09-28-11 09:19 PM
212 ... 45678 ...
tools
    This is insulting to Shape services, if I were them, at this point, after getting rim's word it was moving along in the process to absolutely nothing, i'd pull the plug on the project and put effort else where.
    The app is already done, so pulling the plug would just cost them money for no reason...
    07-29-11 01:16 PM
    What I'm doing for now is surfing on my playbook and using yahoo IM on my phone. Would rather only have one out but guess it'll have to do for now.
    Hey so you can do two things at once - multitasking.. why just pat your head when you can rub your belly at the same time? If you had messaging on your Playbook what would you be doing with your phone. Productivity!!!

Personally I would hate the virtual keyboard for messaging - much rather stick to the phone for that...
    07-29-11 01:24 PM
    I hope they add bridge functionality from the RIM chat apps (gtalk, aim, etc), since I already would be signed in on my phone
    07-29-11 01:30 PM
    Hey so you can do two things at once - multitasking.. why just pat your head when you can rub your belly at the same time? If you had messaging on your Playbook what would you be doing with your phone. Productivity!!!

Personally I would hate the virtual keyboard for messaging - much rather stick to the phone for that...
    Not me I chat with some people that like to write a book, all that scrolling on the phone ugh. I rarely surf on my phone for the factthe screen is just too small for me. I'd rather only have one device to use at a timethen haveto have them both out.
    07-29-11 01:42 PM
    The app is already done, so pulling the plug would just cost them money for no reason...
    Good point, RIM is costing them money by not releasing the damn app. Either way, it sucks all around. I hope at the very least RIM can release something of their own.
    07-29-11 03:37 PM
    I hope they add bridge functionality from the RIM chat apps (gtalk, aim, etc), since I already would be signed in on my phone
    That would be great. I have no idea how far the bridge functionality is meant to go as far as third party apps are concerned but I know the poynt bridge works well.
    07-29-11 03:52 PM
    Why not just hit up imo.im? Free. All this paid app stuff is something Apple would do. A bookmark to the homescreen for an online im app is fine for me, but I don't use IM anymore anyway...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 10:57 PM
    If you don't use IM much, then MAYBE a gimped web app might work, but for most users, it's not practical. We need IM ASAP!! Though I'd prefer Trillian, I'll take any app at this point.
    07-30-11 12:07 AM
    Why not just hit up imo.im? Free. All this paid app stuff is something Apple would do. A bookmark to the homescreen for an online im app is fine for me, but I don't use IM anymore anyway...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just tried this and all though it works better then some of the other online web based ones I've tried the formatting is still bad as when the chat window comes up and then the keyboard it pushes the window up where you can't see it all.

I just hope RIM or someone gets a good one out soon.
    07-30-11 07:17 AM
    5--10 days was the latest news a few days ago, lets see if rim will deliver, better late than never?
    rafman1992 likes this.
    08-02-11 09:11 PM
    i think there was a mis communication with RIM, i'd like to speculate they meant 5-10 weeks..
    klawjon likes this.
    08-07-11 08:27 PM
    i think there was a mis communication with RIM, i'd like to speculate they meant 5-10 weeks..
    I have zero interest in the app but it still infuriates me how RIM is handling this. It's not like there's thousands of apps waiting in queue for approval. And while people are waiting for this they're approving useless apps. RIM doesn't have a clue how to work with developers.
    Marcel38 and ericlc2 like this.
    08-07-11 09:42 PM
    I bet they meant 5 to 10 months.
    08-07-11 09:57 PM
    This is starting to get annoying again!
    08-08-11 07:48 PM
    Yes, but maybe they meant the date in europe; 5-10 ... 5 october ... the year is not known ... hehehe

In the end; why do we see all sorts of apps released, but not the promised IM+ ... almost as they do it on purpose to tease us.

Grrrrr!
    08-09-11 07:32 AM
    I wish they would just release it all ready or put their own apps for yahoo etc. or better yet integrate them in bbm. None of the web option seem to work worth a crap.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-09-11 07:37 AM
    It is time for CB to follow up!
    ericlc2 and Jake-44 like this.
    08-09-11 03:19 PM
    It is time for CB to follow up!
    It's also time for someone to purchase a dictionary for RIM employees and their two CEO's with the following words highlighted:

day/dā/
    Noun: A period of twenty-four hours as a unit of time, reckoned from one midnight to the next, corresponding to a rotation of the earth on its axis

week/wēk/Noun
    1. A period of seven days.
    2. The period of seven days generally reckoned from and to midnight on Saturday night: "she has class twice a week

promise/ˈprməs/
    Noun: A declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that guarantees that a particular thing will happen.
    Verb: Assure someone that one will definitely do, give, or arrange something; undertake or declare that something will happen
    08-09-11 04:47 PM
    I would give them until Thursday, then if it is still a no show then perhaps we should
    start leaning on RIM once again.

We need to be sure that the app is good to go and not having issues corrected
    by Shape.

Tim
    08-09-11 06:45 PM
    News flash: STILL WAITING

This is quite comical at this rate.
    08-10-11 02:26 PM
    RIM is to busy releasing phones to support the playbook right now.
    08-10-11 02:32 PM
    I think the appworld is a one man show, the rate of new apps is equal to a workday for a dude in a office in rim building 13, room 527...
    08-10-11 04:47 PM
    I shot an email over to Shape and awaiting their reply.

Tim
    08-10-11 04:59 PM
    It's almost comical....almost, because, in reality, I'm fuming!
    08-10-11 05:18 PM
    I shot an email over to Shape and awaiting their reply.

Tim
    Cant wait to hear what they say, I tweeted them last week and they said something like "the balls in RIMs court now"
    08-10-11 07:53 PM
212 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD