. Chillax, my brother!
    Do you realize that you are using android(google) apps. Is that what RIM is going to. I don't buy apple products for rim's apps and vice versa. The playbook doesn't hold up to any of the other tablets. The Galaxy tab 7 inch is more usable than the playbook $200 cheaper and have a micro sd slot. The playbook is a waste of money. If it was worth it they would sale more and people would be loving them.

PS. You can find play books on craigslist for $300 in any state.
    Last edited by falconeight; 08-11-11 at 10:55 PM.
    08-11-11 10:00 PM
    The PlayBook doesn't hold up to ANY of the other tablets? The PB is superior to most of the other tablets and that's a fact! Again we have the confusion between the device itself and what is on it - which admittedly is lacking for the moment. Unfortunately we have - especially in this continent - a culture of impatience and instant gratification. I never regret having got my PB - and in a few months, will be really happy with it....and happy to have been part of the growing experience. That's just me...to each his own....
    dave_2611 and d3adcrab like this.
    08-12-11 12:27 AM
    The PlayBook doesn't hold up to ANY of the other tablets? The PB is superior to most of the other tablets and that's a fact! Again we have the confusion between the device itself and what is on it - which admittedly is lacking for the moment. Unfortunately we have - especially in this continent - a culture of impatience and instant gratification. I never regret having got my PB - and in a few months, will be really happy with it....and happy to have been part of the growing experience. That's just me...to each his own....
    Having a Ferrari with no gas doesn't do you any good. Unless you want to sit stare at it and tell everyone that you have a Ferrari and one day sometime in the future you might drive it.
    08-12-11 12:39 AM
    Cute analogy - but it doesn't apply to me or countless others. I don't know what you require the PB to do for you. As for me - I do far more than just stare at it. It's VERY useful to me now and, when the apps and native PIMs come, it won't make much difference. Oh yeah - it'll help me show off my Ferrari and blow everyone around me even more than it does now!
    anon(767240) and d3adcrab like this.
    08-12-11 12:59 AM
    The analogy doesn't really work because it's exactly what most Ferrari owners do. They don't usually buy them to drive, they buy them to say they own one.
    08-12-11 01:06 AM
    Do you realize that you are using android(google) apps. Is that what RIM is going to. I don't buy apple products for rim's apps and vice versa. The playbook doesn't hold up to any of the other tablets. The Galaxy tab 7 inch is more usable than the playbook $200 cheaper and have a micro sd slot. The playbook is a waste of money. If it was worth it they would sale more and people would be loving them.

Do I realize I'm using android apps? What kind of stupid question is that? Of course I realize I'm using android apps, dummy. I installed the Android player, didn't I?

I think you should change your name from "falconeight" to "flame bait"...

Go sell your Playbook and leave the rest of us to enjoy ours. How about that?
    OniBerry, anon(767240) and bAAx like this.
    08-12-11 06:49 AM

Please take this crap elsewhere! It has nothing to do with the subject of this thread!

This is getting real old real fast.

Complaint lodged, again.

Tim
    08-12-11 09:03 AM
    Serious falcon it is getting old keep this stuff in the general forum you can annoy alot more people.
    08-12-11 09:08 AM
    I've been using IM+'s web interface that is free and while it works OK it still times out and has to reconnect if you're away from the tab for very long or the playbook goes into standby.
    08-12-11 09:12 AM
    Please take this crap elsewhere! It has nothing to do with the subject of this thread!

This is getting real old real fast.

Complaint lodged, again.

Tim
    Who did you tell? your mommy
    08-12-11 04:22 PM
    Do I realize I'm using android apps? What kind of stupid question is that? Of course I realize I'm using android apps, dummy. I installed the Android player, didn't I?

I think you should change your name from "falconeight" to "flame bait"...

Go sell your Playbook and leave the rest of us to enjoy ours. How about that?
    Do you really have to go to name calling? have you ran out of baseless arguments?
    08-12-11 04:22 PM
    I guess thats why its rocking the tablet market.

The analogy doesn't really work because it's exactly what most Ferrari owners do. They don't usually buy them to drive, they buy them to say they own one.
    Exactly what playbook owners are doing.
    08-12-11 04:24 PM
    The insults amd provocation end here. The thread topic is "IM+ for playbook (en route (soon)! "
    08-12-11 04:42 PM
    Why does this user STILL have posting rights on CB?!?!?!
    He will not be posting for 2 weeks. That will be his last chance.
    08-12-11 05:16 PM
    I removed my post about this to keep things on topic..

Thanks,

Tim
    08-12-11 05:24 PM
    We have been waiting for this (or any IM app) for the Playbook. I am starting to think we will not be seeing one.
    08-12-11 08:07 PM
    We have been waiting for this (or any IM app) for the Playbook. I am starting to think we will not be seeing one.
    I know everyone is waiting for this app, but Shape is the one that programed it wrong. Shouldn't they go back to the end of the line behind everyone who coded their app correctly?

I know people want this app, I'm just trying to look at fairly.
    08-12-11 11:36 PM
212 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD